CANADA Canada- Cole Hosack, 24, was to leave for Medicine Hat, Jan. 5 for new job but never arrived, last seen near Lonestar Bar, Dawson Creek, BC, 1 Jan '24

dotr

Reaction score
2024-01-17 11:30 PST

''File # 2024-17

Police are requesting further assistance from the public for any information related to the disappearance of Cole Hosack.

Have you seen Cole Hosack?

Investigation into missing person continues
https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPa...geId=1&contentId=82556&detachmentDataId=43863
Cole Hosack was last seen in the area of the Lonestar Bar in Dawson Creek, BC, at approximately 12:20 am on Monday, January 1, 2024.

Cole Hosack is described as:
  • Caucasian male
  • 24 years
  • 5 ft 9 in (175 cm)
  • 150 lbs (68 kg)
  • Brown hair
  • Brown eyes
Cole Hosack

He was last seen wearing:
  • Dark green pants
  • Green coloured t-shirt
  • Black hat with a Boston Red Sox B symbol.
Dawson Creek RCMP are requesting residents of Dawson Creek to check any outdoor areas on their properties, including sheds and under decks due to the inclement weather. Investigators are also requesting anyone with video surveillance that would capture the area of Highway 49, from 8th Street and Alaska Avenue, heading eastbound to Spirit River to preserve the video and contact the Dawson Creek RCMP.

Cole Hosack is not from Dawson Creek and was to leave for Medicine Hat, Alberta on January 5, 2024 for new employment but never arrived.

Dawson Creek RCMP and North District GIS are actively investigating and are requesting anyone with information related to the disappearance of Cole Hosack to contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700.''

Andrew Kurjata · CBC News · Posted: Jan 19, 2024
1705692221983.png
From left, Darylyn Supernant, Dave Daniel Domingo, Renee Didier (Supernant) and Cole Hosack have all gone missing from Dawson Creek, B.C., over the past year. (Dawson Creek RCMP)
''Cole Hosack was only supposed to be in Dawson Creek, B.C., for a few days.

The 24-year-old was travelling over the holidays from Prince George, B.C., to Medicine Hat, Alta., to start a new job. He was with a friend who has family in Dawson Creek, so they stopped in town to celebrate on New Year's Eve.

He went to a bar on Dec. 31 and hasn't been heard from since.

"My worst fear right now is not finding him for the next 30 years," his mother Julie Hosack said in an interview with CBC News.''

Hosack worries people are assuming her son was somehow involved with local gang activity, despite not having any connections to the city.

"Cole's never been to Dawson, he doesn't know anyone in Dawson, he was simply stopping through," she said.

''Deaths and disappearances​

Hosack isn't alone in worrying about a loved one who has gone missing from Dawson Creek. There are currently four high-profile missing person cases in the community, all opened within the last year.''

Threads for mpers. referenced in above posted article..

Julie explains her son had just moved from Fort McMurray to Prince George with his girlfriend, Morgan Crawford, to be closer to her family. Cole had recently accepted a job in Medicine Hat and was travelling there with a friend on New Year’s Eve. Many of her family members lived in Dawson Creek, so they decided to stop so she could visit before they commenced their journey to work.

Dawson Creek is located in northeastern British Columbia and has an approximate population of 13,000 people.

“He’s never been there before, so he doesn’t know anyone there,” says Julie, whose family has roots, many family members who still reside, in the Smoky River Region in Alberta.

“His phone has been turned off since he went missing and his bank cards have not been used.”

An Alberta mother is in B.C. this weekend conducting a search for her missing son as well as two other women who have gone missing from her community.

Julie has been in touch with the families of two other women who have gone missing. Members from those families also took part in the search on March 16.

The RCMP has reported a rise in gang-related violence in the region. Additional officers from the province’s Uniform Gang Enforcement Team have been deployed to the area to support local police.

“Nobody there wants to talk. Everybody is scared,” Julie said. “You’ve got a whole bunch of people who don’t want to talk because they think that they could be next. The crime is outrageous. At the end of the day, I don’t care what anyone was involved in – they all deserve to be looked for and they all deserve some kind of voice,” Julie said.

