AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gulf of Mexico is on the eastern side of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean. The country is a (large) peninsula and some of the most beautiful areas of Mexico are not on the California/Baja side. There are many cruises in the Gulf of Mexico, so that is not at all odd. IMOO.
mmexico.gif

I agree. All I was saying is that if they took an Alaskan Airlines promotional cruise, they departed from California. I'm sure anxious for some new news on just what Keyes was up to Feb and March. At first I wasn't sure he even went back to Alaska after the cruise, but then remembered that's where Person A's debit card was first used by a person in disguise. So far the only real connection is that he was arrested with the card in his possession, so I guess it had to be Keyes. I guess he kept the debit card back home and started using it when he returned. Did he know LE was on his trail and it was time to leave again?

If/when this comes to trial, I'll be curious to know what his SO thought of his demeanor during their cruise. Did she have any idea? Which also leads me to think he's not some addled drug addict or how could he pass a pre-flight search without authorities finding his stash?

And that bank robbery! I've searched New Mexico and Arizona news for any armed robberies (especially coffee shacks and kiosks) but haven't found anything.

Not sure if this has any bearing on whether Keyes is actually talking or not, but it might be an interesting talking point.

The Showboat Club was offered as a reward for any information on Sam by the owner Terry Stahlman back in the beginning of March

http://community.adn.com/node/160043

The other night, the Showboat was closed down due to liquor violations and now charges of drug distribution, in the article below, Terry Stahlman claims he no longer owns the Showboat

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...After-Undercover-Investigation-146757925.html

Could someone have taken Stalhman up on his offer and provided information?

Could someone have taken Stalhman up on his offer and provided information?

It's possible. However, if that is the case it would mean that someone else knew something, right? It could mean that it wasn't just a random abduction, right? Because I highly doubt Mr. Stalhman would give up the Showboat unless the information checked out.
Anyways, the Showboat was shut down after a FOUR MONTH long undercover investigation. I have also read that they seized narcotics from the premises. Now this gets me thinking about some of the things Mr. Stalhman said during one of the interviews he did after offering the club as a reward.

Again, maybe I'm just drawing lines where they needn't be.

What a crazy situation that is! It's absolutely ridiculous on the face of it. He appears to still own it. The guy is a sleazy cracker wannabe Mafia Don. He's into all kinds of stuff - Texas Showgirls Alaska (Wasilla/Palmer), Clubwise Finance (no idea what that is!).

Here's what the man has to stay: [ame="http://vimeo.com/37829649"]Terry Stahlman exits the strip club business on Vimeo[/ame]
He references his other business interests.

A fascinating informative article from last September.
http://m.anchoragepress.com/mobile/article_4bd13d26-d9aa-11e0-b1b3-001cc4c03286.html

From KTVA:
Terry Stahlman, the infamous owner, said he no longer owns the club, but his name appeared on the search warrant.

Attachments

• Terry M_Page_1.jpg
    Terry M_Page_1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 33
  • Terry M_Page_2.jpg
    Terry M_Page_2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Terry M_Page_3.jpg
    Terry M_Page_3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 29
Info on Samantha's Celebration of Life:
https://www.facebook.com/events/130087210455597/

Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:00pm
West Anchorge High School Auditorium

"EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND SHARE SAMANTHA,S LIFE WITH HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS. PLEASE SHOW YOUR LOVE, AND HONOR SAMANTHA BY WEARING HER FAVORITE GREEN COLOR IF YOU HAVE IT. WE KNOW SAMANTHA TOUCHED THE HEARTS OF SO MANY NOW LETS COME TOGETHER AND SHOW HER HOW MUCH.."

(Hope it was ok to copy & paste that)
:)

Just to put those that have just joined the story's mind at ease, it was me that said that the cruise may have left our of New Orleans. I live in Texas and most of the time it is cheaper for me to rent a car and drive to New Orleans for a cruise than it is for me to leave from Galveston, plus I was thinking that he puts himself places (like a holiday the day after she goes missing) and flying into Vegas (still not believing he would be that honest that early about flying in, especially when there were 5 plus days between the Alaskan withdrawals and the Arizona withdrawals, that is time to drive down) - adding Louisiana to the mix would just be another place he was - I am still sure he has committed other crimes during these visits to other places. But that is coming from my name here - nothing else.
I think I was the one that mentioned the bank robbery initially in Azle on here too, which is why I believe there was a desperation in his life for money and he ended up committing crimes to get money and they grew - all MOO
I know LE are slow up there and obviously dotting their Is and crossing their Ts to get a good case against him but police have also said , a few times that he remains only a pers<on of interest.

<snipped>
&#8220;He may only be a witness in that, or he may not be involved in any way except using these credit cards, or he may be a suspect,&#8221; said Lieutenant Dave Parker. &#8220;The fact that he was in possession of these items and he has acted in certain ways makes him a person of interest in the disappearance.&#8221;

I don't remember anything different being said after that - that he is a suspect. I was sure I read somewhere also (can't find it) that police said they could not tell IF it was Keyes in the video footage of Samantha being abducted. Naturally, I can't find it now but I am sure someone will put me straight.

I said the NOLA stuff and then my darn real life got in the way ;)

I've been unable to be on much & have just read the news. RIP Sam.

Friday afternoon is always a good day for a press release - here's hoping!

I tried to embed it but obviously I don't know how.

FYI...If you type your post, then select (use your mouse to highlight) the word(s) you want people to have to click on to get to the site, you can add hyperlink. Just open the other site (YouTube) in another window or tab, and copy the URL from its address bar. Then come back to your post and click the icon that looks like a globe. A dialogue box will pop up. Paste the URL and hit "ok" or the enter key. If it is a video, it should appear in your post. Otherwise, the words that link will be underlined.

Like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeW9VLA3Tko&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]this[/ame]...

I typed "like this" and selected "this" for the link.

Hope no one minds the off-topic video I used for the example.

A unique obit ... boyfriend and best friends coming before her mother. Everything about this case is odd.

I don't think I've ever read an obit that lists the best friends. I thought that the emphasis on her relationship with her dad was kind of unusual, but I have to admit I haven't read many obits so I could be wrong.

I'm surprised that no charges have been made. Hopefully that's not a bad sign.

I don't think I've ever seen an Obituary like it before, but I also feel like this is such a unique and awful situation. Obviously, this man loved his daughter more than anything. And clearly, that's what he wants to communicate. Also, we don't know the details of her mom, but we do know she didn't seem to be the best influence. (With mention of her doing drugs WITH SK a couple years ago.) Perhaps it was just not a good situation and they really didn't have much of a relationship? I'm lead to think the mom wasn't that concerned by how things were being discusses because she never came out and said anything. Her actions could have showed otherwise, right but in the end it seems as though she wasn't too involved.

To me it seems as though SK's bf and best friends were more like family than friends. (Although I will say I find it really strange not a single picture was ever posted of DT and SK..)

All this to say- Yeah it was a different obituary but I also think this family dynamic and the whole awful ordeal has been way out of the norm as well.

On a similar note- on the find samantha page, in the photos of the family at the sunrise memorial...Isn't that DT third from the right....?

I don't think I've ever read an obit that lists the best friends. I thought that the emphasis on her relationship with her dad was kind of unusual, but I have to admit I haven't read many obits so I could be wrong.

Me, either. Or pets, for that matter. Usually just lists family members and when it gets past parents, siblings, and grandparents, they usually don't list other relatives by name.
Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member