Elderly Couple Killed By Pack Of Wild Dogs-Lexington, Ga.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
What a horrible way to go. My heart goes out to this couple and their families.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20428949/detail.html

Preliminary autopsy results show that an ex-UGA professor and his wife apparently were killed by dogs, according to officials.

"Preliminary findings indicate both of the individuals died as a consequence of mauling injuries," State Medical Examiner Dr. Kris Sperry confirmed to Channel 2 Action News.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Regan took pictures of several of the wild dogs believed to be responsible for the attack.

Authorities said the couple found dead by Jehovah's Witnesses along a road in rural Oglethorpe County Saturday morning were 77-year-old Lothar Karl Schweder and his wife, 65-year-old Sherri L. Schweder.

More at link

What a horrible way to go. My heart goes out to this couple and their families.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20428949/detail.html

Preliminary autopsy results show that an ex-UGA professor and his wife apparently were killed by dogs, according to officials.

"Preliminary findings indicate both of the individuals died as a consequence of mauling injuries," State Medical Examiner Dr. Kris Sperry confirmed to Channel 2 Action News.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Regan took pictures of several of the wild dogs believed to be responsible for the attack.

Authorities said the couple found dead by Jehovah's Witnesses along a road in rural Oglethorpe County Saturday morning were 77-year-old Lothar Karl Schweder and his wife, 65-year-old Sherri L. Schweder.

More at link

May they RIP and may God be with their family.

Maybe I missed it, but the article didn't say anything about tracking the dogs in order to get rid of them?

this is horrible. i am sure there are wild packs of dogs running all over our country side.:eek:

Possibly the saddest thing about this story is that these dogs had never caused any aggressive trouble before. Anyone who lives "in the country" knows about packs of mongrel dogs - usually they are a nuisance and not a real danger.

Here's the latest AJC link about the story: http://www.ajc.com/news/killer-dogs-mystify-117412.html

Yesterday, I read that the Wife was out first and was taken down by the dogs - her Husband went looking for her when she did not return and he was then taken down.

Heartbreaking - this couple often walked their own dogs down this same road. My prayers for their family and friends.

Very sad. Even people will do things in "groups" that they would never do on their own. I wonder how long these dogs had been causing trouble? I'm wondering if they are a result of people letting their pets turn wild because they can no longer afford them? What an awful way to die! And how traumatized the people that found them must feel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back