MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47, rancher George Alan Kelly charged, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 #2

I was waiting for someone to post coverage all day, and I came to the unofficial conclusion(s) that a) The court was cancelled for today. b) The court went on a 'field trip' to the Kelly Ranch
( which was sort of discussed earlier this week, with no date scheduled) or c) no pool cameras covering court today.
There is Zippo on ANY media coverage as far as I can tell

ETA: I found this on 'X' earlier today from a news reporter:

bbm

Field trip to the ranch? Good.

Hope they find a way to show just how close the international border is to the home. Maybe someone with a bike flag could walk/ATV over? Unfamiliar with the terrain.

Hope they explain the average LE response time in that area.

imho, hope some/most/all of the jurors realize that the deceased was trespassing on the Kelly's property.

I don't want camo-wearing people with guns, smuggler's radios, and illusionist backpacks anywhere NEAR Grandma & Grandpa -- how about you?

Especially if those people have been deported previously...jmho of course.

jmho ymmv lrr

Mercy !!
There was court today!!! Started at 8:30 am AZ time. No field trip, at least for the am session. I am watching a replay from the court site, as it appears NO MSM IS COVERING this trial.

Click on the "Click here" tab, next to 4/4/23 date for viewing.
You get a different perspective than what has been shown on other media outlets.

Wanda Kelly has finally completed her testimony, and now is allowed to sit behind and in support of her husband in the gallery. Much to the ADA's dismay, I might add. Judge denied states request to ban her from sitting in the gallery. ( Because she might re-call her... :rolleyes:

Is there a court delay today? I can't seem to find live coverage (maybe it's just me).
Just as a reminder this case will not be held on Monday's for whatever the court's reason. Nice for the juror's though, although I wonder if they have to work that day while on jury duty. Never hear of that sitch before. MOO
Mercy !!
There was court today!!! Started at 8:30 am AZ time. No field trip, at least for the am session. I am watching a replay from the court site, as it appears NO MSM IS COVERING this trial.

You get a different perspective than what has been shown on other media outlets.

Wanda Kelly has finally completed her testimony, and now is allowed to sit behind and in support of her husband in the gallery. Much to the ADA's dismay, I might add. Judge denied states request to ban her from sitting in the gallery. ( Because she might re-call her... :rolleyes:
MSM doesn't want to cover anymore. IMO
Thanks for the new link. I swear I want to get caught up.

Mercy !!

Every single bit of this is ridiculous. MSM must not be making any money from a 75 yr old man being railroaded but AZ sure spent (and continues to spend) money doing so. jmo

Thank you, again.

I just completed the morning session for today. Both sides were discussing the proposed 'field trip' to the Kelly Ranch with the judge, before the lunch break. It is a work in progress, no scheduled date...yet. State did claim today, that they may rest by next Wednesday.

Waiting patiently for the afternoon session to be posted on the court site.

All caught up with the trial watching. No trial scheduled for Monday, however the attorneys will be in court to discuss the final logistics for 'the viewing' of the crime scene, as well as allowing the media and their reps to discuss the same.

Again, according to the state, they feel they will rest by Wed next week. Possible CS viewing on Thursday?

I was recalling some of the testimony given by the LE on the stand. A few things stand out to me. The fact that one LE, who was the ultimate decider in cuffing and bringing GAK in for questioning and arrest, was convinced he had something to do with the death because GAK 'knew' what Rigor was. Let that sink in. In AZ, knowledge of Biology could be detrimental, and convinces others that you are a possible suspect. ????

!!!!!

The other was the broken branch, found in between the porch/patio area, and the field where GCB was found. There is a picture of an actual broken branch mind you....for proof of evidence! No bullet holes, no soot or scarring, just a flippin broken branch ! No proof of being shot and broken by a mysterious missing bullet.

I am thankful that I don't live in AZ, and a body was not found hundreds of yards away from my home, because I have alot of trees with broken branches in my yard surrounding my home.

And I also know what rigor is. ( I hang out here )

It is just so clear to me, that the state has been reaching and framing. Who or what entity instructed them to take things this far, I wonder?

MOO

I was recalling some of the testimony given by the LE on the stand. A few things stand out to me. The fact that one LE, who was the ultimate decider in cuffing and bringing GAK in for questioning and arrest, was convinced he had something to do with the death because GAK 'knew' what Rigor was. Let that sink in. In AZ, knowledge of Biology could be detrimental, and convinces others that you are a possible suspect. ????

!!!!!

The other was the broken branch, found in between the porch/patio area, and the field where GCB was found. There is a picture of an actual broken branch mind you....for proof of evidence! No bullet holes, no soot or scarring, just a flippin broken branch ! No proof of being shot and broken by a mysterious missing bullet.

I am thankful that I don't live in AZ, and a body was not found hundreds of yards away from my home, because I have alot of trees with broken branches in my yard surrounding my home.

