Resolved AL - Russellville, Dog digs up foot, Sept 2008 - Not Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think though that it would be pretty easy to determine human or not with a foot, especially since it isn't badly decomposed - since there are no other animals that have feet like a human.

Yes i agree.
No news on this morning?

Perhaps child protective services and foster care agencies should be checking up on young children in their open case files to verify their whereabouts.

I hope that people in the area will be aware enough to notice if their neighbor or co-worker's child is suddenly never around, or "with the nanny" 24/7!

Susan

I decided to do a search of kids that have gone missing/run away this month on the NCMEC. Suprisingly, many are from the southeastern part of the U.S. or the midwest (Kansas, Missouri). The only young children were family abductions.

Has anyone heard the results of this yet? I read where some testing was inconclusive but still...it may be a long shot and yet the states are right next to each other. I'm a curious george here.

Has anyone heard the results of this yet? I read where some testing was inconclusive but still...it may be a long shot and yet the states are right next to each other. I'm a curious george here.

The case is being discussed over at the "Unidentified" thread. Go over there for updates. :blowkiss:

After lurking on the CA forum for a couple of months now, I finally decided to post this recent story from here in Alabama. :)

RUSSELLVILLE -- Police say a second round of forensics testing has failed to confirm whether an object believed to be a child's foot really came from a human.

Authorities have spent two days searching in Russellville after a dog brought home a piece of tissue that a doctor identified as the foot of a young child.

But Police Chief Chris Hargett said today forensics investigators have been unable to determine whether the object is actually from a human. He said it will be sent to the University of Alabama at Birmingham for additional tests.

Teams have used dogs to search for human remains near the subdivision where the object was found over the weekend.

Link

on the myfoxorlando site it says this foot was 'taken' from an auto crash by a fireman on the scene. They are investigating the fireman.

Well, how do you like that! Case closed. Thanks Fifth!

Susan

I thought this was the "Unidentified" thread?:rolleyes:

I think I posted that over at the other thread - I guess when they merged the two, it was brought over here?? Of course, I could always be confused - I usually always am!! lol!:crazy:

DETERMINED the 'foot' was a Bear Paw:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MYSTERY_FOOT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Police: Severed foot was bear's paw, not child's

"structure of the bear's foot was close enough to a human's to fool an orthopedic surgeon who examined it. But forensic tests later found its origin."

Well, I am going to go and pour myself a shot of vodka to celebrate the fact that we are not talking about a child's severed foot anymore! I still feel bad for the bear, however. :mad:

I am so glad it was found not to be a childs foot! This is one story with a happy ending. There are not many happy endings these days.

:)

I am so glad it turned out not to be a child's foot. I feel bad for the bear though if it was caught in a bear trap or something. I totally don't agree with hunting and hurting an animal like that for sport or fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637