2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

you know, it really seems like it. and if it werent for cindy's 911 call I would believe that. but I have heard the call myself a thousand times like you all have and that was real panic, that was real, and I am so grateful to cindy that she had that momentary lapse and made that call or caylee would be rotting by the side of the road forever (or even if found, no one would ever know who she was...)

I dont know what happened to cindy since that moment but I think that she could have never believed that day that caylee was really dead. she believed calling 911 would bring caylee home.

I like that cindy better.

I've wondered if the 911 calls are an "excited utterance". Can someone tell me? TIA.

Page 207 - when asked about the gas can George says that the photo of the can with duct tape on it was not taken at his house, maybe at the Sheriff's dept- implying that they applied the tape and not he. He says he would not have applied duct tape in a sloppy fashion, he always put it neatly over the gas vent to avoid fumes or spillage in his car . So George insists that the duct tape was not on the can when Police took it but was on there when it was returned.
So they challenge him that if he cut his grass between June 24th when he got the gas cans back from Casey, and August 1st when Police took them away, that he would have had duct tape over the vent as he just stated, in order to get gas for the lawnmower. He can't explain it. He "can't recall" if he cut his grass during that interval. please George. Does George's yard look like it hasn't been cut from June 24th to August 1st?

Page 209-210 ... seems George is trying to say that when OCSO first took the gas can from him, there was no tape, but when they returned it, there was tape - and it was applied in a rather sloppy manner, if he did say so himself! :snooty:

Had to edit to give Zsa Zsa and JWG credit. They picked this up way before I did :)

Is George accusing LE of putting the duct tape with the Henkel logo on his gas can? (before Caylee's body was found) Wow...just, wow :banghead:

p 210-211

Q Sure. And it's metal, so it doesn't fall apart. All right.
But it is -- so it's your testimony now that when they took it on August 1st, that it did not have duct tape over the vent.

A Didn't have any duct tape over the vent. And, when it came back to me, or the last time I saw it, now it had duct tape on it. And I did not put that on there.

Q So then explain to me, if you will, how it's possible that you used this can to get gas for your lawnmower sometime between June 24th and August 1st, would have put duct tape over the vent in order to utilize it in your car, but then it wouldn't have duct tape on it on August 1st.

A That's a mystery to me, too.

Q Did you take the duct tape, put it on and take it off again?

A No, sir. I did not do that.

Q But your testimony here today, under oath, is that you have a specific recollection that when the police officers took this from your home on August 1st, 2008, that this piece of duct tape was not on this can?

A Uh-huh.

Q Please answer out loud yes or no.

A It was not on the can. Yes. It was not on that can.

Q But when you retrieved it -- when they returned it to you, that duct --do you recall that tape being on the can?

A I don't remember that.

Q You don't remember whether it was or not?

A I don't remember it. No.

I'd really like to know what exactly it was that changed from his grand jury testimony so much that the state requested a transcript. After reading the whole depo I just can't tell, because there are so many things that seem like outright lies to me. I think the two most likely candidates are the gas cans and the smell of the pontiac. Maybe both! Anyone have other ideas?

4. To Lee, Cindy and George: Do any of you weirdos know how absolutely insane it looks that while KC was sitting in the jail the first time you were having imaginary play time and concocting scenarios of Zanny and Jesse and Samantha doing smackdowns and grabs at the Jay Blanchard Park? And did you recruit Lee, or did Cindy take care of telling KC that that is what was going to be the new story?

Noticed this too, Val.

The SA pretty much established that the Jay Blanchard Park "grab 'n go" :runaway: story was concocted by the Anthony's - not KC - while KC was in jail, and then was fed to KC when she was out on bond.

Start on p. 263.

Also pretty clear that they were trying to find a way to implicate Jesse - while KC was in jail the first time.

Page 270 has an interesting question.

George is asked whether or not Caylee could pull Velcro apart. George does not know - has not seen her do it, but possible. He was also asked about manual dexterity and whether or not she was able to button / un-button things as well as snap and unsnap things.

I think I know why Ashton asked that question. Pulling Velcro apart is about as difficult as pulling duct tape off a surface, like skin. We know from the latest dump (an FBI email) that the SA is looking to do a computer 3D graphic showing the tape over Caylee's mouth and nose. I'm thinking the SA believes KC did this to suffocate Caylee.

