Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super confused about this too. I think there are a few things going on here:

1. When Marion applied for her new FNMR passport, she ticked a box saying that she was also intending to get an international drivers licence.

Does anyone know if the Aus passport office issues you with a licence if you simply tick the box? Today you can't, you need to apply elsewhere and can do it through RACQ! In any case, it's never been revealed if Marion actually got one.

2. Smith suggested it was RB who asked Marion to get an international licence on the FNRM name, because it would be beneficial to him. Which of course he denied.

3. RB might've stolen FR's actual licence in order to create his alias and get a QLD licence.
Yes, BS did ask RB if he influenced MB’s decision to obtain an INT DL which he denied but BS also said Marion had ticked the INT DL as a form of ID for her passport. Whether he meant she used RB’s fake FNR INT DL or her own is unclear. So is the process for getting a passport include an application for an INT DL?
I’m confused

Yes, BS did ask RB if he influenced MB’s decision to obtain an INT DL which he denied but BS also said Marion had ticked the INT DL as a form of ID for her passport. Whether he meant she used RB’s fake FNR INT DL or her own is unclear. So is the process for getting a passport include an application for an INT DL?
I’m confused
The way I interpreted it was that you need to supply some ID documents in that name to get a passport and that one of the documents that she supplied was an INT DL and so that box was ticked. As the documents would have to have been in the Ramakel name then it would have to match. I don't really follow what you mean by "So is the process for getting a passport include an application for an INT DL?"
INT Driving Permits are obtained through the state motoring association in this case RAQC.

Last edited:
He expected her to transfer all the proceeds of her house to Europe to buy the school?

He then had to make her do a handbrake turn back to Australia to withdraw it?

I am leaning towards this. If Marion left thinking she had enough money at hand to live on for quite a while, she had discussed buying a unit upon her return from OS with Sally, she might have left some money here for that reason.

Maybe RB didn't know about the name change until they met in the UK and realised he couldn't get his hands on all her money unless they returned to Australia?? I know in the podcast Marion was described as someone who loved romance and would fall in love/infatuation easily (nothing wrong with that). Perhaps she was easily convinced to return or he used coercive control or gaslighted her. I think if she did return however she would have wanted to see Sally. This was just days after the Thredbo disaster and Marion was worried about Sally as she had been at Thredbo the snow right around that time. Ugh.

This MC really has me questioning her involvement in all of this and subsequent letter that she gave up.

What is her reasoning for outing him when he said himself she was his best friend. That is twice now he was really taken aback that she ratted him out. They seemed to have had a very long romance.

IMO They had an affair while she was married to FR - another teacher ( *sidenote - LOTS of teachers in this saga going right back to his arrival in 1971 as Fredy David) - Dianne says they were in Itzig, Lux for around 3 years in the early 80s and M is born in 1981 Lux. And Blum was having an affair with her while Dianne was pregnant looking at the dates of the letter and babys birth...

MC states she and FR divorced 1987 / 88 give or take a yr or two ( going on her age was 38 at the time and she is now 70 odd)

And the relationship between her and Blum is still playing out in 1992 with correspondence he sends her.

WHAT IF the name Marion changed her name to was more about MC and RB - documents in the name of FNMR were needed for an offshore account that FR had and that MC and Blum wanted access to?

He certainly had planned this for a very long time.

And could it be that MC was the one who came back to Aust in 1997? to access Marions accounts???

MC has now certainly distanced herself from anything to do with Blum. That is a weird thing to do after years of being lovers for no reason. Blum must have really done a number on her for her to humiliate him with giving up that letter.
Did he not live up to his side of the deal with her so now she is shifting all focus back to him?

There is something about this union that doesn't sit right with me.

I've also been wondering why, if she dropped like a stone as she claimed, did she still here his love letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu