2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

Does anyone think the freezer questioning might be that it is possible they think caylee may have been placed in the freezer at some point?
How would this fit in with the evidence?
If she was it would have to be prior to decomp or the freezer would stink.
What if she was placed there early on say within 24 hours and not removed until the 24 or even the 25th?
Car would still have decomp smell but it would get stronger over time.
This could fill in any problems with the amount of time from the 16th until the about the 24th which seemed too long to have the body in a hot trunk without everybody smelling the car within a block I am thinking. The body may have only been in the trunk for 2 to 3 days? Would this explain why no blow flies? Would this explain anything else?

Personally, I don't think Caylee was placed in the freezer at any point, else I think the line of questioning in regards to the freezer would have been far more intensive. For me, it seemed as if SA was focusing on two aspects:

1. What type of food was stored in the freezer (that Casey might have stolen - see earlier post I have quoted below)
2. Something about popsicles, which I am still mulling over. I don't recall seeing anything in found evidence relating to a popsicle stick, so that part has me stumped so far.

Are we over-thinking the freezer line of questioning?

Were they simply trying to establish that Casey had been in the garage to steal stuff out of the freezer the day she dumped the sunfire at Amscot? Remember when Tony picked her up she had a used grocery bag of frozen stuff that he thought she'd grabbed from her parents? (Tyson's chicken maybe? Or was that one of the Target purchases?)

Either way, perhaps they were trying to verify that and establish something to do with the car &/or body dump timeline? Casey steals food from the freezer, perhaps grabs other items, dumps the car, Tony picks her up with frozen food.

Hand-drawn map of poor Caylee's remains site. Didn't keep it. Gave it to CA who in turn gave it to DC.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Clearly George is trying to say LE put the sloppy duct tape on the gas can. And yes we are to believe it was not there when casey returned them and yes he would have put new tape in it if you used them after but he doesn't remember doing that cause he didn't use it again though he mowed his lawn and filled up the Pontiac and if he did these thing he would have most likely used that dang can!

Personally, I don't think Caylee was placed in the freezer at any point, else I think the line of questioning in regards to the freezer would have been far more intensive. For me, it seemed as if SA was focusing on two aspects:

1. What type of food was stored in the freezer (that Casey might have stolen - see earlier post I have quoted below)
2. Something about popsicles, which I am still mulling over. I don't recall seeing anything in found evidence relating to a popsicle stick, so that part has me stumped so far.

Did she have popscicles when TonE picked her up at Amscot? Popscicles is ringing a bell. I remember thinking what a child she still was. [and yes,I still like poscicles,myself]

I'm still reading the depo and I'm way behind a lot of you. It's good to take a "reality" break from time to time.

I am beginning to realize that neither George nor Cindy really know their children. I can remember how often Cindy would reply to questions about Casey by relating how SHE would feel if put in Casey's situation. She frequently assumes that, having raised her children, they think just the way she does.

George just did the same thing when discussing Casey's understanding of what effect her fake-deposit slip had on the family. George doesn't have a clue as to how Casey felt.

Beginning on p. 89, line 24

Q Did Casey see how these problems were affecting the family?

A Oh, I'm sure she did. I mean, anyone would -- they could see it. I mean, I would understand it if I would have done that to my family. I think I would have been responsible enought to see that. Yes.

George and Cindy both do that ,in a way.
He way overexplains things.It's so obvious he's lying. Too bad he forgot to look over his sworn statements to LE and FBI.His memory of the decomposition was so fresh back then he threw up.

Snip:

I wonder about this whole dynamic-GA has left their house once, filed for divorce before CA did, and had no problem seeking out other women on the net (daily), so why is he holding on so tightly to his "family" now that he is willing to tow CA's line? He knows the truth of what he encountered that day he picked up the car and other things before, why the dramatic change? If CA threatened divorce if he did not start telling her version, well, they have been down that road before, and divorce was not an all together foreign prospect to GA.

I'm 98% certain I know the answer but I don't know the exact psychological terminology. It boils down to this: Although George may have longed to be free of Cindy's relentless domination over the years, he is also emotionally dependent upon it--and upon her--and therefore unable to stay away and build a new life on his own.

Now I know I'm only on page 97, but George is talking about how over the moon he and Cindy are about Casey's pregnancy (he specifically talks about himself being happy, then later, Cindy (p97)

But then, he says Cindy said "Let's just get her through this thing, then we'll eventually get into knowing who the father is"

Just my personal opinion, but "lets just get her through this thing" doesn't sound like ecstatic grandparents. More like worried, nervous, uncertain grandparents.

Also, George specifically says that their family has never had a lot of money, and implied that money was usually tight. I seriously doubt that they would be immediately thrilled to be grandparents, not knowing who the father was, and knowing that Casey wasn't financially stable. I'm sure they at least asked pressingly about who the father was, considering someone would need to help support this child.

Now don't get me wrong- I'm sure that as time went on they were tickled about the idea of being grandparents. But initially, and immediately, when your daughter hasn't been seeing anyone that you know of, money is tight, and she has not even a high school degree to fall back on? I find it hard to believe that they were immediately jumping for joy.

I also find it odd that George can even remember where Casey worked in high school, but couldn't recall many details about thousands of dollars being stolen from Cindy, or money being taken from Lee.

