CA CA - Julie Schossow, 25, & Marilyn Putt, 27, S. Lake Tahoe, 12 Jan 1982

they can sometimes obtain samples of DNA from evidence they have from years prior

they can sometimes obtain samples of DNA from evidence they have from years prior

Indeed, but since both women were found naked and had been in the water for some time any DNA left by their killer(s) would have been washed off and destroyed.

The only chance of having DNA evidence, I think, would be from vaginal swabs taken at the time if there was a suspicion they had been raped, but if LE had those swabs in archive they would have had them tested long before now, surely? I guess it also depends on the condition of the bodies when they were found.

I did not know all the details of how they were found except that they were chained and bound, possibly together

I did some research regarding Lake, and NG, and it appears that NG, was in jail durning that time however, Lake, looks like a good suspect.

As far as I could dig up, Ng was arrested in April, which would be right around the time that the bodies were dropped. That could, in this theory, be a reason for Lake to get rid of them, him relocating and/or being afraid of Ng saying anything.

But as Tess points out, Ng and Lake probably couldn't pass as "high rollers". Ng was barely 21 and Lake, in any photo I've seen, never looks like anything but a chubby, bald schlub. So if Schossow and Putt indeed left with some high rollers, I can hardly imagine it being these two. They were not exactly charmers.

This may have already been brought up but what about the idea of an outlaw bike gang? That particular stretch of highway and especially South Tahoe is a popular destination for bikers and various bike clubs. Kidnapping and keeping hostage two women at the same time, and then disposing of them together at the same time and in the same manner seems to be more of a group project.

Also is there any information as to what may have happened to them in the months prior to their death? Seems a long period of time to hold two women prisoner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tess, Back then “High Roller” was rather loosely applied to a player. If you tipped a dealer a $100 you were automatically considered one.

Deumus, true good point,seems like it had to be more than one person. they cannot give out details I am sure and I do not know if I would want to know but that would be important as far as motus operandi and the relationship if any to the perpetrator(s) I do remember lots of bikers but I think there was snow at the time

same m/o here strangled and bound only it was believed that Maryln and Julie were held captive for a period of time...there were some co workers who saw who Maryln and Julie left with perhaps now they will speak since the perp died several years ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harty
Back