Can cat hair found at a crime scene be important?????

Searchparty

Reaction score
Does anyone have information or know of any cases (IN RECENT YEARS) that involve animal DNA helping solve a homicide?

Does anyone have information or know of any cases (IN RECENT YEARS) that involve animal DNA helping solve a homicide?
I've seen a few on Forensic Files, but I think the ones I know of are all a bit older, like this one.

Murder of Shirley Duguay - Wikipedia

Doesn't mean there aren't a bunch out there, I just can't think of any I know about off the top of my head.

I think the video below that I watched a few years ago is about a UK case that got solved using cat hair. If I recall correctly, it was solved through forensic comparison of cat hair, but not DNA analysis though. There may be some info in the video or comments about other cases involving cat hair.

Last edited:
I’ve seen stuff on the ID channel with animals and the dna that was crazy how they can do that just saying I’m not sure on any Particular cases but I’ve seen in that

I’ve seen stuff on the ID channel with animals and the dna that was crazy how they can do that just saying I’m not sure on any Particular cases but I’ve seen in that
Yes! I've seen some old stuff but nothing very recent... and I agree, its pretty crazy of the possibility of solving a case that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back