Found Deceased Canada- Tatjana Stefanski, 44, last seen sitting in her ex husband's car, Lumby, BC, 13 April 2024

dotr

Reaction score
April 14 '24
1713188212099.png
''The partner of a missing woman alleges she was abducted from the Lumby area Saturday morning, and he's asking the public to keep sharing information about her disappearance online.

Saturday evening, the Lumby RCMP said 44-year-old Tatiana Stefanski was last seen at about 8 a.m. Saturday morning near Lumby speaking with her ex-husband <modsnip - named radacted, see mod note>, before she left "unexpectedly with him."

In a public Facebook post, Stefanski's current partner Jason Gaudreault alleges she was abducted from a home just west of Lumby. According to social media, her first name is actually spelled "Tatjana."

"There will be heavy police search today so can everyone please let them do their work. Tatjana’s kids and I are hope for the best but her ex's mental state may not be good," Gaudreault said Sunday morning.

"Please for the safety of everyone, please lay back and avoid interfering. We want Tatjana home safe, her kids and I love her so much and miss her. We need her home safe."

Last edited by a moderator:
rbbm
''According to police, 44-year-old Tatiana Stefanski was last seen speaking to her ex-husband <modsnip - name redacted, see mod note below> just after 8 a.m. on April 13, before leaving unexpectedly with him.''
“They were last seen in Steffen’s 2007 black Audi A6, British Columbia license plate GK188L in Lumby,” police said in a press release.''
''Police are asking members of the public to call 9-1-1 if they think they have spotted the vehicle, or if they have any information regarding the whereabouts of either Stefanski or Steffen.''

Lumby, B.C.

2024-04-13 19:35 PDT
Lumby RCMP area asking for the public’s assistance to locate a missing 44-year-old woman.
Tatiana Stefanski was last seen at approximately 8:05 a.m., on April 13, 2024, while speaking with her ex-husband <modsnip - name redacted, see mod note below> before departing unexpectedly with him.
They were last seen in Steffen’s 2007 black Audi A6, British Columbia licence plate GK188L in Lumby, British Columbia.
Police are asking anyone that may have seen the vehicle, or may know where Tatiana Stefanski or <modsnip - name redacted, see mod note below> are to call 9-1-1.''
1713188523976.png

''A woman was found dead and a man was arrested Sunday in B.C.'s North Okanagan, according to authorities, who said they were initially investigating a report of an abduction from the Lumby area.

The woman was found in a "rural location," and a man was "arrested in the general vicinity" the RCMP said in a brief statement Monday.

"The Southeast District Major Crime Unit has assumed conduct of the investigation and believe that the female’s death is the result of foul play," it said.''

I live in Lumby. We are a village in the North Okanagan. This has been devastating for our little community. He has been released and was spotted near his ex wife’s home where their daughter lives. He was picked again and again has been released. Our justice system is so broken

Last edited:
It seems that two people living in the area share the same/similar name and the other bearer of the name was harassed by phone calls/threats, hence the police had to issue the “name correction”. According to what I understand from the SM, Tatiana’s ex changes his last (and possibly, first) name pretty easily. At the same time, people on the SM mention him not having a cellphone. If so, the logic of releasing a man who doesn’t have a cellphone to trace him is beyond my understanding.

''Tuesday afternoon, police said “the incorrect name of the ex-husband associated with the missing person was released to the public” during the initial release on April 13.

Staff Sgt. Kris Clark says the name has now been removed from the publication.

“To address this inaccuracy, the RCMP would like to clarify that the person initially named, <modsnip - name redacted, see mod note below>, was never and is in no way connected to our investigation," said Clark.

He also corrected the initial spelling of Tatjana Stefanski, from Tatiana.''

''Tuesday afternoon, police said “the incorrect name of the ex-husband associated with the missing person was released to the public” during the initial release on April 13.

Staff Sgt. Kris Clark says the name has now been removed from the publication.

“To address this inaccuracy, the RCMP would like to clarify that the person initially named, <modsnip - name redacted, see mod note below>, was never and is in no way connected to our investigation," said Clark.

He also corrected the initial spelling of Tatjana Stefanski, from Tatiana.''
MOD NOTE: In light of this, all references to that name have been redacted from this thread so that searching for his name doesn't result in links to Websleuths. What a horrifying mistake!

MOD NOTE: In light of this, all references to that name have been redacted from this thread so that searching for his name doesn't result in links to Websleuths. What a horrifying mistake!
Thank you for the quick catch and TS's name spelling correction, hopefully all the new news reports are just as fast!

It seems that two people living in the area share the same/similar name and the other bearer of the name was harassed by phone calls/threats, hence the police had to issue the “name correction”. According to what I understand from the SM, Tatiana’s ex changes his last (and possibly, first) name pretty easily. At the same time, people on the SM mention him not having a cellphone. If so, the logic of releasing a man who doesn’t have a cellphone to trace him is beyond my understanding.
IMO This makes sense since the MSM used that alternative last name, rather than the one used in the divorce proceedings that matches TS. I don’t see any other divorce for TS and the divorce proceedings were still active/updated just this month. I don’t think there’s another ex husband other than the one in this divorce.

The outpouring of love and support from our little community has been absolutely amazing. I hope some good will come from this and laws will be changed. It’s an obscenity that he is still walking the streets while his two children live in fear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back