AK AK - Anchorage, UnkFem, Adult, UP103551, Found inside of culvert, May '23

phantomstrider

Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date Body Found May 8, 2023​

Location Found Anchorage, Alaska​

Sex Female​

Race/Ethnicity Uncertain​

Estimated Age Group Adult​

Height 5'0"(60 inches), Measured​

Weight 60 lbs, Measured​

Type Unidentified Deceased​

Location Anchorage, Alaska 99503​

County Anchorage Borough​

Found On Tribal Land No​

Circumstances of Recovery Found outdoors outside of a culvert at 23rd Ave and A St.​

Condition of Remains Not recognizable- Mummified​

Hair Color Unknown​

Eye Color Missing Eye​

Reactions: nao
What a strange case IMO. I wonder how long she had been there.

On May 8, 2023, the mummified remains of a woman were found outside of a culvert at 23rd Ave and A St. in Anchorage.

Her race is unknown and so is her eye color and her hair color. We do not know how old she is, nor when she died.

She stood 5’0” (152 cm) and weighed 60 pounds (27 kg) after mummification.

She was wearing a size small purple zip up jacket which read “Myrtle Beach South Carolina” and was manufactured by the brand Pacific & CO.

She was wearing Carhartt pants in a size 34x30.

She was wearing a white metal ring with a clear stone and colored plastic bracelet.

I will show pictures of her personal belongings. They are dirty and have evidence of decomposition so they will be spoilers.

200C156E-E32C-44EE-9024-27132501E449.jpeg

CA348E99-BD8A-4BB6-BF63-AC7DE1A5ABF2.jpeg

I suppose the age of the hoodie/manufacture year could help?
Theres a Mary Anne Alexie who went missing when visiting Anchorage from Fairbanks in October 2012 - apparently was visiting and called a friend at 3:00 a.m. on October 10, , saying she was lost in the Spenard area of Anchorage. Apparently she didn’t sound coherent and was thought to be drunk, a search focused on checking outbuildings/places an intoxicated person might have sought shelter in. Height is within range 4,11

23rd avenue address appears to be near or within the Spenard area

I suppose the age of the hoodie/manufacture year could help?
Theres a Mary Anne Alexie who went missing when visiting Anchorage from Fairbanks in October 2012 - apparently was visiting and called a friend at 3:00 a.m. on October 10, , saying she was lost in the Spenard area of Anchorage. Apparently she didn’t sound coherent and was thought to be drunk, a search focused on checking outbuildings/places an intoxicated person might have sought shelter in. Height is within range 4,11

Good find!

Do you think its worth sending in? Been trying to find out if that style of hoodie was available in 2012 and it looks like she wears a similar style top (not the same) in one of the photos

Do you think its worth sending in? Been trying to find out if that style of hoodie was available in 2012 and it looks like she wears a similar style top (not the same) in one of the photos
Anecdotally, I've seen that style of Myrtle Beach hoodie since the early 2000s, at least. They're a popular souvenir. I don't know when they were first selling that exact color though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back