WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traced the IP that AC sent the email from and it traces to sunnyvale, CA.

Also found a woman online that had been receiving "inappropriate emails" at work from this IP, but at that point, it traced to Columbus, OH.
This was 4-15-2008.

Then in december last year, it traced to Ghana.

Oh, and Nigeria.

Anyone know how IP's work better than I do? All I know is that mine tends to bounce around, as far as showing my location, and never gets it right, but also never is outside my state, let alone the country.

Originally posted by KageyKaren: SS, your spotting the guy in the black shirt was amazing! I had to hunt for him, looking thru the bleacher photos twice. lol It looks like he has a brightly colored orange and yellow jacket or overshirt on, but don't think it is a road workers vest, although it could be. Did you spot him in any other photos? Do any locals recognize him, assuming he is not our Jvk.
Thanks. Actually, the man in the brightly colored vest and the one I spotted aren't the same person. The man eyeing Cyberswept is sitting on the other bleachers in the same spot.

He is with a woman wearing a green hoodie. JVK's photos include an excellent shot of him from the side. He has on a black hoodie with black shorts sporting an orange stripe down both sides and tennis shoes. He is holding a small American Flag.

To be honest, he looks rather like LE to me with the really short haircut. There is another shot of the couple standing together and her hair is rather short, too. (There is a man in a red hoodie with white letters standing with them.) Maybe they are both LE. LOL Who knows? I just know the one photo shows him paying close attention to Cyber while everyone else was concentrating on what was going on with the vigil.

In adddition to thanking cyberswept and jvk for their great photography and the willingness/effort they put into posting the pictures here, I want to say:

Scandi, the man in the black shirt is NOT the one with the orange-yellow vest on. (I think the one with the vest was probably one of the security people working the event, perhaps from the Parks/Recreation department.) The man SS was referring to is in cyberswept's shot titled "crowd 3.jpg" on his Photobucket album page. He is away off to the right of the photo (you have to move your horizontal bar to the right to even get him in the frame, as SS said) and I think he might be LE. He is definitely, as SS said, looking in the direction of the guy taking the picture -- and the only one doing so. And it's been posted that LE shows up where KK shows up.

It would be neat if a local person could identify the guy...he's quite tall and looks like he's wearing a short-sleeved polo shirt.

The "grandmotherly person" SS referred to is the woman seated in the bleachers whose white hair is very prominent in the photo.

Also found a woman online that had been receiving "inappropriate emails" at work from this IP, but at that point, it traced to Columbus, OH.
This was 4-15-2008.

Oh, and Nigeria.

Anyone know how IP's work better than I do? All I know is that mine tends to bounce around, as far as showing my location, and never gets it right, but also never is outside my state, let alone the country.
Hmmm...I don't know a thing about IP's, but it would explain that cryptic message if the guy didn't speak English very well (the whatever language to English translator sites online aren't very good at forming sentences or making much sense at times). Maybe he had hacked AC's account to leave the message and this is why AC was so upset because you had his addy?

Hmmm...I don't know a thing about IP's, but it would explain that cryptic message if the guy didn't speak English very well (the whatever language to English translator sites online aren't very good at forming sentences or making much sense at times). Maybe he had hacked AC's account to leave the message and this is why AC was so upset because you had his addy?

Possibly. I can't figure out why someone would hack another's email to send a message that had no purpose, unless they wanted to get the hackee in trouble. And I just don't see SO AC being worldly enough to have friends or enemies in Ghana.

This was 4-15-2008.

Oh, and Nigeria.

AOL IP's bounce around

i know there is a way to get your IP to look as if you're in another country. i guess you can make it to look like you're in a different state too. check this out

http://www.invisibleipmap.com/

Possibly. I can't figure out why someone would hack another's email to send a message that had no purpose, unless they wanted to get the hackee in trouble. And I just don't see SO AC being worldly enough to have friends or enemies in Ghana.
They don't personally know the people they hack. They can use their account to send out various things including viruses. Nigerian addresses are famous for sending out scams etc.

Whether they realize it or not...they probably did get this guy into some trouble. LOL LE is going to be talking to him before long when they get all those tips.

For comparison: Running my IP, I get 1 page of results on Google, when I run the one from AC's e-mails, I get 11 pages of results. I still have no idea what that means

does anybody know who the guy is in jvk's pics who is sitting on the bench?
in the one pic, he's on the bench (looks like before the vigil started) with his back to jvk.
then he's in another pic, looks like he's standing behind the bleachers, looking down.

i haven't seen anyone mention it but i apologize if it has been already.

OK, I think I've done everything I can with AC, it's all been turned in, we'll just wait and see and see if he mails me again.

Hopefully seventeenseconds hears a few useful things tonight. That would be nice, I would love to have something concrete.

Thanks.

snipped:

To be honest, he looks rather like LE to me with the really short haircut. There is another shot of the couple standing together and her hair is rather short, too. (There is a man in a red hoodie with white letters standing with them.) Maybe they are both LE.

