Becky Sue Turner and related

Does anyone have or remember where that photo is? I know I have seen people mention the resemblance between FLEK and the Turner father, but I don't think I have actually seen the image.

HI Falsee, i think it is in the thread "General Discussions and Theories" post #955, dated 02-08-2014. (I think)

HI Falsee, i think it is in the thread "General Discussions and Theories" post #955, dated 02-08-2014. (I think)
Thanks. That was it, yes the resemblance is strong. Could definitely see them being father daughter.

Different subject, on the thread discussing the Texas addresses there was a mention about a Becky S Turner at an address in Princeton Texas on unclaimed property. The reporting agency was state of Idaho. When looking at the tax records for the property in Princeton I found a previous owner named Sue Wallace. When researching Sue Wallace in Texas I found a Becky Turner with an AKA Becky Sue Wallace. Anyone else been down that path before?

Thanks. That was it, yes the resemblance is strong. Could definitely see them being father daughter.

Different subject, on the thread discussing the Texas addresses there was a mention about a Becky S Turner at an address in Princeton Texas on unclaimed property. The reporting agency was state of Idaho. When looking at the tax records for the property in Princeton I found a previous owner named Sue Wallace. When researching Sue Wallace in Texas I found a Becky Turner with an AKA Becky Sue Wallace. Anyone else been down that path before?

I don't recall anyone going down that path. It's worth pursuing. Good catch.

This may have already been discussed but it has been bugging me. There were 3 sisters that died in the fire (assuming that much is true anyway.) What made her pick Becky? If the woman who became Lori was really that much older than the age she claimed to be, she could have used the identity of one of the other sisters. Ann Marie was 6 years older than Becky Sue and would have fit Lori's age better if she was really older (which she does look older than her claimed age imo.)

Becky Sue Turner
1969-1971

Kay Francise Turner
1968-1971

Ann Marie Turner
1963-1971

The 3 deceased siblings had an older sister who survived who was mentioned in the obit. I think I know the birthdate of this sibling. Ancestry.com indicates someone with the name of Lori **** lived in the same town (Puyallup) as someone with the name of the older sibling and both have that birthdate. Someone named "Lori K ****" lived in Tacoma which is where the death cert came from for Becky IIRC. I starred out the last names because may be a totally unrelated person. But it matches in both locales.

Becky was a perfect identity to steal. Born in one state, died in another, name misspelled on the death certificate. All the sisters were born and died in Washington. Three of the theories discussed as to why she picked Becky - she used an identity broker that knew this was a good identity to steal, she picked it on her own, or what I think, she is somehow directly related to the Turner family. The info on the fire has always seemed fishy to me, but obviously, just my own opinion.

Right, but if she was really so much older than her purported age, why not use the oldest sister's identity? Maybe being born out of state but seems like the age difference would override that reason?

Yea, I think it's a good point but if our Jane Doe had tried to get the birth certificate of the oldest sibling, there was a greater chance of being "found out" down the line (when she got the Idaho ID, the SS# or the name change) since her birth and death certificate were in the same state. Becky was just the perfect identity to steal and use.b

I mentioned this possible match once before but thought I would raise it again just because I think it is worth it: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hohenshilt_deborah.html
For one thing Deborah was also tall and a 5'10 woman is relatively rare. She also went missing just before LEK turned up and started creating her new identity as Becky Sue. A couple other things, I think the features are very similar considering that she would have aged between the photos. One other super small thing, I haven't known many people except for those who have lived in or visited Florida who've announced a love for Cuban food. What does everyone think!?

The scene at Deborah's apartment was very violent, including finding two teeth that had been knocked out. While visually Deborah resembles LEK, do we know if LEK was missing any teeth or did she have any fake ones?

The scene at Deborah's apartment was very violent, including finding two teeth that had been knocked out. While visually Deborah resembles LEK, do we know if LEK was missing any teeth or did she have any fake ones?
Good question. Since, we know how much work LEK put into creating a legal new identity, it's not far fetched to assume she put some effort into erasing the old one. I.e., it isn't a huge stretch to think she could have faked her death, but the questions I'd have is: were these baby teeth or not and also how much blood was found at the scene? BTW, I feel bad about suggesting Deborah did such a thing but I guess I'd rather believe that, than that she met a violent end at the hands of an attacker/kidnapper in 1988.

Right, but if she was really so much older than her purported age, why not use the oldest sister's identity? Maybe being born out of state but seems like the age difference would override that reason?

I think she used the younger one for two reasons. One, then it would make sense to people why she was just now getting a social security card (turning 18) and two: it would also make sense why she was getting a GED and she was starting over and would be younger going into the job market. Also, a new age may make her harder to find once she switched her name.

Ok I am only up to page 7 so forgive me if I am rehashing some theory already posted.

Where I am up to in the thread people are questioning how FLEK got BST's actual DOB so I started thinking how would I go about that if I were an identity broker back before the internet. Easy...

Drive around churches looking for funerals. Wear nice clothing suitable for funerals enter at the last minute so as not to attract too much attention and get a copy of the programme of service. Every funeral I have been to has had one. It always includes birth and death dates and the entire name. Bingo. Got it. Easy as that for someone. You're never going to know everyone at a funeral. Heck people leave those things behind sometimes too. Wait until after the funeral and go in pretending to pray and find one. Sure, it's a pretty low thing to do, but so is stealing a dead child's identity.

Also you could work for a funeral home, for the offices that deal with births/deaths etc (ok in this instance that wouldn't have helped possibly) or even a crooked cop? Then of course there is the lawyer!

To me, the first one makes the most sense. It probably wouldn't be the only way I would try and find these things but it's a possibility.

Yes BST died a long time before FLEK emerged on the scene but if this guy/woman was a pro broker he could have had thousands of identities all backed up and the day FLEK arrived perhaps the BST identity was on top of the pile?

I know if I were a broker I would only use an ID once. Less chance of the people getting caught and less chance of me getting caught.

I also thought the coroner could have been in on shady businesd

Yes those sorts of jobs can be perfect for someone who has criminal tendencies.

My issue with the FLEK as a relative of BST theory is that it seems to require FLEK to have either been unimaginably, miraculously lucky, or involved in a 20 year long conspiracy even prior to becoming LEK.

It's a fact that BST was a perfect candidate for identity theft, right? I feel like we just can't ignore that. Her being born in a different state than she died in + the botched death certificate made her ideal for this purpose. Wouldn't it be a huge coincidence for this to have worked out in FLEK's favor if she had a personal reason for choosing BST? If it was something sentimental rather than strategic, it seems like she normally shouldn't have had any reason to expect it to work out how she wanted. Aside from the off chance that this was just a bad idea that happened to work out splendidly, the only other explanation I can think of is that it was planned, i.e. all of the issues with BST's death certificate were pre-meditated to prepare for FLEK's eventual usage. That seems even less likely to me, though I'm sure stranger things have occurred.

image.jpgThis may have previously been discussed, but, I just noticed on top of the live birth cert, it states "Birth Book 352".
Question 1. Where did we get the death and the birth certs from? Lori's secret box? No..
The first thing which came to mind was this birth cert info appears to have come from a book, a hospital record of birth book, which I then thought a medical practitioner would have access to.
It is not just a certificate mailed from the State, ... Birth book 352 would not be on the top of the certificate.

Apologies if this was mentioned before, it just hit me. Any thoughts?

SK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back