Cell phone Pings Check This Out

Bolded by me..
I posted about these videos on another thread recently. I find them useful in seeing where KC was during this time frame. I have been wondering the same thing myself.. what in the Sam Hill is she DOING in the Amscot area all of the time? Is she waiting to see if she can spot her parents leaving home, or are there other businesses in the area that she was frequenting or whatever? I'd sure like to know!

I know, her daily activities are so limited and her near constant presence in that area is baffling, could be she was scouting out to see if cindy was driving by, sounds plausible. But good grief she is one peculiar individual. To think that this is all she could come with, the only thing this girl could think of do with her life was driving around all day, back and forth to the same area, over and over again. Crazy stuff...

I added the "check this out" back in the title to make it more exciting LOL.
Thank you Im trying to read and get familiar with this website but got to excited and had to post it, I'll go back to reading now:doh:

Go to exactly 1:36 minutes into the video do you see the ping in the woods on suburban drive that put her exactly where caylee was found. This video is from June and I watched it in June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXNG_aePGA&feature=channel
I am comparing it to this map
http://www.courant.com/topic/orl-photo-anthony-remains-...ack=rss-topicgallery

what do you think? tell me if I am looking in the right spot according to the video

I am so :confused:. I get "page not found" when I click on the map link. I would appreciate any help, as I am very interested in this. TIA

My Bold

She pings there as well at 3:09 into video on the 18th?
Also at 1:13. Don't think it means to much as she could have been at her house or on the way, but is a fascinating video nonetheless. Good post Marenaberryjo. Gonna go back now and study some other dates.

Hi, Marenaberryjo. Thanks for posting.

The video does put it in a dynamic sense which is one more way of looking at the information. Always interesting to see things from different angles.

FWIW, need to keep in mind that a "ping" is from a cell tower location, so, when Casey's activity "pings" a tower it simply means she's in a location nearby. A good rule of thumb to use is ~1 to 2 miles. That distance changes based on alot of variables (location of other towers, cell traffic on those towers, etc.). It is a little deceiving (not intentional, I'm sure) when you see a marker in the video in a specific location near the disposal site. There are 3 towers that carry almost all of Casey's pings when she is located near G&C's. When she pings one of these towers we simply know that she's in the area...not exactly where she is...and we don't know if she's stationary or traveling in/out/through the area.

Also, FWIW, cell towers in densely populated areas may hafta jockey around the calls during periods of heavy use. So, sometimes when you see a ping near Amscot IIRC, there are some examples when the pings are enveloped by pings near Tony's apt. IOW, the time between pings would make it impossible to travel from Tony's to Amscot and back to Tony's to align with the pings...suggesting that the tower near Amscot may carry some calls from Casey @ Tony's apt. esp. when the 2 'normal' towers that service his apt. were busy.

If you're interested, our very own Georgia PI did a Herculean job of creating static ping maps for each day from early June through mid-July. The link to these maps is provided as post#1 on each of the "cell ping [date] only" threads here in the Sticky Forum. These are especially helpful when you want to dissect a specific day. There's also one I like to call the "mother of all ping maps" that shows all the pings for the entire period.

Finally, FWIW, w/ the help of other WS's and after doing a very close analysis of the pings and other information (e.g. forensics of time the body was in the trunk adjusted to actual local weather temps and interior trunk temp delta based on other studies), plus other info in the case, IMHO, the body was disposed on Suburban Dr. between 1:30-2:18PM 6/20 after Casey's final back-into-G&C's garage trip (which was for second/final bagging after an initial bagging 6/19 ~3:30PM), then she partied her a$$ off @ Fusian that night since she was free of the body and hadn't been caught.....yet.

Hi, Marenaberryjo. Thanks for posting.

The video does put it in a dynamic sense which is one more way of looking at the information. Always interesting to see things from different angles.

