Found Deceased CA - Eldri Jauch, 74, Lompoc, 4 June 2019 *arrest*

doodles1211

Reaction score
Eldri-Jauth.jpg

Lompoc police are asking for the public’s help to locate a missing woman.

Eldri Jauth, 74, has reportedly not been seen since around 11 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4. Police say she was reported missing by her sister.

Jauth is described as 5’7″ tall and 145 pounds with blue eyes and gray hair.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Lompoc Police Department at (805) 736-2341.

Lompoc police looking for missing woman

A quick googling shows she has frequented pools, hot springs, taught at Santa Barbara Community College, plays violin, is involved in the community, has friends and family.

SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Photo Gallery Around the District
1 Billion Rising Revolution
On February 10, 2018 I I was joined by Mary Moreno-Zermeno Richardson,and Eldri Jauch (reflective vest)at Lompoc City Hall in solidarity against exploitation of women at the 1 Billion Rising Revolution.
27654965_878782625635293_424170763847808905_n.jpg

Neighbor arrested....

Eldri Jauch was last seen the morning of June 4 and was reported missing by her sister, according to Lompoc Police.

On Sunday, Lompoc officers located Jauch’s body at the home of her neighbor, 35-year-old Melissa Martin, thanks to a tip.

“Unfortunately, she was found deceased,” read a portion of the Lompoc Police Department’s Sunday statement. “Jauch’s death is now classified as a homicide."

On Monday, Lompoc police officers tracked Martin to a home in the Santa Ynez/Buellton area and arrested her on suspicion of murder. ...

County Lines: Neighbor arrested on suspicion of murder in missing Lompoc woman's death; Cause of Santa Maria structure fire under investigation

This case is local to me and the details are so sad. There have been various local vigils in the recent days.

Lompoc Police Detective Sergeant Agustin Arias says in the early-morning hours of June 5, loud music was coming from Martin’s apartment. Jauch reportedly went over there but never made it home.

For reasons still under investigation, police believe Martin, who had lived in the apartment for approximately 14 months, used a baseball bat to attack Jauch around 4 or 5 a.m. Arias says the victim had no defensive wounds. “She didn’t know what was going to happen to her,” he said.

Later that morning, police say the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office arrested Martin in Buellton for driving under the influence of drugs and driving a stolen vehicle.

But moments before, police say Martin went live on her Facebook page while driving from Lompoc to Buellton where she was “saying some pretty crazy stuff,” according to Arias, who did not want to go into detail about the video but said it was “very disturbing” and gave a glimpse into what she had going on at the time. Facebook has since taken the video down, Arias said.
Arias has been with the Lompoc Police Department for 20 years. “I have some seen some pretty bad cases and murders that are pretty tough. I’d have to say this one is probably the worst I’ve seen. It was very violent,” he told KSBY News.
Jauch, a community activist who the mayor says fought for worthy causes in the Lompoc community, was training to be a victim advocate for the center but never completed that training.

“She didn’t deserve to get treated this way, get beaten this way,” Arias said. “It’s terrible. It’s a terrible event.”

More at link: ‘She didn’t deserve to get treated this way.’ Police release more details in Lompoc murder case

Authorities charged Martin with murder and alleged the victim was attacked with a baseball bat. Authorities have not disclosed a suspected motive.

During the arraignment hearing, Lompoc Judge Raimundo Montes de Oca ordered the defendant and attorneys to return Oct. 22 when they might set a date for the preliminary hearing.

Deputy District Attorney Anne Nudson is leading the prosecution team while Martin is represented by Lori Pedego and Sydney Bennett.

Martin remains in custody of the Santa Barbara County Jail with bail set at more than $2 million.
Lompoc Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Murder Charge Linked to Neighbor’s Death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school
Back