Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Can someone explain to me what would happen if the motion to compel her to answer still goes unanswered? I mean, if she still refuses to answer, does she get arrested for that? What is the consequence of disobeying the motion? Or do they just file a motion to dismiss the motion and so on for 5 years ?

You know it is easy to imagine that Casey wears the red faced and gone white around the mouth expression often as she is forced to remain pinned like a bug on a mount. She who can't move on with her life and has threatened to disappear if the civil matters continued to dog her. Well bow wow wow and throw in a howl. Actions have consequences. something Casey seemed to have little experience with.

BBM

I hope Cindy still reads here. She perjured herself for Casey, probably because she didn't want to lose her granddaughter and her daughter. How's that working out Cindy? How often do you get to see your precious daughter? How often does she call you to thank you for all that you did to keep her out of jail? Do you think your life would be better now if you had just told the truth and let her go to jail? It seems to me that you screwed up her life, your life, George's life all because you couldn't think things through.

Maybe you should have listened to George when he told you she was lying about working. Maybe you should have provided consequences like George wanted to, IIRC. How's your masterful handling of the whole thing feel now? Just curious.

Just throw her in jail already.

Just throw her. :giggle:

I think it is just time to realize that again ca will get away with things...That's how this justice system is nowadays. Never heard of so many murderers FREE...

That's how this justice system is nowadays. Never heard of so many murderers FREE...

The justice system needs fixed, then! The CA story continues to drag on like a drawn out soap opera story, we'd all rather be reading stories about how awesome Caylee was but unfortunately all of those closer to her are just a waste of (predominately hot) air!

Can someone explain to me what would happen if the motion to compel her to answer still goes unanswered? I mean, if she still refuses to answer, does she get arrested for that? What is the consequence of disobeying the motion? Or do they just file a motion to dismiss the motion and so on for 5 years ?

She won't be arrested but the Jury can infer guilt from her refusal to answer,- unlike a criminal trial.... Talk/don't talk , either way she's screwed.

Why is it I can imagine so clearly her sitting in that deposition, feeling entitled and smug and arrogant? She and her middle finger Atty know she has no right to plead the 5th. They're just kicking the ball down the road, mocking the process, and enjoying making Gonzales wait for her day in court.

I agree
I am curious by Mason's actions, his special involvement here...not personally curious mind you..I am legally curious why a criminal defense attorney is involved in a Civil case when the criminal case ended long ago in an acquittal...

And IMO, with Mason's special request to be by her side at this deposition, they are stonewalling
They are IMO purposefully creating a delay in the case by refusing to answer, not giving any proper legal explanation for the refusal, Mason terminating the deposition and having the Plaintiff file another Motion with the court...

OCA's Civil lawyers have, in the past, filed a motion for protective order. So why not this time?

:twocents:

Perhaps OCA and her team will file a motion opposing the plaintiff's motion to compel and further prolonging the case.
If such a motion is filed, iirc, she must state the reason why she refused or feels justified not to answer the questions.

If the motion to compel is granted..OCA or her counsel may be sanctioned and have to pay Zenaida's attorney's fees for filing the motion.

If the motion is granted and OCA still refuses to answer it can be considered contempt of court.
There are more sanctions..

http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/frcp/frcp1380.htm
Florida Rules of Civil Procedure
RULE 1.380 FAILURE TO MAKE DISCOVERY; SANCTIONS

Could the BK Judge get tired of FCA and her attorneys' continuous antics and legally grant a judgement for ZG based on the inference that her refusal to answer implies guilt?

It is telling that they were able to do the depo with no media outside. This is further evidence that nobody is stalking her. She is not in any more danger than you or I. Nobody cares about her. She is old news. That must irritate her.

I there a transcript of the deposition available to the public? I know she didn't answer their questions, but I'd like to know what was asked.....

I there a transcript of the deposition available to the public? I know she didn't answer their questions, but I'd like to know what was asked.....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIcG1hRHNDQTU2eDQ/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

In Zenaida's Motion to Compel, page 3, there is a Footnote that talks about the transcript.
It has not been filed .... yet.
Casey wants it SEALED.
Zenaida says no reason for such secrecy.
Casey needs to file a Motion to SEAL the transcript.
Judge has to decide if it should be sealed, or not.

If it is not sealed, it will show up on the docket, and I will get it and copy it.

