Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates

Notices

Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates Information and updates on Archived cases and trials.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:52 PM
All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!

Exclamation Barton Corbin up for Parole in 2020 - Please help

I sent a letter to the parole board after a friend told me about this. I know many WS'ers followed this case closely and perhaps would like to get involved.

Up for Parole in 2020

In 2020, just 11 year short years from now Barton Corbin will be up for Parole.

He is the dentist that killed both his dental school girlfriend Dorothy Carlile "Dolly" Hearn on June 6, 1990 and later married, had children and killed his wife, Jennifer Corbin, on December 04, 2004.

Everyone that knew Dolly knew she did not commit suicide, but there was no Justice. Dolly was in her last year of dental school and a year from being known as Dr. Dorothy Hearn before she was murdered. Unfortunately, it took Dr. Barton Corbin to murder his wife Jenn Corbin, in the same manner. for LE to be able to get this murderer. He killed them both for the same reason, they both were going to leave him.

Dolly's birthday was July 6th my friend wrote to the Parole Board. Two days ago she received a response that her letter would be a permanent part of the file. I also sent a letter to the Parole Board, I'll let you know when I receive my letter.

On Dolly's site http://www.kudcom.com/dolly/main.html there is a letter from the Hearn family. Many people have asked them what they could do to help, this is one way to get involved. Many people have asked me how to get involved in helping victim's of crime, this is also one way.

I would ask if you have a few minutes to spare, why not write to the parole board.

Barton will be up for Parole in 2020, meaning he'll be in jail less time that it took for Dolly to receive any sort of Justice. This man took away two lives, hurt so my countless others, including his own children.

The District Attorney on the case urged the Hearns to pass the word about writing to the Parole Board. Please, don't wait until the Parole time is upon them, please write now, these are permanents parts of the file. Together we can make a difference.

You can complete the online form at the following link. I have the questions listed below with the correct information to add, and at the bottom I will post my Victim's Impact Statement that you are free to use, or write your own.

I would be so grateful if you can do this for me, and perhaps ask your friends to do so also.

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/victim.nsf/fVIS2?openform

Defendants name: Barton Thomas Corbin
Case Number: EF 613182
County of Conviction: Gwinnett
Sentencing Date: 9/15/2006

Offense: Murder of Dorothy "Dolly" Hearn
Murder of Jennifer Corbin

Victim Name: Dorothy Carlisle Hearn aka "Dolly'

Person other than Victim: Your name

Relation to Victim: Friend of the Family

Reason Victim didn't complete Statement: Barton Corbin murdered Dorothy "Dolly" Carlile Hearn and Jennifer Corbin

Your Address, phone number etc.

Please explain how this crime has affected you (or family member). Include all information and concerns you want taken into consideration by the Parole Board.

VICTIMS IMPACT STATEMENT

(The following is a statement a friend wrote, you are free to use this or create your own)

Dolly Hearn had everything to live for, she was a a wonderful person, a hard worker, she was beautiful, intelligent with a dynamic personality. She was a daughter, sister, cousin, friend. She was in Dental School and loved life. A single gunshot wound to her head, no suicide note and 17 years to receive justice.

In 1990 she was brutally murdered by Barton Corbin, who was free to go on to finish Dental School, free to live his life, free to marry and have a child, free to murder again. He murdered his wife, Jennifer Corbin in 2004. He was sentenced September 15, 2006.

How can a man that killed two women be eligible for Parole ever, let alone be eligible for parole in less time than it took for Dolly and her family and friends to receive Justice? This man belongs locked away, off the streets, forever. He took two women from this earth. He chose their fate, executed it, killing is his way of disposing of those that decide they didn't want to be with a manipulative sociopath.

If this man ever sees the light of day as a free man, what would this say about our Justice System?

Sincerely,

(Your Name)

--

You may also mail a letter:

Reference Information is below:

Dorothy Carlisle Hearn aka "Dolly"
July 6, 1962 - June 6, 1990

Reference Barton Thomas Corbin, EF 613182
Gwinnett County
Sentencing Date September 15, 2006

The Board of Pardons and Paroles
Victims Services
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., SE
East Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1849625_a.jpg

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

Last edited by terminatrixator; 07-15-2009 at 07:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terminatrixator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 02:34 AM

I read the book and can't believe that he'd ever even be considered for parole. There was also another death of the older woman that he was said to have had a relationship with. It couldn't be linked to him but what somewhat mysterious.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:44 AM
absit invidia

These are two of the crimes that haunt me most. I hate this man with the white hot hate of 1000 suns. From what I have heard of his proclivities, shall we say, since he's been incarcerated, I expect he will die in prison of Hepatitis or HIV.
BUT, should he be around 10 years from now with 1 year to go to a parole hearing, sure I'll sign anything. I think it's way too far out for any petition to have a bearing now though. JMO.

BTW- If someone reading this doesn't know the story ( ies) well, I believe Ann Rule wrote an excellent book about the devil named Bart and the two angels he murdered: Dolly and Jennifer.

