WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syttende

Reaction score
Police search for 10 year old McCleary girl

King 5 News said:
McCLEARY, Wash. - A search is under way in the small town of McCleary for a 10-year-old girl who didn't make it home Friday night.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at roughly 9:15 p.m. on Maple Street. She was walking home from a friend's house, and the distance she had to go was only about four blocks.

McCleary is a small town, less than 2,000 people, across the Puget Sound from Seattle and not far from the Washington capitol. I hope she hasn't fallen to foul play so dearly, and that she just became disoriented and will be found promptly. :(

I found a Myspce that I think is hers. It says 13 (which is the youngest you can say you are on Myspace, I think) and it was last updated the 27th. She is smart though, It's set to private and her pic is not shown. It's from McCleary. Her banner is disturbed, her mood is wet, she was having a water fight. Not sure what to make of it. Pretty sure she has 2 of them. On ehas age listed as 99, McCleary.
SInce I am only 99% sure, should I post it?

ETA: the second Myspace was created 5-29, the same daym she writes this: "Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared at 6:48 AM May 29"

I'm still not linking because I don't know if I can or not.

This doesn't sound too good. I wouldn't think that at 10 years old, she would be a runaway. Also, said she was in the company of friends part of the way home...wonder if an older relative of one of the friends may have picked them up and have done something to her. Another odd thing is the parents waiting until 10:50 PM to call LE...that's pretty late for a 10 yr. old to be out roaming around...you would think that the parents would have called the friend's house much earlier and found out that she had left already. Why wait so late?

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

Posting this at my own risk, but I know it's her. Says she there for dating, serious relationships, friends, that scares me at her age. Also says that she is very happy that her brother was going to juvie and it was created a 4:04 a.m. That disturbs me. However, it links to her other profile, just look for her German SHephard in her friends. And there are very few other friends, one an Alice that was created the day after DISTURBED (lindsey) last logged in on hers. Says she is 18 and has no picture. Also set to private. I'm pretty sure that's her, somewhere she has Internet access, her little friend on the TWILIGHT FREAK profile, is not someone that I would let my ten year old hang with.

So, we have a girl that has just had her parents divorce (per news) and if the profiles are hers, has bad influences, a brother in juvie, and improper supervision. She is either the perfect pedo target or she very badly is craving attention and ran away to get it. It doesn't sound good, either way.

Mods, sorry if I'm out of line with linking. I know she is a minor, but she is a missing minor. And the profile I linked says she is 99.

10 is so young. I hope she is found safe. I don't think she took off. This may sound strange, but I think at age 10, she would think running away was that she was never coming back, and well I don't think she would go without her dog. 10 years old, my neice will be 9 soon, I'm just thinking.
I wonder if she is suppose to be home before dark, and stayed later at a friends. In a small town people feel safe.
I just looked up blocks to see the distance, I live in an area we use miles hehe. Some say a block can be 100 yards to 250, so that would be a 1000 yards the most, which would be a little over half a mile, or .22 miles for 400 yards, which is it?

[SIZE=+3]Endangered Missing[/SIZE]
NCMC1125977c1.jpg

LINDSEY BAUM
DOB: Jul 7, 1998
Missing: Jun 26, 2009
Height: 4'9" (145 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: White
Age Now: 10
Sex: Female
Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg)
Hair: Brown Missing From:
MCCLEARY WA
United States
Lindsey was last seen leaving a friend's house on the evening of June 26, 2009. She was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
McCleary Police Department (Washington) 1-360-533-8765

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1125977&seqNum=1

Thanks,
Soulscape

Charts don't look good.

Kidnapping, not runaway. LE should check brothers/relatives/friends/acquaintances of friend she visited. Someone got her on the way home. She is in extreme danger.

Thanks,
Soulscape

And look at this, copied from the myspace linked above: i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared
scared.gif

at 6:48 AM May 29

What the heck is this? On May 29th she was scared and worried.