Thanks TT - :seeya:
I wasn't sure if Fla's Sunshine laws only applied to criminal cases, or to all legal proceedings....? I'd love to read what Morgan had to say!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIcG1hRHNDQTU2eDQ/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

In Zenaida's Motion to Compel, page 3, there is a Footnote that talks about the transcript.
It has not been filed .... yet.
Casey wants it SEALED.
Zenaida says no reason for such secrecy.
Casey needs to file a Motion to SEAL the transcript.
Judge has to decide if it should be sealed, or not.

If it is not sealed, it will show up on the docket, and I will get it and copy it.

Think Tank - you are our case update Valentine! :loveyou:

images

I have been lurking here. Don't ask me why, I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
I am posting to thank ThinkTank and all who have been researching and have been keeping us posted on all the proceedings, so a big thank you to you.

I really have no idea what to expect, or have even a guess as to how all this is going to play out. I hate to get my hopes up, ever with this case. If fca is compelled to answer what does that mean exactly, as far as how much fca can get away with, legally speaking? Can she just say "don't know don't remember, etc" without any repercussions? And if she claims amnesia can she then miraculously remember when/if she sits down for a big money interview without risk of a perjury charge? I also have no idea how the whole CM involvement factors in if she's compelled to answer, and whether or not she'd just throw in the towel to avoid answering and just give it to zfg by default... I don't trust anything from their camp and I just don't think fca will ever be held accountable, as much as I want to believe this is really going to happen. I guess I've just been let down so many times that all I'm left with is figuring out how she's going to wiggle her way out of this too... Anyone optimistic here? What are the odds that she's actually going to have to face the music and answer to this?

I really have no idea what to expect, or have even a guess as to how all this is going to play out. I hate to get my hopes up, ever with this case. If fca is compelled to answer what does that mean exactly, as far as how much fca can get away with, legally speaking? Can she just say "don't know don't remember, etc" without any repercussions? And if she claims amnesia can she then miraculously remember when/if she sits down for a big money interview without risk of a perjury charge? I also have no idea how the whole CM involvement factors in if she's compelled to answer, and whether or not she'd just throw in the towel to avoid answering and just give it to zfg by default... I don't trust anything from their camp and I just don't think fca will ever be held accountable, as much as I want to believe this is really going to happen. I guess I've just been let down so many times that all I'm left with is figuring out how she's going to wiggle her way out of this too... Anyone optimistic here? What are the odds that she's actually going to have to face the music and answer to this?

I do not hold out hope that she will pay for what she did to Caylee. That ship has sailed. She got away with murder. I'd like to see her be held accountable to RK but have my doubts that these suits will end the way we want them to. I do think that she will get caught doing something else as soon as those who are paying for her to hide away stop, because she will then have to take care of herself, and we all know that ain't ever gonna happen. She will then resort back to her true nature of lying, stealing, and grifting. Then, we will see her again. Smiling for the mug shot like she was on the red carpet and wondering how many people were watching her.

I have been lurking here. Don't ask me why, I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
I am posting to thank ThinkTank and all who have been researching and have been keeping us posted on all the proceedings, so a big thank you to you.

Seconding this thank you!! It says a lot about especially you , ThinkTank, that long after most people have completely moved on you still care enough to stay informed and to share what you've researched. Thank you many times over.

I do not hold out hope that she will pay for what she did to Caylee. That ship has sailed. She got away with murder. I'd like to see her be held accountable to RK but have my doubts that these suits will end the way we want them to. I do think that she will get caught doing something else as soon as those who are paying for her to hide away stop, because she will then have to take care of herself, and we all know that ain't ever gonna happen. She will then resort back to her true nature of lying, stealing, and grifting. Then, we will see her again. Smiling for the mug shot like she was on the red carpet and wondering how many people were watching her.
BBM

Sadly, I have to agree with you, but I just haven't fully accepted it yet. I still hold out hope that she will falter and implode, preferably, with the whole world watching... Until then I will just have to settle with whatever bit of justice I can for this horrible, horrible, horrible person...
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfEZ6CxYFU[/ame]

BBM

Sadly, I have to agree with you, but I just haven't fully accepted it yet. I still hold out hope that she will falter and implode, preferably, with the whole world watching... Until then I will just have to settle with whatever bit of justice I can for this horrible, horrible, horrible person...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfEZ6CxYFU

I think the ghost of Caylee tripped her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back