It's possible the lone piece of Henkel's tape (Q-100) that was found away from the skull is the one piece of tape Caylee was able to remove before she died. It is damaged on one end. Folks have hypothesized it was due to animals. I think the SA believes it was due to Caylee clawing at it. :cry:

P. 10265 (from the last dump) has a picture of the tape.

George is asked whether or not Caylee could pull Velcro apart. George does not know - has not seen her do it, but possible. He was also asked about manual dexterity and whether or not she was able to button / un-button things as well as snap and unsnap things.

I think I know why Ashton asked that question. Pulling Velcro apart is about as difficult as pulling duct tape off a surface, like skin. We know from the latest dump (an FBI email) that the SA is looking to do a computer 3D graphic showing the tape over Caylee's mouth and nose. I'm thinking the SA believes KC did this to suffocate Caylee.

It's possible the lone piece of Henkel's tape (Q-100) that was found away from the skull is the one piece of tape Caylee was able to remove before she died. It is damaged on one end. Folks have hypothesized it was due to animals. I think the SA believes it was due to Caylee clawing at it. :cry:

I wondered the same. The was probably the last thing she saw...

O God!! Just when you think you couldn't hurt anymore-you realize you can!! And will continue to hurt as more evidence comes out and then the trial!!
sad.gif

Good hypothisis JWG!!:twocents:

page 143

Q Okay first week of June-was that--that was--was that the week before Caylee disappeared?

A Right about a week maybe ten days prior to that. Because Cindy's birthday is June 5th.

Well I guess that settles the timeline nicely....

Ooof - George says he DESPISES the media for what they've done to his family.

That oughta help him when he's helping "look for missing children!"

And his grammar is just HORRIBLE. I'm having a hard time reading because of that.

GA stated that he graduated from college in 1975 - I wonder if this is true or false - just saying.

If true, I can't help but to wonder why the A's didn't want the same for their two children.

This may have already been discussed. But how did GA selling his car and Casey saying "oh dad, let me run to the bank and deposit that for you, heh heh" turn into money that Casey was supposed to be paying her mother back? IMO, GA is spinning away from the fact that Casey flat out stole 4400.00 from him. He flat out lied about this in this depo. They all keep downplaying her thefts and according to CA what's mine is yours etc. Good god.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310228/detail.html
page 85

And BTW, didn't KC claim that the reason the 4400.00 didn't get deposited was because she was robbed of it at Sports Authority? She told GA the BS about working with a detective and wasn't that why GA went to Sports Authority to begin with and busted her for not working there? Why does GA neglect to mention this in the new depo?

Not pertinent to the murder case, but interesting information I picked up reading GA depo concerning the house on Hopespring.

GA discusses the bankruptcy filed by himself and CA. Ashton then questions him about the home purchase in Orlando and GA states that CA purchased the house. Ashton asks if she was part of the bankruptcy and how she was able to purchase home. GA states that the mortgage was ASSUMABLE.

Back in the early 80s, VA Assumable Mortgages were all over the place. It was one of the easiest ways for young people (or those lacking credit or employment history) to purchase a home. (They ceased to exist sometime in the 1990s)

Hubby purchased his first home this way (pre-marriage). These mortgages were simply pay $*advertiser censored* and take over payments (no rigorous credit check, easy closing). Hubby assumed from young married couple who built house, but were unable to make payments after about two years. Paid $1000 and took over payments. We met and married and lived in house 5 years, then sold to couple (they assumed) when we bought bigger house about a mile away.

Couple we sold to immediately resold (within 6 mos) to another family. They were now the 4th owners of the home, on the original VA mortgage of first young couple. Current owners never made a payment and after 12 months, mortgage company in Texas began foreclosure proceedings.

House was foreclosed (took almost 18 mos of people living in it, making NO payments, trashing it before ordered to vacate.

Unfortunately, when the foreclosure went through, it was against the ORIGINAL VA mortgage holder (young couple), TEN YEARS after they sold to my husband and current residents walked away scot free.

SO....if this mortgage was VA assumable, and CA/GA lack of interest in employment has them unable to make payments on the original mortgage (I know they have a second as well), if and when it is foreclosed on, it will go against the ORIGINAL owner, not the Anthonys.