Maria
I am " Social Media" phobic BY CHOICE. I do not read personal blogs, I do not have, nor will I follow, any Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MySpace accounts or any other like network. I do NOT Google or otherwise seek info regarding people related to victims. I do not STALK families of victims, so don't tell me to "Google" a blog or another site.
UNLESS A LINK IS POSTED, MY POSTS REFLECT MY OPINION ONLY.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
These are two of the crimes that haunt me most. I hate this man with the white hot hate of 1000 suns. From what I have heard of his proclivities, shall we say, since he's been incarcerated, I expect he will die in prison of Hepatitis or HIV.
BUT, should he be around 10 years from now with 1 year to go to a parole hearing, sure I'll sign anything. I think it's way too far out for any petition to have a bearing now though. JMO.

BTW- If someone reading this doesn't know the story ( ies) well, I believe Ann Rule wrote an excellent book about the devil named Bart and the two angels he murdered: Dolly and Jennifer.

Maria

I agree SeekingJane. I hate him with a passion too. Everyone should read his story and learn about him. It is too early to worry about his parole but I certainly will sign anything to keep him locked away for life. It is hard to believe he could possibly be even considered for parole after the murders.

Never thought of it how he probably will die of AIDS or Hep in prison. Good pt.

Goz
Old 07-17-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
I agree SeekingJane. I hate him with a passion too. Everyone should read his story and learn about him. It is too early to worry about his parole but I certainly will sign anything to keep him locked away for life. It is hard to believe he could possibly be even considered for parole after the murders.

Never thought of it how he probably will die of AIDS or Hep in prison. Good pt.

Goz
It is not too early to worry about his Parole actually. My friend that asked me to do this is a friend of one of Dorothy "Dolly" Hearns relatives. The Hearns were told to start sending in their statements now, do not wait until the Parole approaches.

By sending a letter or actually filling out the form online, it goes DIRECTLY into prisoner 1226826'S (aka) Barton Thomas Corbin's PERMANENT FILE.

I received my letter from the Georgia Corrections and Parole Board Office of Victim Services yesterday.

Which States:

Re: Barton Thomas Corbin/GDC ID: 1226826

Thank you for contacting the Office of Victim Services regarding the case of the above-referenced inmate. We have received your correspondence and it will become a permanent and confidential part of our file. For more information regarding the parole process, please visit our web site at www.pap.state.ga.us

For specific information regarding your case, you may contact the Office of Victim Services in the following manners: by calling us toll-free at 1-800-593-9474 or locally at (404) 651-6668, by faxing us at (404) 654-6377, by visiting our web site at www.pap.state.ga.us. or by mailat the following address:

Office of Victim Services
State Board of Pardons & Paroles
2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, SE
Balcony Level, East tower
Atlanta, GA 30334

Remember, you are responsible for notifying the Parole Board in writing should your mailing address change. A change of address form can be found on our web site.

Sincerely,

Shalandra D. Robertson, Director
Office of Victim Services

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

Last edited by terminatrixator; 07-17-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 PM

Thank you to those that have gone to the link and filled out the form, and I urge anyone that reads that to please do so.

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/victim.nsf/fVIS2?openform

I have followed this case closely. This is one of the biggest fears that I have when it comes to Lisa Stebic and most definitely Raven Abaroa.

I am of the opinion and belief that Raven Abaroa was setting Vanessa Pond for a suicide. I do not put it past Raven Abaroa to murder again.

Barton Corbin got away with Dolly's for a very long time. It wasn't until he disposed of his wife in the same manner that he was held accountable for killing Dolly.

Two words "Drew Peterson".

We all know that people get out of jail after committing horrific acts. If we aren't diligent, who is to say that somehow this creep won't find his way out.

I found out today that Scott Peterson's family is looking for $95,000 to help with his appeal fund.

It never ends for the victims and their family. The rest of Dolly & Jenn's friends and families' lives they are going to have to deal with the Parole Process, Sharon Rocha will always have to deal with appeals, and other court proceedings.

It makes me ill. It's one step, 10 minutes out of my day to fill out the form, and perhaps WS can have a thread in the future for cases like this. Why not have 100 - 1000's of letters put in these creeps files. Maybe less child molesters would be let out early, maybe less murderers would be free to go if more people wrote in.

Just a thought!

Thanks again everyone for reading this thread and perhaps writing in.

xoxo

Last edited by terminatrixator; 07-17-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM

I live in the next county over from where this POS committed his last crime...those poor kids!!
Old 07-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Yeah, that has to be rough. What really makes me mad is that these guys get away with it the first time, and they get to live their life free and clear and they do it again and someone else has to die.

Nobody should have to have to die again in order to get Justice. Something is wrong with that. Drew Peterson is a good example, but I am fearful that's going to happen in Janet Abaroa's case if they don't move soon on getting that chubby poa in jail.