FWIW, need to keep in mind that a "ping" is from a cell tower location, so, when Casey's activity "pings" a tower it simply means she's in a location nearby. A good rule of thumb to use is ~1 to 2 miles. That distance changes based on alot of variables (location of other towers, cell traffic on those towers, etc.). It is a little deceiving (not intentional, I'm sure) when you see a marker in the video in a specific location near the disposal site. There are 3 towers that carry almost all of Casey's pings when she is located near G&C's. When she pings one of these towers we simply know that she's in the area...not exactly where she is...and we don't know if she's stationary or traveling in/out/through the area.

Also, FWIW, cell towers in densely populated areas may hafta jockey around the calls during periods of heavy use. So, sometimes when you see a ping near Amscot IIRC, there are some examples when the pings are enveloped by pings near Tony's apt. IOW, the time between pings would make it impossible to travel from Tony's to Amscot and back to Tony's to align with the pings...suggesting that the tower near Amscot may carry some calls from Casey @ Tony's apt. esp. when the 2 'normal' towers that service his apt. were busy.

If you're interested, our very own Georgia PI did a Herculean job of creating static ping maps for each day from early June through mid-July. The link to these maps is provided as post#1 on each of the "cell ping [date] only" threads here in the Sticky Forum. These are especially helpful when you want to dissect a specific day. There's also one I like to call the "mother of all ping maps" that shows all the pings for the entire period.

Finally, FWIW, w/ the help of other WS's and after doing a very close analysis of the pings and other information (e.g. forensics of time the body was in the trunk adjusted to actual local weather temps and interior trunk temp delta based on other studies), plus other info in the case, IMHO, the body was disposed on Suburban Dr. between 1:30-2:18PM 6/20 after Casey's final back-into-G&C's garage trip (which was for second/final bagging after an initial bagging 6/19 ~3:30PM), then she partied her a$$ off @ Fusian that night since she was free of the body and hadn't been caught.....yet.
Thank you, I also said I had watch it in June, I was wrong I checked my youtube history and I had added the videos two months ago I just jumped the gun and seen June at the bottom of the video

I think that what is being called a "ping" at the location about where the remains were found is just a marker. There is no cell tower or antenna at that location.
You will see the same marker used for the location of the Anthony home and there is no tower or antenna there either.
Also, the map in the Hartford Courant that you linked to, is inaccurate as far as the location of the remains is. But, that's okay, FoxNews still can't get their map right either.
Thanks for the links to the youTubies.

I know, her daily activities are so limited and her near constant presence in that area is baffling, could be she was scouting out to see if cindy was driving by, sounds plausible. But good grief she is one peculiar individual. To think that this is all she could come with, the only thing this girl could think of do with her life was driving around all day, back and forth to the same area, over and over again. Crazy stuff...

You are right, all that driving around, back and forth, over and over, is bizarre. Definitely crazy actions.

Casey's movements are so interesting in light of her chosen disposal site. Casey lived a very small life, centered in one tiny geographic area. Her dump site reflects that life. Could this site have been predicted?

When a perpetrator is unknown, GIS(originally used by USGS to track predatory animal movements) can be used to predict where a criminal may reside. I'm fascinated ,however,by the possibility that it the software could be used in a reverse--to predict possible disposal sites in cases like this where the perpetrator's identity and daily movements/routine are known. (Trenton Duckett, etc?)

IMHO, the body was disposed on Suburban Dr. between 1:30-2:18PM 6/20 after Casey's final back-into-G&C's garage trip (which was for second/final bagging after an initial bagging 6/19 ~3:30PM), then she partied her a$$ off @ Fusian that night since she was free of the body and hadn't been caught.....yet.

I absolutely agree with this timeline with one exception. First bagging on 6/18 ~1:30pm

I wonder if she wasn't desperately driving around looking for a place to dump (so hard to write this) that precious little girl.

ETA: Looks like she visited BP area several times in that 2 day time span. Was she considering leaving her there and decided against it?

Lacey - Oooh, good idea! Maybe all of her back and forth driving was her trying to look and think of a good spot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28
Back