Yet another innocent victim of the Anthony family....

I have one word to say after reading these depos. LIARS.

How can they sit here and lie like this? Their lies are not going to help Casey, they are not going to help themselves, and most of all, they do nothing but spit in the dead face of their own grandchild.

I am NAUSEATED.

For those who can't make it through the whole deposition (and Lord knows I'd understand!) here are the Cliff Notes of George's deposition concerning the gas can and the duct tape. Please keep in mind that this deposition was August 5th - before we all learned of the special "Henkel 200F duct tape" and the fact that it may be what the rope is made of for Casey.

Q. Is this your gas can?

A. Yes, but I didn't put that there! "that = duct tape on gas can"

the rest of the deposition is 42 repeats of above

I didn't put that there! I wouldn't do that! It's sloppy! I would be neat and anal retentive and cut a little circle just the right size of the vent hole, and I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE!

And it wasn't there when Casey gave me the gas cans after she stole them and I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And I always put duct tape on the vent hole before I transport the cans with gas in them and I didn't mow my grass for 2 months and I bought new cans 2 days after they came up missing.

Q. You bought new cans 2 days after Casey stole the gas can? But didn't you just learn of the gas cans being missing on the 24th and didn't she give them back on the 24th???

I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And now you're confusing me! No, i mean 2 days after you guys took them (EDITOR'S NOTE: WHICH WAS AUGUST 1ST, 2008 4 MONTHS BEFORE ANYONE NEW THE IMPORTANCE OF ANY BRAND OF DUCT TAPE.)

And I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And it wasn't there when the dirty rotten coppers took my gas can, but it was damned sure there when they brought it back!!!!

Q. Well, who put it there?

I don't know but I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE!

<END>

Concerning the question of what I think of them living off Caylee's murder story:

Involuntary projectile vomiting about sums it up.

Second part is what the flaming heck kind of disability does Cindy have??? Other than the obvious...lmao. I didn't know you could collect disability for chronic diarrhea of the mouth.

Snip:

I'm 98% certain I know the answer but I don't know the exact psychological terminology. It boils down to this: Although George may have longed to be free of Cindy's relentless domination over the years, he is also emotionally dependent upon it--and upon her--and therefore unable to stay away and build a new life on his own.

Stockholm Syndrome?

http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/stockholm/

Noticed this too, Val.

The SA pretty much established that the Jay Blanchard Park "grab 'n go" :runaway: story was concocted by the Anthony's - not KC - while KC was in jail, and then was fed to KC when she was out on bond.

Start on p. 263.

Also pretty clear that they were trying to find a way to implicate Jesse - while KC was in jail the first time.

Well, JWG, if you want a real tickle in the gizzard, go back now and read Tracy Mc's account of when KC first got home. CINDY IMMEDIATELY TOOK HER BACK TO HER BEDROOM TO TAKE A SHOWER...and they were in there for some time. It was shortly after this that the sit-down happened in the living room and she presented, for the first time, her story about Jay Blanchard Park and LP said "Don't throw that cow-patty this way." and got ran out of the house by Princess Malwart herself.

Enmeshed and codependent with some addiction/substance abuse thrown in for good measure would be my "label" for George and Cindy's relationship.

Stockholm in my opinion does not fit because I do not see George as a victim but a rather a full fledged adult partner and parent. He just wears a more palatable mask than Cindy does. He tries to skirt responsibility with those peering in by blaming the big bad Cindy .... much like he tries to skirt responsibility within the family.

He is every bit in as much control of the situation as Cindy is. Backing down to her "demands" frees him of actually having to intervene with his out of control daughter. He swoops in, vents some anger and frustration... which makes him feel better, and then rather than actually do anything he gets to lay the blame for his inaction at Cindy's feet and wash his hands of the whole mess.

If Cindy wasn't so downright unlikable I would more likely to feel bad for her and list her endless attempts at keeping the family unit intact (though it breaking apart would have been best for all parties) despite the efforts or lack of efforts her deadbeat husband. But at the end of the day she picked him for that very trait, and he picked her in the same manner.

Two sides of the same coin.
Stockholmers adapt to survive.
George chooses his behaviors at the costs of those around him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back