Adventures with Purpose Group plans to pull 25 cars from Fort Worth lakes.

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article255095212.html

In the past 18 months, a group of volunteers has recovered 12 missing persons from the bottom of lakes across the country. On Tuesday, they start their most extensive operation yet in Fort Worth. Adventures with Purpose, in coordination with the Fort Worth police department and at least four other dive teams, plans to recover up to 25 cars from multiple lakes in the Fort Worth area from Tuesday to Friday. The team’s goal, founder Jared Leisek said, is primarily to clean up the environment — polluted lake depths are often “out of sight and out of mind.” But their efforts often have another, unintended significance. “We may or may not solve a cold case by accident,” Leisek.

This group is amazing!! Thank You to @CrimeAway for letting us know about their YouTube channel. I just went and subscribed. Wow! Wonderful to see! JMO MOO

It seems that there has been a falling out between the founder of AWP (registered as a business, and not a non-profit), and some of the former members of the group. Regardless, I still think that AWP has done great work, and I hope that they can smooth over these issues, and be more transparent about their financial/business situation moving forward.

One of the former members, Sam Adventure Man, also has a YouTube channel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsealtm1
Back