More at link.

rbbm Feb 3, 2024
1710675016084.png
''Julie explains that police have said there was an altercation outside the bar that evening, but because Cole’s disappearance is under investigation, they cannot release additional information about the situation.

“Because this is an active investigation, RCMP can only release certain information,” says Julie.

“They have put out a press release looking for video footage that would help with their investigation. They are looking for any dash cam, trail camera, or security camera footage from 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 31 until 2 a.m. Jan. 1, 2024, around the night club, Dawson Creek, and Highway 49 leaving the community.”

“People in Dawson Creek are scared to get involved because of all that is happening there,” says Julie.
“We’re having a hard time finding people to help in the search parties.”
''The area has also been riddled with unexplainable shootings and murders in recent months.''

Cole is featured on this week's episode of The Vanished podcast:

I listened to this episode and I immediately went to see a picture of Cole and I cant help but think that 1st Cole is very handsome. With that being said , in the hood we call guys that look like Cole A walking LICK ! ( He looks like he takes care of himself , has a job etc., money - I think he was either drugged and maybe they tried to rob him and realized oh *advertiser censored* he didn't have anything etc. #2 The only other thing I can think of is that a women was able to convince him to go with her or he entertained a women and shouldn't have - but didn't know because he isn't from there. His phone being intact is odd must have either wanted cash or knew the phone was gonna be hot if they sold /pawned it - Junkies pawn phones etc., bum gang members sell/pawn phones.

I listened to this episode and I immediately went to see a picture of Cole and I cant help but think that 1st Cole is very handsome. With that being said , in the hood we call guys that look like Cole A walking LICK ! ( He looks like he takes care of himself , has a job etc., money - I think he was either drugged and maybe they tried to rob him and realized oh *advertiser censored* he didn't have anything etc. #2 The only other thing I can think of is that a women was able to convince him to go with her or he entertained a women and shouldn't have - but didn't know because he isn't from there. His phone being intact is odd must have either wanted cash or knew the phone was gonna be hot if they sold /pawned it - Junkies pawn phones etc., bum gang members sell/pawn phones.
Welcome to Ws @BISHWHETT!
Never heard the term 'walking lick' before, does that mean he is physically attractive, or an appealing potential victim?

Welcome to Ws @BISHWHETT!
Never heard the term 'walking lick' before, does that mean he is physically attractive, or an appealing potential victim?
Well its like , he looks like he has money etc and thats what entices ppl. Like have you ever seen the J lo movie when they were robbing the guys from the strip club - they were successful because the guys were Green ( unsuspecting). When i saw Coles picture all i could think about was wow , someone saw him and started plotting .

Cole and his girlfriend lost a child on November 2, 2023. A preemie with a heart condition. There are two active G******E currently for Cole and his girlfriend. The first one was related to the deceased child. The second one is currently related to his disappearance. I think Cole has a second child who appears to be a toddler. Cute little fella with a head of flaming red hair.

What I don't understand is if CH was on his way to a job in Medicine Hat Alberta, why would he drive 400 km north to Dawson's Creek. It's nowhere near the direction of Medicine Hat. If you have to be in MH on Jan 5, it seems like quite the detour.

Is it an upadate to original release on 2024-01-05?

While efforts to locate Cole continue, police are looking to the public for information that may help further the investigation.

Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed a fight outside the Lonestar Pub in Dawson Creek that occurred sometime between 11:30 pm, December 31, 2023 and 00:30 am, January 1, 2024, to call the Dawson Creek RCMP at (250) 784-3700.

His Facebook - looks like he lost a child shortly after birth last year. If you search his page you can find the child's mother's page where she has several posts about his missing status. It's absolutely heartbreaking.https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078777548819

There is an official Facebook page that his family has posted on and has shared in their flyers/stickers/t-shirts/etc.: Log into Facebook

It is maybe the most thoughtfully set up of any missing persons FB pages I've seen; they've asked that no tips or sightings be shared (go straight to law enforcement) and for everyone to stay mindful that the family sees these posts (don't speculate on worst possible outcomes).

It is so clear how supported, loved, and missed Cole is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick
Back