2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

Yes, thank you very much, JWG. You have helped us all throughout this case.

JWG, and many of you, believe the body was not bagged right away. Do you think she was just placed in the trunk with the tape over her mouth with maybe the blanket covering her for a couple of days? This is going to give me nightmares. The actual facts of this crime are beyond horrible. Precious Caylee, our tears aren't enough to get you Justice.

Thank you for doing this because when I looked at the carseat pictures it looks as if SOMETHING happened while Caylee was in her carseat and that's why it was cleaned. It was either cleaned to cover up a smell or a mess but WHY did she clean the seat. I found those pictures very scary.

I'm not seeing the outlines of a body in the trunk like others say they see but something was in that trunk that was in a bag because of the imprints.

Someone else mentioned about the gas can incident and this all continues to make sense. The gas can was toward the tail of the trunk and Caylee was probably behind the can.

2.6 days in the trunk at the most which if Caylee was last seen on June 16th and died that day it would have been around the 20th that her body was removed from the trunk. The cans were taken on the 23rd. Caylee was not in the trunk with the gas cans. JMO

2.6 days in the trunk at the most which if Caylee was last seen on June 16th and died that day it would have been around the 20th that her body was removed from the trunk. The cans were taken on the 23rd. Caylee was not in the trunk with the gas cans. JMO
What if the gas cans were taken in a plot to torch the car???

The PMI of 2.6 days is accounting for the butyric acid (VFA) scraped from the carpet lining. This explains the stain on the carpet. Bagging could have then occurred and she could have been in there a little longer (bagged) which would coincide with the entomological findings of advanced decomp luring the fauna attracted to those type of remains.

(My :twocents: and interpretation of the LIBS and entomology report.)

Edited to add my documentation:

LIBS pg 3
VFAcarpetscrapingspg3LIBS.jpg

LIBS pg 12
PMI26daysLIBSpg12finalreport.jpg

Entomology report pg 1/10453
advanceddecomposition-4days-entomol.jpg

Entomology pg 8

Page8entomologyreport.jpg

You make a great point !
This makes me think Caylee was drugged when the tape was applied and therefore not crying ..because tears or a runny nose would keep the tape from sticking too.

Well remember there were several layers of tape over Caylee's mouth and that the pieces were long enough to get tangled in her hair. I am of the belief the tape was placed over Caylee's mouth while she was having a tantrum and perhaps she smothered her while doing this and was sitting on Caylee while placing these pieces of tape over her mouth. I believe after she killed Caylee she made those phone calls to her parents etc. and when no one answered she then put her in the trunk and went to meet Tony. I don't think KC let herself think of Caylee in the trunk until the smell began and then she dumped her, possibly stopping at the anthony home to gather the bags to put Caylee in, I think the shovel was an attempt to bury Caylee but failed after KC thought about how much work it would be - I think she met up with GA at the house while gathering items and had a close call and then became too nervous for a better dumping area than a mere block from her parent's home.

All my opinion but I have always thought this.

What if the gas cans were taken in a plot to torch the car???

That is always a possibility. Have to wonder because KC knew someone who worked at Amscot could she have known they would be towing the car after three days? Or did KC leave her car there because she knew it would be picked up in three days? JMO

I posted the following on Val's blog:

The recent discovery contained a handful of images taken of the stain in Casey Anthony’s trunk. If you recall, FBI Intelligence Analyst Karen Cowan made the following remarks in an internal email dated September 30, 2008:

On October 2, Richard W. Vorder Bruegge – a Supervisory Photographic Technologist with the FBI – responded with the following:

If the file names are an accurate indicator, thirteen unique images were color-adjusted in an attempt to highlight different aspects of the trunk stain. Twenty adjusted images were included in the discovery, some representing different adjustments of the same image.

I found three images particularly interesting because they seemed to highlight the stain in significant, but different ways. First is the image found on discovery page numbered 13059 with the file name IMG_2235_red_levels.tif:

View attachment 8292

The second was an image on page 13064 with the file name IMG_2233_red.tif:

View attachment 8293

And the last image was on page 13068 with the file name IMG_2227_cyan_levels.tif:

View attachment 8294

Ideally, we’d have the original color TIF files to look at, but instead we had lousy black-and-white scans. Despite the poor quality of the images, I decided to see if I could combine the three images above to see what kind of picture they might produce.

I imported all three images into Photoshop, and first combined IMG_2233_red.tif with IMG_2235_red_levels, then combined IMG_2227_cyan_levels.tif with the result of the previous step. All three images were taken from slightly different perspectives, so I had to make adjustments to one image in order to get it to align with the other.

In Photoshop I simply imported two images into a single document in separate layers. I adjusted the opacity of the top image so that I could partially see through to the bottom image. I adjusted the size and rotation of the top image to match the bottom image, using the scale within both images as a guide. There were slight differences in perspective that I had to adjust using the free transform tool in Photoshop. This allowed me to properly align certain shapes found in both images.

Also, in the IMG_2227_cyan_levels.tif image, I cropped out the washed-out areas at the bottom and on the left. Because that same image as found in the discovery was cropped at the right, there is an abrupt, artificial line in the resulting image.

After I aligned and cropped images as appropriate, I merged the layers using the “lighten” method so that bright areas in the top layer would be added to the bottom layer. The resulting image is as follows (the abrupt line at the top right is due to the cropping in the final image):

View attachment 8295
I found several useful images on the web of toddlers right around three years of age in the fetal position. I took one of those images and layered it over the image above. To protect the innocent, I then drew an outline of the child. Note that Caylee was about 36 inches tall, so she would measure in the neighborhood of roughly 20 inches from the top of her head to her hip, give or take. I think this lines up with the scale fairly well.