And I also know what rigor is. ( I hang out here )

It is just so clear to me, that the state has been reaching and framing. Who or what entity instructed them to take things this far, I wonder?

MOO
When this death was first reported it was described in headlines with words like "hunted", "ambush", "political powder keg".

Mr. Kelly was arrested the day following the death discovery. (That apparently was missed during the first search.)
The very next day, with no ballistic evidence. There was no determination or evidence that it was Mr. Kelly's gun was the one that killed GCB.

Then the prosecutor made several statements, which ensued more headlines, that GCB was shot in the back. She made these statements prior to an autopsy.

I agree, the state has been reaching and framing perhaps someone wanted a career boost.

I want to know just HOW the state is going to try to attempt the explanation of how GAK was able to aim 'straight across the fields' ( Mr Kelly claims he was aiming upward) while the victim was shot with an unknown projectile which had an upwards and angled trajectory, testified to by the ME. The broken branch theory? It just makes no logical sense to me.

And, if they even TRY to state that GAK was this master mean-texting/ sharp shooting SOB, who lay in hiding prone on the ground, the defense will remind the jury that the LE testified that (poor old) Mr Kelly was actually UNABLE to maneuver himself into the backseat of a squad car. They had to transfer him to the station in the front seat.

The field trip to the crime scene, whenever that happens, ought to be very illuminating for the jury. IMO

I want to know just HOW the state is going to try to attempt the explanation of how GAK was able to aim 'straight across the fields' ( Mr Kelly claims he was aiming upward) while the victim was shot with an unknown projectile which had an upwards and angled trajectory, testified to by the ME. The broken branch theory? It just makes no logical sense to me.

And, if they even TRY to state that GAK was this master mean-texting/ sharp shooting SOB, who lay in hiding prone on the ground, the defense will remind the jury that the LE testified that (poor old) Mr Kelly was actually UNABLE to maneuver himself into the backseat of a squad car. They had to transfer him to the station in the front seat.

The field trip to the crime scene, whenever that happens, ought to be very illuminating for the jury. IMO
It would be wise to have lots of broken branches visible on the property. Perhaps a few on the drive in. Joking

Kelly defense pokes at crime scene actions in border rancher trial​

Attorney questions unconsidered possibilities of a robbery and how Gabriel Cuen Buitimea’s body was handled.​

Hearing related to media requests for the ranch visit.

ETA:

I'm curious why a reporter is asking for jury selection transcript at this point?

Last edited:
Ranch visit by jury may happen this Thursday afternoon, per Judge.
No media is allowed to accompany or view them on private property.

Per Judge, " Sunny" the horse may, or may not be present at the time of the visit. :cool:

MOO and Peace

Prosecution lawyer didn't appear to know how to lay foundation today... and judge nearly schooled him in open court.

jmo

Prosecution lawyer didn't appear to know how to lay foundation today... and judge nearly schooled him in open court.

jmo

Watching now, playing catch up. I so wish we could have a live stream following this case. What a shame we cannot.
Thankful at least that we have this court released replay to follow.

Defense (Larkin ) was brilliant in her cross of a detective on the stand. She 'hypothetically' demolished the upcoming lead detectives story and decisions made, with the sloppy and confusing and false testimony accepted from witness/victim?) DDR (V).

Watching now, playing catch up. I so wish we could have a live stream following this case. What a shame we cannot.
Thankful at least that we have this court released replay to follow.

Defense (Larkin ) was brilliant in her cross of a detective on the stand. She 'hypothetically' demolished the upcoming lead detectives story and decisions made, with the sloppy and confusing and false testimony accepted from witness/victim?) DDR (V).
No back pack was ever found, which would have been the first point of contact with the bullet and would have captured potential gun shot residue. Of course prosecution says the bullet hit the branch first. Was it tested forensically?

I also really like Larkin. She is a force inside and outside of the courtroom. IMO

No back pack was ever found, which would have been the first point of contact with the bullet and would have captured potential gun shot residue. Of course prosecution says the bullet hit the branch first. Was it tested forensically?

I also really like Larkin. She is a force inside and outside of the courtroom. IMO
I thought the cop testified that he cut a backpack off the dead guy?

I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would like to. Did the cops look beyond the body? Did they look for a blood trail, follow footprints, or check the footpaths that previous trespassers had used for brass or any evidence? Or did they just look at a broken tree branch, see empty brass behind the ranchers house and call it a day?

I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would like to. Did the cops look beyond the body? Did they look for a blood trail, follow footprints, or check the footpaths that previous trespassers had used for brass or any evidence? Or did they just look at a broken tree branch, see empty brass behind the ranchers house and call it a day?

The tree branch was not found until August of 23. 6 months after the crime. Per testimony yesterday.

The crime scene investigation itself ( Prints? Dragging? Illegals with 2 way radios? ) was seriously lacking, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back