And as usual, still seeing a lot of "that child" "our grandbaby" and not a lot of "Caylee" :( But then, I'm only 97 pages in.

eta: also now enjoying the double standard of "if my children want something, they have to work for it" and "we planned to provide financial support, gave her two cars, no, we never put a timetable on when they had to leave home, they were always welcome to stay as long as they want." Doh!

oh also....CA is a ball buster and she runs that house and calls the shots. I also find it interesting that the SAs were interested in just HOW KC came up with the BP story...after GA, CA, and LA were putting together differrent "scenarios".

Also love the fact that we now know that they will receive boucoudles of money for the story of the murder of their granddaughter by their monster daughter.....$$$$$$$$$$$$

The irony of the shows and books is that they would make so much more money if they came out with the truth!
Can you imagine a book or documentary on what KC was really like? What she actually did with her time? What they know about the murder? Anything that described the alleged argument on the 15th would bring in big bucks,really big bucks.......if it was the truth.

Snip:

I'm 98% certain I know the answer but I don't know the exact psychological terminology. It boils down to this: Although George may have longed to be free of Cindy's relentless domination over the years, he is also emotionally dependent upon it--and upon her--and therefore unable to stay away and build a new life on his own.

Stockholm Syndrome? :angel:

Snip:

When I was a little kid, my mom knew an old cowboy and he said it this way:

"Some people keep hittin' their head against a brick wall fer so long that when they stop, they miss it"

Snip:

I'd also like to revisit how George fared financially during separations.

I believe he was also financially dependent? Alternately, perhaps wages George did bring have been under-valued verbally, but in reality that occassional second income encouraged Cindy to welcome him back into the fold?

Or, perhaps he was simply valued for his gardening/gas can/shovel abilities? We know he was quite the maintenance man and knows how to organize garages & sheds, too.

I'd also like to revisit how George fared financially during separations.

I believe he was also financially dependent? Alternately, perhaps wages George did bring have been under-valued verbally, but in reality that occassional second income encouraged Cindy to welcome him back into the fold?

Or, perhaps he was simply valued for his gardening/gas can/shovel abilities? We know he was quite the maintenance man and knows how to organize garages & sheds, too.

Well, he was in his 50's and he had to move back in with mom and dad.
Mom and dad or Cindy? Mom and dad or Cindy? :waitasec:
No wonder he had had no problem with KC mooching off of Cindy.

And I love all of this talk about "Casey's an adult, pursuing child support would be between her and Jesse" then George goes to the "adults" work to check up on whether she has a job and what hours she's working. Ha!

For someone who wasn't concerned about the financial side of knowing who the father was, and then planning to happily provide support for what Casey was lacking, he sure was concerned about how many hours she was getting. Hours=money.

Well, he was in his 50's and he had to move back in with mom and dad.
Mom and dad or Cindy? Mom and dad or Cindy? :waitasec:
No wonder he had had no problem with KC mooching off of Cindy.

Stop that! I won't sleep at all!

I cannot fathom a fate worse than... nevermind.

Just note I would chose Mom & Dad, and I think perhaps he should have, too. :wink:

Coached, but not coached good enough. I think the task would have been monumental for any defense team, but w/ the morass of lies and obfuscation, it was too much to contain and control.

One of many sticky wickets for George......pg. 330.....the *we don't believe the remains are Caylee's* page......segues into a discussion about the documentation that would be needed to convince George that the remains were indeed Caylee's. A reminder is given to him that his atty could certainly show him those relevant docs, as they are public record. However, JA and LDB both reiterate that the photos are not available. GA says "I don't want to see no photos. The day of the autopsy was hard enough for me to stand up in front and ask not that to be released." He's referring, of course, to the hearing where he and CA's motion re: the autopsy was denied. Huh. It begs the question of GA-- if you and CA don't believe the remains were Caylee's, why the motion, and why was that day so hard?

I really shouldn't be reading this before bed; it's going to give me nightmares. :crazy:

Lots of contradictory statements. Truly frightening.

Did she have popscicles when TonE picked her up at Amscot? Popscicles is ringing a bell. I remember thinking what a child she still was. [and yes,I still like poscicles,myself]

Brilliant memory! I did a quick search and I found this post right off - Holy smokes - makes a lot more sense. You might be right - perhaps the SA asked about the freezer and the 'popsicle fan' to illustrate that Casey got them for herself & Tony, not Caylee that day:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3423964&highlight=popsicle#post3423964

(Will ETA with more as I review search result posts.)

ETA: You are on to something. KC also bought posicles at Target with a stolen cheque from Amy on July 10, 2008 - see link:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2808831&postcount=180"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What did she buy at Target and How did she do it?[/ame]

I am impressed with your memory.

I am even more impressed that the SA is being so granular and specific in their questioning.

We know Casey states that Caylee was missing since mid-June, yet Casey steals popsicles from her parents' garage freezer the same day she dumps the Sunfire and again buys more popsicles with Amy's stolen cheques on July 10th - a few days before she is finally forced to admit that Caylee is 'missing'.

There is much 'method to the madness' in regards to questions about the freezer, but it has little/nothing to do with Caylee being 'stored' there, so let's hope that nightmare is laid to rest.

I also note that the SA moved along quickly to a new line of questioning once they got George's answer on record. Page 300 - lines 1 -11.

They're good. To quote BeanE from an earlier post on this thread: "I lubs them."

(p 127)

George says, "But Casey was a good provider. I mean, Casey was a good provider for that child. I know that. I saw it."

Yeah, except for the working, bringing in financial support, being home when she lied about working, watching her, diapers, food, toys, and/or love and intrinsic motivation to get those things for her daughter.

I mean...what's left to provide? Oh, right, the bagel someone else paid for. Because George saw that.

Handing your kid a bagel does not a provider make.

Good golly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back