View attachment 8296

This is, of course, my own speculation as to how Caylee was tossed into her mother’s trunk based on the rather poor photographs I had to work with. Nevertheless, doing this little piece of work really drove home the indignity of what Casey Anthony did to her daughter.

A couple of follow-up comments as food for thought:

1. Caylee was wearing a pull-up. Thus, decomposition fluids coming from that area would largely remain in the pull-up and not in the trunk. That is why, in my opinion, the stain is lighter in that area than the area of the head, which was uncovered.
  2. I am of the opinion Caylee was not immediately placed in a bag when put in the trunk. I don’t think that was done until the day she borrowed Mr. Burner’s shovel. I have no proof. It is just an opinion.
  3. Consider how you carry a sleeping toddler in your arms. Aren’t they typically folded in the fetal position when you carry them? It would be natural for Casey to carry a dead Caylee to the trunk as she might carry a sleeping Caylee, and then put her down in that position.

We're talking about a little girl that's spiteful b1tch mother reduced to stains and trash. I, like many of you, am not going to let this go. Look at what's been uncovered in this thread, it's just so sad.

That is always a possibility. Have to wonder because KC knew someone who worked at Amscot could she have known they would be towing the car after three days? Or did KC leave her car there because she knew it would be picked up in three days? JMO
I figure she left it there, either hoping someone would steal it, or so the smell wouldn't be noticed. Amscot is a garbage dump, right???

I have always felt she left the car at amscot hoping it would be stolen and then the problem would no longer be hers. Or so she thought.

I have always felt she left the car at amscot hoping it would be stolen and then the problem would no longer be hers. Or so she thought.

I totally agree. KC is exactly the type of person to do this... everything always seems to be someone else's problem (and fault). In her mind, having the car stolen would be a great way to cover up the whole thing; she could have built a great story around that, with her (sick) imagination.

These pictures really horrified me this morning, enough to take me out of lurking and make a post. I hope G and CA take a really good look. Enjoy the last pic of your granddaughter, and you can thank your precious offspring. Caylee was a beautiful child, completely trusting and dependent on her family. G and CA may be able to ease their conscience and sleep at night, but I don't know how. They've let her down, just like KC, and I hope they're always reminded when they look at their tattoos. I bet in some deluded way, KC convinced them she did her own tattoo "for Caylee" and they wanted to do the same. Disgusting!! Try memorializing your granddaughter by bringing her killer to justice.

I figure she left it there, either hoping someone would steal it, or so the smell wouldn't be noticed. Amscot is a garbage dump, right???

I believe Amscot is a check cashing business.

Is this the outline of a child in a fetal position that the FBI noticed?

View attachment 7599

JWG - I appreciate your work very much.

The quote above is from earlier in this thread. I am curious. Have you done any work in matching up this outline from the underneath side of the trunk liner to the most recent releases?

Sorry if you have and I missed it. Thanks...

Hi LinasK

Amscot is a check cashing business.

Casey parked (abandoned) the car next to a garbage dumpster.

These photos of the trunk stain remind me of ultrasound photos of a baby in the womb. Kinda ironic that Caylee's first photos and last photos should look so much alike. :(

The PMI of 2.6 days is accounting for the butyric acid (VFA) scraped from the carpet lining. This explains the stain on the carpet. Bagging could have then occurred and she could have been in there a little longer (bagged) which would coincide with the entomological findings of advanced decomp luring the fauna attracted to those type of remains.

(My :twocents: and interpretation of the LIBS and entomology report.)

Edited to add my documentation:

LIBS pg 3
VFAcarpetscrapingspg3LIBS.jpg

LIBS pg 12
PMI26daysLIBSpg12finalreport.jpg

Entomology report pg 1/10453
advanceddecomposition-4days-entomol.jpg

Entomology pg 8

Page8entomologyreport.jpg

The bagging of Caylee's body would have stopped more fluid from leaking after the 2.6 days of decomp, and this would support more time in the trunk. WS'rs are the best at debunking and adding to the factual data.

Another thought to ponder, it appears to me that Caylee was placed on her left side. If she were in the carseat @ the time she was lifted out and placed in the trunk that would coincide w/the carseat being on the passenger rear, as KC would presumably be lifting her w/left side in kc's left arm and placing her in the trunk. I am not sure which side Caylee slept in her bed but it could also be in picking her up from her left side sleeping in the fetal position as well.

Hi LinasK

Amscot is a check cashing business.

Casey parked (abandoned) the car next to a garbage dumpster.
Okay, thanks! But the same premise still holds, she parked it next to a dumpster hoping it would mask the smell. I'll bet anybody who even entertained thoughts of stealing the car, was quickly turned off by the smell!

Don't forget Caylee was in trash bags that do not seal. Lying down in a trunk any fluids would spill through the openings of the bags. So I would guess she was in the trunk no more than the 2.6 days which is stated in the report. The body breaks down very fast in the Florida heat and in the trunk I would think speeds up the decomp even more. Our bodies are pretty much liquid and that liquid has to go somewhere. If KC could not wait to rid herself of her child why would she want to drive around with it in the trunk of her car when she could easily dispose of Caylee where she was found. JMO

The forensic details and images from this case fill me with visceral horror. How anyone could carry on blithely socializing while an actual child's body, not just some blurred pictures of a stain, was decomposing in their car is completely beyond me. This isn't just cold, cruel and heartless behavior, it is also utterly gross and disgusting.

Since KC and Amy bought gas cans to retrieve the car I think KC thought the smell would dissipate in a few days. I think she left the car at Amscot thinking that she could pick it up in a few days and the smell would be gone. I don't think KC had a clue about decomposition. The fluid and smell took her by surprise. Caylee was first put in the trunk and then bagged later when KC discovered the fluid and smell. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328
Back