CA CA - Roxanne Brown, 34, murdered, Whittier, 15 Mar 1985

almagata

Reaction score
34 year old Roxanne Brown went missing from her Friendly Hills home in Whittier, CA on a Friday afternoon. The home showed evidence of a struggle so it is believed she was taken against her will. Her husband reported her missing around 3:15 PM.

A few hours later around 7:35 PM, a couple looking for homes in a new housing development in El Toro, CA about 35 miles south, found a woman's body which was later identified as Ms. Brown.

Ms. Brown had spoken to a friend on the telephone around 2:30 PM and that was the last contact that family or friends had with her that day.

Orange County sheriff's staff report that Ms. Brown had been bludgeoned to death but she also had suffered multiple stab wounds.

Police never reported any leads in the case.

Attachments

• 031785 LA Times.JPG
    031785 LA Times.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 03181985 The Town Talk Alexandria Lousiana.JPG
    03181985 The Town Talk Alexandria Lousiana.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 13
  • the Miller Press.JPG
    the Miller Press.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 11
I've wondered if there was any DNA found at this crime scene. 1985 would have been right around the time that DNA was starting to be used in criminal cases.

I cannot find any new information on this case. Also I was thinking about the Golden State killer this was still in the time that he was active in California. However, I don't think he ever moved any of his victims from their home that I can recall but I don't know a whole lot about him. He did beat some of them death though or stab them he had methods that were all over the board pretty much if I am remembering correctly.

I cannot find any new information on this case. Also I was thinking about the Golden State killer this was still in the time that he was active in California. However, I don't think he ever moved any of his victims from their home that I can recall but I don't know a whole lot about him. He did beat some of them death though or stab them he had methods that were all over the board pretty much if I am remembering correctly.
And it was broad daylight. A literal 45 minute window of opportunity. GSK always operated in the dark.

Deangelo did move some of his victims from their homes. He was in the process of moving Beth Snelling from her home when Claude Snelling interrupted the abduction and was killed.

During the EAR attack series, he moved a number of his younger victims outside to the back yard or down a canal.

Some people believe Deangelo is responsible for the Donna Richmond and Jennifer Armour abductions and murders in Visalia. There also was another abduction rape that was reported recently where the victim claims she was abducted by a police officer and raped in Visalia.

After JJD returned to Sacramento and began working in 1991 for Albertson's, there were a string of abductions in the area around where Deanglo lived. Some of the women were abducted from their homes or parking lots in broad daylight. One case is very similar to the Roxanne Brown case. Cindy Wanner went missing from her sister's home where she was babysitting one day and her body turned up about 40 miles away in a remote area. Another woman, Mary Lloyd, was abducted from a parking lot in Auburn around 10:00 AM and her body was found about 10 miles away in a remote area. She was a neighbor and longtime family friend of Chief Willick who fired JJD.

I tend to look for cases that were not solved and had a level of weirdness to them that makes them standout when looking for JJD possible crimes.

JJD mother and step-father were living in Whittier when Roxanne Brown went missing. They lived only a few miles away and we know JJD had relatives that lived in Irvine not far from where Roxanne's body was found in Lake Forest.

I'm convinced the JJD continued to kill after 1986 but he changed his MO so that it did not match his prior murders. I will be convinced that these Sacramento and Placer County murders are not his when they say they have tested DNA and it does not match JJD.

Deangelo did move some of his victims from their homes. He was in the process of moving Beth Snelling from her home when Claude Snelling interrupted the abduction and was killed.

During the EAR attack series, he moved a number of his younger victims outside to the back yard or down a canal.

Some people believe Deangelo is responsible for the Donna Richmond and Jennifer Armour abductions and murders in Visalia. There also was another abduction rape that was reported recently where the victim claims she was abducted by a police officer and raped in Visalia.

After JJD returned to Sacramento and began working in 1991 for Albertson's, there were a string of abductions in the area around where Deanglo lived. Some of the women were abducted from their homes or parking lots in broad daylight. One case is very similar to the Roxanne Brown case. Cindy Wanner went missing from her sister's home where she was babysitting one day and her body turned up about 40 miles away in a remote area. Another woman, Mary Lloyd, was abducted from a parking lot in Auburn around 10:00 AM and her body was found about 10 miles away in a remote area. She was a neighbor and longtime family friend of Chief Willick who fired JJD.

I tend to look for cases that were not solved and had a level of weirdness to them that makes them standout when looking for JJD possible crimes.

JJD mother and step-father were living in Whittier when Roxanne Brown went missing. They lived only a few miles away and we know JJD had relatives that lived in Irvine not far from where Roxanne's body was found in Lake Forest.

I'm convinced the JJD continued to kill after 1986 but he changed his MO so that it did not match his prior murders. I will be convinced that these Sacramento and Placer County murders are not his when they say they have tested DNA and it does not match JJD.

I hope the Whittier PD/OC Sheriff will check their evidence in the Roxanne Brown case and test for DNA.

Deangelo may be another one that we will never truly know all of his victims as I don't feel that he would confess to anything at this point. He would have nothing to gain from confessing unless of course he just likes the attention which most serial killers do after they are caught. I hope that LE is mindful of him and can work to find evidence that may link him or rule him out which ever the case may be it could close a lot of cases for them if there is a connection to him.

I don't feel as if it was Deangelo. He acted mostly at night, well in the SoCal area, and I feel as if this was a personal crime.

34 year old Roxanne Brown went missing from her Friendly Hills home in Whittier, CA on a Friday afternoon. The home showed evidence of a struggle so it is believed she was taken against her will. Her husband reported her missing around 3:15 PM.

A few hours later around 7:35 PM, a couple looking for homes in a new housing development in El Toro, CA about 35 miles south, found a woman's body which was later identified as Ms. Brown.

Ms. Brown had spoken to a friend on the telephone around 2:30 PM and that was the last contact that family or friends had with her that day.

Orange County sheriff's staff report that Ms. Brown had been bludgeoned to death but she also had suffered multiple stab wounds.

Police never reported any leads in the case.
We knew Ron and Roxanne. My husband and I owned a boarding stable near their store, they owned Goods Western Store. They used to board their horses at our stables when they traveled. Great people, Roxanne was beautiful. After she was murdered Ron told us Richard Ramirez killed her. He said they found a shoe print outside a window. But he wasn't charged with her murder. Ramirez was hanging out all around our area that summer, and he murdered the couple on Strong Ave in Whittier. The pizza parlor owners. They lived less than a mile from our ranch.

We knew Ron and Roxanne. My husband and I owned a boarding stable near their store, they owned Goods Western Store. They used to board their horses at our stables when they traveled. Great people, Roxanne was beautiful. After she was murdered Ron told us Richard Ramirez killed her. He said they found a shoe print outside a window. But he wasn't charged with her murder. Ramirez was hanging out all around our area that summer, and he murdered the couple on Strong Ave in Whittier. The pizza parlor owners. They lived less than a mile from our ranch.
Thank you for your personal perspective and information. I, and the Websleuths community, are sorry for your loss. Do you know how far Lake Forest would have been from Friendly Hills in 1985? I am from the same area and know it is about a hour drive now-a-days but I am sure it was less in 1985.

I know El Toro/Lake Forest is now a wealthier area due to having family friends living there. However, I am not sure if it was the same in the 1980s. Friendly Hills, to my believe, has always been a wealthier area of Southern LA County due to stories from locals, etc. I wonder if her killer was familiar with that area, like had acquaintances, lived, or was familiar of the area. It is probably a stretch but I feel as if her killer probably was an established person who had kids and a family. Kind of a double-life type of person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery
Back