NY NY - Christopher Dansby, 13 mos, New York, 18 May 1989

lindsay

Reaction score
Date Of Birth: March 30, 1987
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'6; 30 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Dansby has a figure-eight ("8") shaped birthmark on his neck.
Clothing: A floral-print shirt; blue jacket; jeans; and blue and white sneakers.

Missing Date: May 18, 1989
Age Now: 18
Missing City: NEW YORK CITY
Missing State : NY
Case Number: NCMC724088

NCME

Charley Project

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/30/grace.coldcase.walker/index.html

Wow!!! Another boy, Shane Walker went missing 3 months later from the same area of the same park. They were both last seen playing with the same kids, a 10 year old girl and her 5 year old brother. They both went missing in the early evening hours of a Thursday. They both lived in the same apartment complex.

Shane Walker's mother said Shane was sitting on a bench with her eating potato chips, and the two children walked up and asked if Shane could play. Then a man sat down next to her and started talking about crime, how things can happen to children, and even mentioned kidnapping. He said he'd been in a lot of fights and had a lot of scars. When Shane's mother, Rosa Glover turned to look at the scars, and turned back around, the children were gone. She found the other 2 children re-entering the park through a hole in a wire fence. The children said they left Shane in the park.

I'm going to look for a thread for Shane so I can post this there too.
Really eerie story and a good read with lots of info.

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

[snip]

A few months before Shane's disappearance, 2-year-old Christopher Milton Dansby was snatched from the same Harlem playground. He, too, has never been found.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved#ixzz1v6sws9cC

image640x480.jpg

I strongly feel that Christopher Dansby and Shane Walker (AND Andre Bryant) are still alive and in different states. How do these children get through the education system with no birth certificates and social security numbers? How are they able to get IDs and passports and jobs with these unproven, made up names and birth dates? Don't say it's NOT possible and they must be dead; Nejdra Nance/Carlina White did it. It's MIND blowing. These cases could have been solved much earlier if the schools and systems contacted the appropriate authorities about these unproven identities. I wholly believe that Christopher Dansby, Shane Walker, and Andre Bryant, missing since 1989, have been been raised by abductors and are ALIVE.

walker_shane.jpgdansby_christopher.jpgbryant_andre.jpg

http://abc7ny.com/chilling-cold-case-mom-faces-park-where-son-disappeared/3127138/

Nearly three decades after two toddlers went missing from the same Harlem playground, New York City Police have yet to find the boys or name a suspect.

At the age of two, Christopher Dansby went missing on the evening of May 18, 1989, while playing at Martin Luther King Playground.

Nearly three months later, on the evening of August 10, Shane Walker disappeared from the same park under eerily similar circumstances.

Walker and Dansby were probably abducted by the same person(s). I think they were taken for abduction and ate still alive. Hopefully one day we will find out what happened in that harlem park where both toddlers vanished from.

The documentary unsolved mysteries was very interesting with the mothers of the boys featured. What surprised me was that the Park was full of people when they disappeared. But nobody saw anything. In walkers case there were kids playing with him suspected as Lockhart of the abductor Atwell as a man distracting the mother but nothing came out of it and it may not have been related at all. Just crazy how nobody saw anything?

Walker and Dansby were probably abducted by the same person(s). I think they were taken for abduction and ate still alive. Hopefully one day we will find out what happened in that harlem park where both toddlers vanished from.

The documentary unsolved mysteries was very interesting with the mothers of the boys featured. What surprised me was that the Park was full of people when they disappeared. But nobody saw anything. In walkers case there were kids playing with him suspected as Lockhart of the abductor Atwell as a man distracting the mother but nothing came out of it and it may not have been related at all. Just crazy how nobody saw anything?
Mind blowing.

Watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode. & I agree w/ what everyone is saying both on this thread & Walker's thread:

NY - NY - Shane Walker, 20 mos, New York, 10 Aug 1989

The 2 kids & the man who sat next to Walker's mom that day at the playground should definitely be re-interviewed.

My other thought is that this seems like the type of cases in which the perpetrator(s) might have attempted other abductions before or after.

Hope this episode jogs memories and the Dansby & Walker families get answers. My deeper hope is that both are still alive, were taken care of, but just don't know their own histories.

One more thing, the episode said police were able to trace Christopher Dansby's scent to Lenox Avenue & 110th Street before it was lost. There's no info in the episode about where dogs might have traced Shane Walker's scent.
Please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm glad Netflix featured the case. I've followed this case for years. I've read countless interviews and watched old news clip on Youtube but this was the first in-depth video coverage of the case. Some things were cleared up for me. I was always mad that Christopher's relatives were in the park when this happened. I didn't understand how this could happen if they were there. As the aunt explained, there were multiple kids of the family in the park and all the adults took turns watching them. It was a crime of opportunity for someone to abduct Christopher while the adults were talking on the bench or actively engaged with the other kids. The detective tried to downplay the baby selling ring theory. He said that it's unlikely and nothing ever panned out with it. He said that you don't want to believe that a pedophile or serial killer did this, but they do, and that's true. I hope that the documentary sparks new interests and tips. I'll always believe Christopher and Shane are alive.

Christopher Dansby and Shane Walker were almost certainly abducted by the same person(s). They lived in the same building, vanished from the same park, and were playing with the same kids before it happened. I'm on the fence when it comes Andre Bryant's disappearance. The set of circumstances for that one are a little more peculiar.

The scarred guy who sat with Shane's mother sounds like a decoy. It could be a freaky coincidence that he was discussing the kidnappings while one unfolded but what are the odds? It would take a certain kind of psychopath to engage in that kind of conversation if he was involved. I wonder how much he and the two kids were actually investigated by the police?

I doubt the illegal adoption ring theory. There isn't a huge demand for black boys for adoption. Unfortunately, I feel there was a far more nefarious motive for these abductions.

Sarah Turney featured Christopher and Shane’s disappearance on her Voices for Justice podcast. IMO, I do agree and hope that these boys are likely alive somewhere, unaware of their pasts. Here’s to hoping that right person does an at home DNA test some day soon

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back