SS -- Please help! I can't locate the photo of the black-shirt guy with a woman in a green hoodie, both of them talking to a man with a red shirt with white letters on it. Actually, I can't even find a photo of him with the woman with the green hoodie at all. Who took those shots....jvk or cyberswept? Are the shots on Photobucket or back in a recent thread?

TIA

For comparison: Running my IP, I get 1 page of results on Google, when I run the one from AC's e-mails, I get 11 pages of results. I still have no idea what that means

Well let's say he's been using that address to sign up on some not so reputable web sites. They capture his IP address along with his email (easy to do). Then this info gets passed along to be used for spoofing. That is how he might have come to appear in the guestbook and result on so many google pages. It's very possible he is unaware of this.

For your own safety, every once in a while you should input your email address, name, etc. into the search engine to help ensure your personal information is not out there too. Never use web sites to store your passwords. Never store passwords on your computer. If you do your taxes on a computer, save records directly to a thumb or flash drive you can pull off. Do not save records directly to the computer. A quick and dirty way to delete files that are harder to recover is to move them... not copy, but move them to a flash drive then delete from there. They don't go into the recycle bin and this defeats a lot of file recovery programs because they are looking for deleted files.

SS -- Please help! I can't locate the photo of the black-shirt guy with a woman in a green hoodie, both of them talking to a man with a red shirt with white letters on it. Actually, I can't even find a photo of him with the woman with the green hoodie at all. Who took those shots....jvk or cyberswept? Are the shots on Photobucket or back in a recent thread?

TIA

here's one but i don't know if they are talking to the person in the red sweatshirt w/white letters?

crowd4.jpg

does anybody know who the guy is in jvk's pics who is sitting on the bench?
in the one pic, he's on the bench (looks like before the vigil started) with his back to jvk.
then he's in another pic, looks like he's standing behind the bleachers, looking down.

i haven't seen anyone mention it but i apologize if it has been already.

I don't know him, sorry.

Dragonfly, I had noticed that guy sitting on the bench and wondered about him, but didn't post about him. In the other photo of him, he is not too far from our clean-cut guy in the black shirt sitting in the bleachers. Almost makes me wonder if it's role reversal, with the undercover LE guy wearing the old sweatshirt and jeans, getting to the vigil early and by himself, keeping an eye on the clean-cut guy with the flag. Probably not, but -- still -- it could be!

Thanks for posting the photo of the black-shirt guy with the woman in the green hoodie; that photo actually reminds me once again of the man with the beard and the baseball cap who is also apparently attending the vigil by himself. In that photo, he is shown from the rear; does anyone recognize him? I didn't notice him in any other photos.

P.S. -- Is the woman in the green hoodie (who is sometimes shown with the black-shirt guy) also seen in many other photos of the vigil where he is not visible?
TIA

i've only seen them together. either they are standing or sitting up in the bleachers....together.

OT question----does a member here have to have so many posts in before they have the pm feature? TIA!

First of all I'd like to thank the local WS photographers for their excellent work, especially picking up some sharpness at that extremely low shutter speeds that are evident when spotting an arm moving slightly (complete blur). If you were not using a tripod or monopod you both did some amazing photography without the use of a flash and simply relying on ISO and low shutter speeds.

My initial interest was in seeing a good close up shot of JB, and JVK provided some really excellent shots! A few comments that I'd like to share:

Cyberswept (I believe it was) in a really excellent summary of the general subjective mood (in the last thread) indicated that JB seemed somewhat distant from the affairs. That was interesting.

Snipped from post #652 in the last thread (8): I met JB. He seemed well mannered enough, but in my honest opinion, detached from the whole thing. Most of the kids sat and listened to the speakers while he was up moving around most of the time. My wife also told me that when they would go to the park there, they would always see him and that he was very friendly. He even pushed my daughter around in a wheel barrow one day. My wife didn't realize who he was until tonight.

Chat has been made in the past relative to the description of the shoes that LB was wearing at the time of her disappearance. I noticed that in the shot of JB and MB that both were wearing what could be determined to be "flip flops" or slip on shoes, both being black. Perhaps either one of these shoes could bring light into what LB was wearing upon her disappearance, since both shoes belong to the same family and were probably purchased during one shoe shopping affair.

Shoes
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4416&stc=1&d=1248573887

One other thing that I wanted to discover, JB's build and weight compared to the photo a few years back when he was photographed with LB in swimming suits and goggles. Clearly he weighs quite a bit more in the above photo, and I would guess that he weighs almost as much as the individual holding the microphone.

Thanks again to you great photographers! :clap::clap::clap:

Attachments

• JBcandle.jpg
    JBcandle.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 30
  • flipflops.jpg
    flipflops.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 51
Please excuse me if I seem lazy or forgetful...I am very hot and tired after a long day over here!

Cyber, can you please put your link on one of the pic threads? I can't find it and would like to refer to it. I don't even know which one was you now! :sad:

Dragonfly and KansasMama ~ don't think I said this yet and wanted to just welcome you to WS and this thread! You guys are awesome!

WELCOME.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member