AZ AZ - Samantha Ann Atnip, 24, Quartzsite, Went missing while camping, 25 Jan 2022

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score

A new case in NamUs. Rooting for her to be located safe soon.

Thumbnail.pngThumbnail (1).png
MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP93463 Samantha Ann Atnip
Female, White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact: January 25, 2022
Missing From:
Quartzsite, Arizona

Missing Age: 24 Years
Current Age: 24 Years
Height: 5' 1" (61 Inches)
Weight: 110 lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Samantha and her family left Colorado to go camping in Quartzsite, Arizona. On 01/25/2022, Samantha refused to return to her family's campsite and said she was going to be camping in the desert instead. Since this time, Samantha's cell phone has not been turned on and she has not been seen or heard from since.

Hair Color: Brown
Long hair all the way down her back
Eye Color: Hazel

Clothing- green pants, black crop top T-shirt
- dark green hat

Eyewear- wears glasses

Footwear- black high top shoes

Flat expansive scrubby dessert. She has been missing since January. Looks she took nothing with her to go camping. This is a recovery not a search and rescue. She likely didn't make it more than a few miles from here last reported sighting.

Flat expansive scrubby dessert. She has been missing since January. Looks she took nothing with her to go camping. This is a recovery not a search and rescue. She likely didn't make it more than a few miles from here last reported sighting.

If she really went camping on her own in the desert, I agree. Then I hope there is successful recovery soon.
But is it possible she left the area with someone?
I'll try to make time to look online for any articles later.
I wonder if/how the desert was searched in January or February?

Does she camp on her own often? What exactly do they mean be saying she refused? Was she a 25 year old having a tantrum?

It sounds to me like either an argument or mental "break." There have been cases here where that happened to someone in the desert, unfortunately...
JMO.

Her profile is still on NamUs as a missing person... Maybe her family just prefers their privacy (regarding her going missing).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back