CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from the article above:

"Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, was last seen Aug. 10 in the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue and his disappearance prompted a multi-agency investigation. On Aug. 20, police served multiple search warrants in connection with the case, including one at Ross' home."

Did someone besides Ross say that Hasanni was at Shuz in Rockridge on Aug 10? (I haven't caught up in reading yet.)

I really don't think either JC or Ross has enough money to cover the cost of a lawyer (I could be wrong), let alone a high roller like Burris?

I think that JC better roll on Ross now, if she has the goods on him, there was a little girl who's mother was sentenced to 20 years in prison for the murder of her daughter and there was no body found. (Kynande Bennett is the little girl, the mother was sentenced, and I don't know if she's been released since, couldn't find articles to verify where the mother is today.)

I dunno Mum, but apparently all that 'talking' LR was supposedly doing when they arrested him must have simply been more of the same .

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20606391/detail.html

Foster Parents Of Missing Boy Maintain Innocence From Jail
Posted: 3:25 pm PDT August 28, 2009
Updated: 7:05 pm PDT August 30, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The foster parents of missing five-year-old Hasanni Campbell are maintaining their innocence after their arrest on Friday on charges of murder, according to an attorney who visited the two in jail on Sunday.

*snipped*

good grief

Hi shutterfly - remember a DEFENSE attorney visited the two of them. No defense attorney will tell Ross or Jennifer to plead guilty or to even hint at guilt...no way! And of course, for the media's sake - he will say they maintain innocence. I don't read much into that announcement. The defense attorney is only doing what he does best - protecting two people he gives advice to. mho

I believe Burris is going to take this case, pro bono. How many lawyers, especially well established, high profile lawyers, give out advice to those who aren't potential clients and who haven't paid for their time? I don't believe LR or JC have enough money to support the type 'dream team' Burris would have to assemble to fight these charges. Yet he goes and visits them in jail less than 24 hours after they're arrested? He's already their lawyer. Correction, he is already LR's lawyer....watch what I tell you. LR would be the "victim" of having his civil rights violated, if you look at it in that twisted 'let's sue somebody so we can get rich' way. Just based on what we know there are serious problems with this case that can be exploited. Number one, Burris will call the 'lack of support' racially motivated, even if it's unfounded. If Burris can fight this, it will ultimately lead him back to his area of expertise, civil rights violations. Nice, neat package, huh?
If LR had paid him, he'd retained him. He hasn't, there's your pro bono. Burris talked to LR openly because LR is 'famous.' Since Burris denies being retained, he's visiting LR and JC out of the goodness of his heart? NOT. Burris has dollar signs in his eyes IMO. He's waiting to see if LR is going to cave in and give up the child.
Reasonable doubt? LE better have some pretty compelling evidence to support that Hasanni was NOT in the parking lot behind Shuz that day. Without it and minus this child's remains, this thing could fall in on LE like a house of cards if Burris gets in it. It's my understanding that, like him or not, he's good.
If Burris doesn't show up for LR's arraignment I will be shocked. But see the thing is this; if LR gives up the child, Burris' potential defense and possible civil rights case is in the toilet. POOF...Burris gone.
LR isn't going to give up Hasanni IMO. That's his ace in the hole. And beyond that of divine intervention, I don't think we're going to get Hasanni back.

Not sure to whom I need to make this request - but if my comment is read and understood by another blogger, please advise me. TIA

Is there anyway we can have a thread for discussing "all aspects" of this case. Perhaps with directions that we take our replies and log them into the threads set aside for different aspects of this case. For instance, if I make a comments about the arrests or legal proceedings - I will copy and paste that same comment into the thread set aside for it?

I am missing the productive, freeflowing, conversation that stems from discussing all aspects of this case. TIA...

I would like someone to explain to me WHY a FOSTER PARENT will kill a FOSTER CHILD????? Wouldn't you just give return them to the children's service for a new foster home?

Not sure to whom I need to make this request - but if my comment is read and understood by another blogger, please advise me. TIA

Is there anyway we can have a thread for discussing "all aspects" of this case. Perhaps with directions that we take our replies and log them into the threads set aside for different aspects of this case. For instance, if I make a comments about the arrests or legal proceedings - I will copy and paste that same comment into the thread set aside for it?

I am missing the productive, freeflowing, conversation that stems from discussing all aspects of this case. TIA...

I think we're already there eyes4crime...Hasanni Campbell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I would like someone to explain to me WHY a FOSTER PARENT will kill a FOSTER CHILD????? Wouldn't you just give return them to the children's service for a new foster home?

Not if there's an insurance policy for said child.:mad: and said foster parent is in debt up to his eyeballs.

You can go to the main subforum page and hit "create thread" and make anything you like, eyes.

Hi momtective - thanks for directing me back to the many threads - the subtopics - but is there one thread where bloggers are discussing ALL aspects of this case? Perhaps I missed it!

Maybe we could have a thread for questions about threads? lol

I tried to re-open the "general discussion" thread, but someone else closed it again, so I guess not...??? :waitasec:

Hi poco: I've asked myself the same question since the beginning of this case! Hard to imagine why Ross would fight to have the children only to do away with one. An insurance policy taken out on Hasanni has been a never ending theme of mine - I think LE needs to get a search warrant to investigate insurance policies that may be in the bank vault or hidden away.

Also, Ross is the first to call 'unfair' in this investigation - could be there will be a lawsuit over civil rights and/or against LE. With Ross' history of the many lawsuits against him, he may very well be ready for one of his own. mho

Hi momtective - thanks for directing me back to the many threads - the subtopics - but is there one thread where bloggers are discussing ALL aspects of this case? Perhaps I missed it!

Maybe we could have a thread for questions about threads? lol

The general discussion thread?:confused: or maybe I'm missing what you're asking:crazy:
If so then it's here CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
If this isn't what you're lookin' for then would someone please bring me more caffeine...I prefer coke, straight, in the can...:crazy:

The general discussion thread?:confused: or maybe I'm missing what you're asking:crazy:
If so then it's here CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
If this isn't what you're lookin' for then would someone please bring me more caffeine...I prefer coke, straight, in the can...:crazy:

OOOO! I'll take some caffeine, too mom, please. :coffeecup:

But, sadly, that thread is closed, and it wasn't by me and no one left an explanation, so I guess that's an official thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201