CA CA - Lynn Bandringa, 21, Hesperia, 29 May 1967

I have only just taken an interest in Lynne's case, for which I apologise. I've spent a day and a half trawling the newspaper archives, and it makes sorry reading. I must say.
Now, I'm not discounting Bundy, it's a good theory, but there are some things that make me think this might be closer to home and must I stress these are my own opinions.
1) Lynne (The spelling in her high school yearbook) was wearing odd clothes for painting a white fence - black top, pants and a headscarf that covered her distinctive hair. In August?

HUMBLE PIE, here NB It was MAY, so that part of my argument is less effective, although her clothing would have been both distinctive and a good disguise.

Can anybody help? I have no idea how to report this, as I'm in the UK

467UFCA - Unidentified Female
CASE NUMBER - 467UFCA

Unidentified doe whose description closely resembles Lynne. The doe was found fifteen months after Lynne disappeared, but it might simply be the case that she disappeared of her own free will, only to meet with this fate at a later date.
I feel it's worth reporting as the appearance is so close

Here is the summary from charleyproject, listing her as missing with few details available.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bandringa_lynn.html

Here is the profile from the CA Department of Justice, listing her as voluntary missing:

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4360507400302

When I tried to google search her name, I found something odd in the google news archives. Down a ways in the search results there is a snippet from an article titled "Bride, 21, Believed Kidnapped" and the snippet reads "Mrs Lynn. Bandringa a 21yearold bride of seven weeks who has been missing since Monday is now believed to be a kidnap victim the sheriff's office disclosed"

That is all of the article I can see, if I click on the link I am asked to pay to view. This article was from 1967, is definitely the same person and may be more reliable than the profiles that were made more recently. Does anyone have access to LA Times archives through another site that might be able to view this??

Here is the google search results, the article is toward the bottom: (or search news archives for Lynn Bandringa, you can find it that way)

lynn bandringa - Google Search

Any help appreciated, very curious about this, and wondering if LE may be ignoring this case because it doesn't state she was believed to be kidnapped!!!

When I clicked on your link I didn't get a link to the LATimes, Instead there were 2 listings. One was called the CC Register and it was an article about crowdsourcing missing persons case & the NamUs system. There was a two or three sentence paragraph about someone trying to match their missing loved one to an unidentified in CA. Even though it doesn't provide any additional info on Lynn, it is an interesting article. Here's the link
Crowdsourcing fuels revolution in missing-persons hunts – Orange County Register
Lynn was mentioned in those couple sentences based on someone trying to match her to the unidentified. Of course it wasn't her.
The other link was a County Patch and only contained the same last name as Lynn, and listed a child that had made the honor roll in their local school system. So not about Lynn at all. The LA Times article you had originally linked to no longer comes up with that link.

Sorry...no, I'm sure it wasn't the Charley Project...it was DoeNet CASE NUMBER - 467UFCA [the blue letters are the link - I can't get it to work the normal way]

Last edited:
Very sorry, there's been a mix up - I've never posted a prior link to The Charley Project. I've only made a few comments on the case. DoeNet has a file on the lady below, that I thought looked like Lynne.

Attachments

• DOE 467-UFCA.png
    DOE 467-UFCA.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 6

Lynn Marjorie Bandringa​

bandringa_lynn3.jpg
lynn_marjorie_bandringa_1.jpg
lynn_marjorie_bandringa_2.jpg

Bandringa, circa 1967
  • Missing Since 05/29/1967
  • Missing From Hesperia, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/01/1945 (77)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 119 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black sweater, Levi's jeans or dark-colored capri pants, and a headscarf.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes.
  • Bandringa's maiden name is Whittaker and her former married name is Leerskov.

Details of Disappearance​

Bandringa was last seen in Hesperia, California on May 29, 1967. She disappeared from her home in the 13800 block of Main Street sometime between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. She and her husband and father-in-law owned a trailer sales business, Bandringra Trailer Sales, and their trailer home also served as the business's office.

She may have been painting a wooden fence in front of the business at the time of her disappearance; a paint can and brush were left behind there. Two witnesses reported seeing her cross Hesperia Road heading away from the trailer. She didn't take any clothing, purse, identification or other belongings with her, and she left her two pet dogs running loose.

Bandringa had gotten married only seven weeks before her disappearance, and her husband said they were happy and he couldn't think of any reason she would want to leave. He was with his father on a service call in Barstow, California on the day she disappeared, leaving her home to mind the office by herself. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and authorities believe she could have been taken against her will.

Prior to her marriage, Bandrindga lived with her parents in Rialto, California. She is a graduate of Eisenhower High School and had previously worked for a San Bernardino credit firm.

Her case remains unsolved.

LINK:

Lynn Marjorie Bandringa​

bandringa_lynn3.jpg
lynn_marjorie_bandringa_1.jpg
lynn_marjorie_bandringa_2.jpg

Bandringa, circa 1967
  • Missing Since 05/29/1967
  • Missing From Hesperia, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/01/1945 (77)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 119 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black sweater, Levi's jeans or dark-colored capri pants, and a headscarf.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes.
  • Bandringa's maiden name is Whittaker and her former married name is Leerskov.

Details of Disappearance​

Bandringa was last seen in Hesperia, California on May 29, 1967. She disappeared from her home in the 13800 block of Main Street sometime between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. She and her husband and father-in-law owned a trailer sales business, Bandringra Trailer Sales, and their trailer home also served as the business's office.

She may have been painting a wooden fence in front of the business at the time of her disappearance; a paint can and brush were left behind there. Two witnesses reported seeing her cross Hesperia Road heading away from the trailer. She didn't take any clothing, purse, identification or other belongings with her, and she left her two pet dogs running loose.

Bandringa had gotten married only seven weeks before her disappearance, and her husband said they were happy and he couldn't think of any reason she would want to leave. He was with his father on a service call in Barstow, California on the day she disappeared, leaving her home to mind the office by herself. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and authorities believe she could have been taken against her will.

Prior to her marriage, Bandrindga lived with her parents in Rialto, California. She is a graduate of Eisenhower High School and had previously worked for a San Bernardino credit firm.

Her case remains unsolved.

LINK:

Part of this is confusing to me. The 13800 block of Main Street (current) is no where near Hesperia Rd. The 13800 block according to Google maps (cuz I don’t pay attention to addresses) is right at the corner of Main and Pyrite Ave. That corner, for as long as I can remember has always had a trailer business or used cars or something similar. I’m not smart enough to look up what businesses may have occupied that specific location over the years but I just couldn’t get the location out of my head. I seriously doubt any of this helps at all, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back