CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System operates a fleet of aircraft which moves prisoners over long distances more economically and with higher security than commercial airlines. Nearly all air movements are done aboard large and small jets that Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System owns or leases.

I believe that HW will not be transported back and forth between CA and New York if he has a new trial in NY. What will happen is HW will be housed in NY for the duration of his trial. Likely in a NYC jail near the courthouse....2 Cents
During a trial I agree he will be housed in the local jail. But until then there will be many hearings and I would think HW would need to be given the opportunity to attend those hearings. He would then need to be transported back and forth from CA for those hearings. The actual retrial may not happen for some time.

During a trial I agree he will be housed in the local jail. But until then there will be many hearings and I would think HW would need to be given the opportunity to attend those hearings. He would then need to be transported back and forth from CA for those hearings. The actual retrial may not happen for some time.

For pretrial hearings and for his trial I believe CA will house him in NY, probably a jail in NYC.
States house inmates in other states all the time.

He would still be an inmate in the CA department of corrections and also CA would have to pay for him.

Not realistic to fly him back and forth to his pretrial hearings.

2 Cents

Mr. Weinstein did not testify during the original trial. His lawyers told The New York Times that if he had, the judge would have allowed the prosecution to question him about other allegations related to physical assaults, threats and other violent behavior.

Mr. Weinstein wants to testify in a new trial, Mr. Aidala said, though he called it a “game-time decision.” A second trial could open Mr. Weinstein up to a brutal cross-examination by prosecutors.

“He has proclaimed his innocence, unequivocally and repeatedly,” Mr. Aidala said.

On Wednesday, Mr. Weinstein will appear at a hearing in the same courthouse where he was tried and convicted. It will be the first step in the process toward a new trial, should the district attorney decide to retry him.

Because the appeals court cited legal errors in overturning the conviction — but did not exonerate Mr. Weinstein — the ruling may also galvanize victims to “want to fight harder,” said Scott Berkowitz, the president of RAINN, the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, a nonprofit.

But if prosecutors drop the case, he said, it would have “a really deflating and depressing effect.”

Attorney Arthur Aidala said Weinstein was moved to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan after his arrival on Friday to city jails.

"They examined him and sent him to Bellevue. It seems like he needs a lot of help, physically. He's got a lot of problems. He's getting all kinds of tests. He's somewhat of a train wreck health wise," Aidala said.

Harvey Weinstein returned to Rikers Island just days after the New York Court of Appeals overturned his sex assault conviction. The former movie producer was being held in a special unit at Rikers for inmates requiring medical care before being transferred to Bellevue.

Aidala said he spoke to Weinstein on Friday afternoon after he was in transit to New York City from an upstate jail less than 24 hours after the appeals ruling, which was released Thursday morning.

He said his client’s ailments are physical, adding that mentally he is “sharp as a tack. Feet are firmly planted on the ground.”

“He was not treated well. They refused to give him even a sip of water, no food, no bathroom break,” Aidala said. “He’s a 72-year-old sickly man.”

• "Harvey Weinstein has been hospitalized after arriving at Rikers Island in NYC
  • His lawyer said that he will be receiving tests and is a 'train wreck health wise'
  • A New York court ruled this week that he did not receive a fair trial in 2020."

BREAKING: #HarveyWeinstein will face another trial in NY, after his conviction was overturned.The Manhattan D.A. announced their plans to move forward at a hearing today: “We believe in this case...It was a strong case in 2020...and it remains a strong case in 2024.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back