Identified! "Baby Skylar", infant found deceased in bathroom of Phoenix airport in 2005, mother Annie Anderson, 51, arrested, 20 February 2024

Did anyone ever say what the circumstances were surrounding the discovery? What prompted someone to search the trash for the baby—was it due to an unusual odor, or perhaps other factors? Additionally, do we know how long the bag had been sitting in the bathroom trash can?

This is puzzling because I can't figure out why anyone would be going through the trash in the airport bathroom.

i'm glad the baby was found, don't get me wrong, I'm just curious as to how it came about.

Did anyone ever say what the circumstances were surrounding the discovery? What prompted someone to search the trash for the baby—was it due to an unusual odor, or perhaps other factors? Additionally, do we know how long the bag had been sitting in the bathroom trash can?

This is puzzling because I can't figure out why anyone would be going through the trash in the airport bathroom.

i'm glad the baby was found, don't get me wrong, I'm just curious as to how it came about.
A customer misplaced their laptop so I guess the airport turned the place upside down to try and find it.

Video of her arrest from December 2023

ANDERSON IN AZ: As we reported last night at 10, Annie Anderson (the suspect in the Baby Skylar case) is now in AZ. Her new mugshot is on the left. Although mugshots are typically not public record in WA (where she was being held) here is her mugshot from December that was uploaded in her court documents. I’ll share the body camera we also got earlier this week below in the thread

1712941885684.png1712941894984.png

INITIAL APPEARANCE: Here is Anderson’s first appearance in AZ court. She is being held without bond right now, MCAO prosecutors not commenting much during the IA.

According to documents, 51-year-old Annie Anderson told Phoenix police that she gave birth in a hotel room, claiming that the baby was stillborn and delivered into a bathtub filled with water. However, the report says her claims were inconsistent with the medical examiner, who determined the child died from suffocation.

Documents say she then told police that she put the dead baby in a backpack and threw the pack into a trashcan in a women’s bathroom at Sky Harbor because she “knew she could not go through security with a dead baby.”

[...]

The medical examiner determined Skylar was alive for about 24 hours and died from suffocation.

I wonder if that was the first time she heard what she was being arrested for. Sighing and tilting your head to the side wasn't the reaction I was expecting. Even if she'd been expecting it to come back on her someday, or if she was expecting to be arrested for other criminal behaviours etc, you'd have thought there would still be an element of shock or confusion or being taken aback at hearing she was being arrested for murder. But instead it's a sigh and an eye roll. It's bizarre
MOO

She could have left the baby in the hotel, anywhere. Called a charity. Gone to the fire dept. An adoptive family would have been over the moon with that call.

Baby Skylar would be going to her senior prom this month, graduating high school next month, etc.

I assumed she gave birth, wrapped the baby and put her in a bin at the airport. The baby manages to stay alive until she suffocates and is then discovered later by the airport staff
One of the articles said the dead baby was put in her backpack and deposited in the bathroom because she couldn’t go thru security with a dead baby. Seriously:-(

One of the articles said the dead baby was put in her backpack and deposited in the bathroom because she couldn’t go thru security with a dead baby. Seriously:-(
That's what she told Police but the medical examiner stated the baby had been born alive, lived for around 24 hours and died of suffocation. I think she's trying to claim she dumped the baby because she was stillborn, when she wasn't

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back