CA CA - Elena Roy, 83, walked away from home, Fallbrook, 3 Nov 2021 *Reward*

I just googled Elena. Nothing new. :(

Regarding our friend who accepted a ride from a stranger (post #35), when my husband talked to her about our concerns recently, she said the thought of being abducted never crossed her mind. She didn’t think anyone would be interested in an “ugly old lady.” My husband assured her she is anything but, and explained that people intent on doing harm will do so regardless. She said she’s mentioned the ride to lots of people and no one said anything like he did (I guess they don’t have mates who read Websleuths or were never taught as kids not to take rides from strangers!). One even said it was God’s way of giving her a ride! Ummmmm…No. Unfortunately, my husband did not think he got through to her, but at least he tried.

All this to support the possibility of Elena accepting a ride from a stranger or someone she thought she knew, and being long gone from the area.
JMO

SDSO-Missing-Elena-Roy.jpg

Fallbrook SDSO

About two dozen volunteers braved Santa Margarita Preserve’s wilderness in a renewed effort to find an 84-year-old Fallbrook grandmother who has been missing for nearly five months.

“It's been awful, it's been hell, heartbreaking,” said Dorene Swart, Elena Roy’s granddaughter. “We don’t know where she is, we haven’t heard anything, we need to find out what happened to her.”

Elena Roy was last seen by her husband Chris Cataldo leaving her home on the afternoon of Nov. 3.

Cataldo told NBC 7, the two argued about the placement of a picture frame before she stormed out of the house and didn’t come back

“We want to keep looking for her, we’re not going to give up,” said Swart.

The family has held several searches throughout Fallbrook since Roy's disappearance and now the Fowler-O'Sullivan Foundation is looking to help intensify those efforts.

“It means so much that people are taking time out of their lives, out of their day to come and support our family,” said Swart. “About a year and a half ago, I think, she was found wandering around in this area,” said Swart. “So we thought she may have ended up back here.”

Unfortunately, the search was fruitless. Still, the family isn't giving up hope that one day they'll find her.

"We have no closure, this mourning is ongoing,” said Swart. “There’s no closure because we don’t know what happened. We don’t know where she is if she’s alive if she’s diseased. It just makes you sick.”

The San Diego Sheriff’s Department is offering a $10,000 reward to anyone with information that could lead to Elena Roy’s whereabouts.
Fallbrook Grandmother Missing for Nearly Five Months, Family Continues Search

roy_elena2.jpg
roy_elena3.jpg
roy_elena4.jpg
roy_elena_clothes.jpg
roy_elena_clothes2.jpg

• Missing Since 11/03/2021
  • Missing From Fallbrook, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/16/1937 (85)
  • Age 83 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 - 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white, gray, light blue and dark blue short-sleeved V-neck shirt, black Levi's jeans, blue and brown slip-on shoes with cream-colored soles, a Timex watch with a round white face and a brown strap, a silver cuff bracelet with a turquoise stone, and an ivory beanie cap. Carrying a blue wallet and a brown purse with a shoulder strap. Photos of Roy in those clothes with the purse, and photos of shoes and accessories resembling hers, are posted with this case summary.
  • Medical Conditions Roy suffers from dementia, Reye's Syndrome, and bone spurs in her neck and hips.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Roy may use her maiden name, Lorea, and may give her middle name as "Charlotta" or "Charlotte". She has a large surgical scar at the midline on her abdomen, her ears are pierced and she has curvature of the spine. She wears eyeglasses with tan frames.

Details of Disappearance​

Roy was last seen in Fallbrook, California at 1:30 p.m. on November 3, 2021. After a minor argument with her husband at their home in the 900 block of Woodcreek Road, she left on foot angrily, never returned and has never been heard from again.

A man who knows her saw her walking north on Main Avenue near Elder Street later that afternoon. Tracking dogs traced her scent to that location, then lost the trail. Other people reported seeing her in the local area in the days after her disappearance. An extensive search turned up no indication of Roy's whereabouts, however.

She had wandered away once before and been reported missing, but was found safe that same day. Her case remains unsolved.

OCT 31, 2023
VIDEO: Elena Roy’s family is still desperate for answers. NBC 7’s Amber Frias spoke with her daughter and granddaughter.

NOV 1, 2023
[...]

Her daughter, TY told KNSD: "If she did leave the house on foot, I think she's here locally. I think she's close."

This was not the first time Elena had gone missing.

"She did take off on me one time when we were at Grocery Outlet and she got mad that I was trying to adjust her mask. Before I knew it, I turned around and she was gone," her husband CC told the Village News in 2021.

He went on to say, "I would die for her right now today to have her back and that is no joke."

According to CC, Elena suffers from "incremental dementia," which causes her to have trouble remembering where she lives and her phone number.

"It's hard not being with her; we've never been estranged," her daughter told FOX 7.

[...]

DEC 7, 2023
[...]

Roy's family says that the last time Roy was seen by anyone other than Cataldo, was actually the day before, when she was captured on video in Grocery Outlet on Main Avenue.

[...]

In an interview with the Village and Valley News, Roy's daughters, Jessica and Tami, and granddaughter-in-law Doreen, said they were disturbed that Cataldo didn't call them sooner, on the day their mom went missing. Tami said, "Chris informed us that she was missing at 8:45 p.m. on Nov. 3 and told us not to panic."

[...]

In February 2022, three months after Roy's disappearance, Cataldo asked Roy's daughter Tami to "collect her [Elena's] artifacts." When Tami showed up at his house he was having a garage sale which included many of Roy's belongings, which was distressing to her and the family. She said, "It was upsetting to me, especially after remembering that when I spoke to him on the morning of Nov. 4, the day after she disappeared, he spoke about my mom in the past tense. And I took issue with that right away." A loud argument ensued in Cataldo's driveway and the sheriff was called.

[...]

*Lengthy article ^^^

'DEC 8, 2023
Elena Roy was reported to have been last seen by her husband/partner Chris Cataldo on Nov. 3, 2021 in the home they shared in Fallbrook. The two had been together for 14 years, following a ceremony at the church in Wildomar, although the marriage was not a legally recognized wedding by the state of California.According to Cataldo, Roy left their home on Nov. 3 at approximately 1:30 p.m. to go on a walk, after an argument, and never returned.

Here's a podcast from earlier this year about Elena ,it features an interview her daughter.

I haven't listened yet ,will do so later.

Who's the man in this video?
It’s Elena’s husband.
Quote of the granddaughter-in-law:
“We do have a photo of her going into the grocery store, shopping around with her husband, and then leaving the grocery store with her husband, and that was on the second,” she explained. “And she was wearing the same clothes that she disappeared in as well.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back