Australia Australia - Sabrina Glassop, 46, Celena Bridge, 28, & Jessica Gaudie, 16, 1998-1999

Something about this case isn't sitting right with me.......from everything I've now read from the MSM articles posted on thread, there was not one shred of evidence linking Derek Sam to the murder he was convicted of......JMO

Something about this case isn't sitting right with me.......from everything I've now read from the MSM articles posted on thread, there was not one shred of evidence linking Derek Sam to the murder he was convicted of......JMO

Likewise Isisrising. imo

Has anyone ever heard of an indigenous serial killer?

I myself haven't, and when I Googled it only comes up with indigenous victims of white serial killers.......just wondered if there are any documented cases that any WSer's know of?

If Sam is what they say he is, he's a very rare case.......:twocents:

Looked at objectively, the following 'facts' don't add up to implicating someone as a murderer. Where are the facts? Sounds like hearsay and innuendo IMO. According to this MSM article, Poole didn't even say that Sam boasted of having a date with Ms Glassop specifically:

Sam's Piabun colleague, John Poole, later told an inquest that Sam had made lewd comments about Ms Glassop and boasted of doing some work at a teacher's house and having a date with one.

Mr Poole told the inquest that a few days after Ms Glassop's disappearance, Sam had acted strangely during a horse ride, taking different routes through the bush, and avoiding an area known as Spike's Hut.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/scd-behind-one-of-the-coasts-biggest-mysteries/314396/

I don't know.....it worries me if statements like these are what convicted this guy in the first place. Who knows what Poole's relationship with Sam was like? Is he a reliable and objective witness? And did he say anything more specific that really does suggest some guilt? This just reads like speculation and gossip to me......

Derek Sam was convicted based on a strong circumstantial case, including his own behaviour after the alleged crime. There were telephone conversations which were taped by the police between his ex and himself, after the crime, which were not admissible in court. If they had been allowed, they would have been even more damning.

Queensland schoolgirl killer set to be charged with two cold case murders

Convicted killer Derek Sam could soon be charged by Queensland police with the deaths of two other women, Sabrina Glassop and Celena Bridge, nearly two decades after they disappeared.
Sam is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of 16-year-old Nambour schoolgirl Jessica Gaudie in 1999.
Police believe Sam sexually assaulted and strangled all three women, and are now preparing a brief of evidence for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ith-two-cold-case-murders#PfK7KZ1sGiV0iIcD.99

This case needs more coverage. It simply iant good enough that Jessica still isnt found. I know that people know what Derek did with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back