Salem

ETA: not my kids originally pointed this out in Post 2 above. Sorry NMK - I didn't read your entire post before posting this.

In the first article it says Lindsey walked part way home with friends. How far is part way? 2 blocks? 1 block?

The article also says: Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce.

What the heck does this mean? Did the brother meet her on the walk home? Did she make it home, have a fight with the brother and take off? Or was the brother at the friend's house also? My hinky meter is running at high alert here.

Salem

Thanks Steadfast. I thought I had read the actual addresses somewhere, but now I can't find them. Must have been my imagination.

It looks as if she had to cross a major street. N.Summit Road/S.3rd Street. In a town of 2,000 I don't imagine it is that busy of a street, probably just a throughfare running across town or something.

She was walking east. First block on Mommsen Street is houses but 3 blocks out it appears to turn into a wooded area. Not good. Pick her up, put her in car, drive straight east and in 2 minutes the perp would be in a pretty secluded area.

I wonder if there has been much development in the area since the satellite pictures were taken on google?

Salem

Looks like there are several creeks out that way too. Wonder how big they are?

What the heck is up w/ that myspace page?
I have kids that age and that doesn't sound like them at all.
She sounds way to grown up for a 10 year old.
Poor thing.....:(

And look at this, copied from the myspace linked above: i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared
scared.gif

at 6:48 AM May 29

What the heck is this? On May 29th she was scared and worried.

Salem

ETA: not my kids originally pointed this out in Post 2 above. Sorry NMK - I didn't read your entire post before posting this.

It's all good, the more times it's posted, the more people see it. That really does worry me, the rest all seems to point to runaway,except for that post about eing scared and leaving her dog.

I found a Myspce that I think is hers. It says 13 (which is the youngest you can say you are on Myspace, I think) and it was last updated the 27th. She is smart though, It's set to private and her pic is not shown. It's from McCleary. Her banner is disturbed, her mood is wet, she was having a water fight. Not sure what to make of it. Pretty sure she has 2 of them. On ehas age listed as 99, McCleary.
SInce I am only 99% sure, should I post it?

ETA: the second Myspace was created 5-29, the same daym she writes this: "Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared at 6:48 AM May 29"

I'm still not linking because I don't know if I can or not.

Banner - disturbed
Getting a lot of nightmares lately
Bad feeling
something bads gonna happen

these are strong words for a child of 10! Something has this child terrified and on edge. Didn't anyone notice?

Looking for info on the brother. As he is a minor I don't think I will find much, but i have a pretty bad feeling. If she was happy that he was allegedly going to lockup, then she must not like him and per the mother on the news reports, he was one of the last people to see her.

Looking for info on the brother. As he is a minor I don't think I will find much, but i have a pretty bad feeling. If she was happy that he was allegedly going to lockup, then she must not like him and per the mother on the news reports, he was one of the last people to see her.

I agree about this brother. Any idea yet how old he is? And what is he going to juvie for? Probably won't be able to find out much, but it is concerning.

I want to know exactly when and where the brother saw her. It doesn't make much sense unless he was at the friend's house also. If he was, was he walking home with her? Is that when they were fighting? Or were they fighting before she went to the friend's house? But that doesn't make sense either because mom said it was right before she was last seen? Confusing.

Salem

Banner - disturbed
Getting a lot of nightmares lately
Bad feeling
something bads gonna happen

these are strong words for a child of 10! Something has this child terrified and on edge. Didn't anyone notice?

Problems with another child in the home and on the heels of a divorce, the short answer would be probably not. They didn't even notice that she was creating myspace profiles at almost 5 a.m. I have a feeling there was a lot that went unnoticed.

I do think that the Alice in her friends might be another profile of hers and I really hope it is, since the person was online at about 3:30 this morning when I was digging around myspace.

Why did the friend say that Lindsey might be afraid that she's in trouble? In trouble for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member