AZ senior woman arrested, claims mistaken identity put her in Federal prison

SunSun

Reaction score
A 66-year-old Arizona woman, says she was wrongfully arrested in a case of mistaken identity.. She said six officers identifying themselves as U.S. Marshals, arrested her at gunpoint outside her Phoenix home last month.

The woman provided extensive documentation to ABC15 that her name is Penny McCarthy, but said federal agents insist she’s 70-year-old Carole Anne Rozak.

A judge set an identity hearing for April 9 in Arizona federal court.

Phoenix senior woman arrested, claims mistaken ID

i'd be interested in seeing photos of McCarthy as a younger woman.

A 66-year-old Arizona woman, says she was wrongfully arrested in a case of mistaken identity.. She said six officers identifying themselves as U.S. Marshals, arrested her at gunpoint outside her Phoenix home last month.

The woman provided extensive documentation to ABC15 that her name is Penny McCarthy, but said federal agents insist she’s 70-year-old Carole Anne Rozak.

A judge set an identity hearing for April 9 in Arizona federal court.

Phoenix senior woman arrested, claims mistaken ID

i'd be interested in seeing photos of McCarthy as a younger woman.
I don't see a resemblance, but that's just my inexpert opinion.

An Arizona federal judge dismissed the case against a Valley woman falsely arrested by federal agents and taken to prison.

The motion said, in part:
“The United States does not intend to proceed forward at that hearing, and therefore dismissal of this matter and vacatur of the hearing is in the interest of justice,”

Case Dismissed

According to the Deputy U.S. Marshal in Oklahoma, Rozak’s digital fingerprints appeared to initially match, but they are still trying to figure out what happened.

Sounds like they didn't do all their homework before arresting that poor woman.

According to the Deputy U.S. Marshal in Oklahoma, Rozak’s digital fingerprints appeared to initially match, but they are still trying to figure out what happened.
Not a great look for the Feds. I'm glad Ms. Penny had plenty of documentation to prove her actual identity. I'm assuming her family helped pull everything together while she was in custody, otherwise she would have been helpless to prove her identity. This is so very scary.
*note to self: "update will and get after organizing all personal files, which has been on the to-do list for about 8 years"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back