Can someone take a look at this for me? I think I found something

Dylansmom08

Reaction score
*hope i'm posting this in the right place*

I was looking at this unidentified case
Unidentified Persons

When I came across this possible match? The date missing would seem to fit the time frame between when the unidentified was found, the age is in the right range and I mapped the distances between the two points (last known and found) those too seem to be logical. The only thing not lining up is the possible military connection. Anyone have any ideas?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

*hope i'm posting this in the right place*

I was looking at this unidentified case
Unidentified Persons

When I came across this possible match? The date missing would seem to fit the time frame between when the unidentified was found, the age is in the right range and I mapped the distances between the two points (last known and found) those too seem to be logical. The only thing not lining up is the possible military connection. Anyone have any ideas?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Wow, seems like it could definitely be a match! The height's a little different (but it's only an estimate), and I wouldn't be too concerned about the military thing. Maybe he was no longer enlisted, so it wasn't mentioned in his profile?

The religious articles make me sad...it's so personal and haunting, almost. I hope your lead works out...would be good to give this man his identity back.

Last edited:
It is very sad to see those details hopefully we can help to bring him back to his family so he can finally be laid to rest. Do you know how to go about submitting this for further investigation?

If you go under the "Contacts" tab, it gives you the regional law enforcement contact information. Never done it before, but I'm guessing....more experienced folks could correct me if I'm mistaken.

Good luck, and let us know?

Could someone start a thread for both cases, and cross post?

The typical format of location * date in the thread title helps posters find cases of interest.

I can't answer any of the traditional questions -- who, what, where, when, why, or how.

Last edited:
He disappeared with his brother, could be him also.
Whoever it is could have just found or bought the knife somewhere.

No exclusions on either. I'd send it in if I were you.

Found this missing post on FB:
Buscando a nue

Thanks for that piece of information. I translated the missing post and the clothing description doesn't match for either one of the brothers that is odd to me so I don't know now so many things add up but some don't. I'm going to try to keep digging.

I still don't think it would hurt to call it in.

The UID'd body was found by the US Border Patrol, and these brothers were apparently trying to cross the border into Arizona and turned around because the trip was too difficult, according to the FB page.

Discussion is continued in dotr's links above! :)

I submitted this possible match and just not got some feedback it is being investigated now. I will get an update as soon as it becomes available thanks to all who helped me with this comparison. I really didn't think I would get any response because it took so long but they are very busy people and doing the best they can to keep up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise
Back