CO CO - Daniel Lamthach, 22, from UT, hiking, car found @ Molas Lake Campground Park, phone found on Elk Creek Trail, Silverton, 16 Jul 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
SILVERTON, Colo. (KUTV) — A search is underway in San Juan County, Colorado, after a 22-year-old man from Salt Lake City went missing.

Daniel Lamthach was last believed to be headed to the Trinity Peaks area near the Weminuche Wilderness in San Juan National Forest.

The search for Lamthach began on Thursday when he was first reported missing by a friend. Officials said the last time anyone was in contact with Lamthach was on July 16.

His vehicle was located in the Molas Lake parking area, and his cell phone was found by a hiker on the Elk Creek Trail.

527716c8-e88c-44b0-9daf-d94c14a5e67e-november20193.png

a29b4ef4-28e4-4daf-93a7-ade193753705-295796806_391895636374096_7660836235970251538_n.jpg

More at Officials searching for 22-year-old Salt Lake man missing in Colorado backcountry

This is very concerning, apparently Daniel lost his phone. Is he an experienced hiker? Why didn't he tell anyone about his planned route? The area seems to be quite rural.

An article from 7/23, apparently it was supposed to be a day hike. This is not good.

For the second day in a row, thunderstorms interrupted search efforts Saturday for a 22-year-old Salt Lake City man who was last seen a week ago after volunteering as a courseworker for a 100-mile endurance race in Colorado's high country.

Daniel Lamthach was last seen as he departed one of the Hard Rock 100's aid stations en route to a backcountry trek into the Grenadier Range mountains, according to DeAnne Gallegos of the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.

That last sighting was on July 16th.

More at Storms hinder search for race volunteer now missing for a week

I hate to read that about his phone, makes me think of wildlife attack for some reason. But I've read other comments about it being found close to the Animas and the Animas being swift enough to be concerned. I pray that he's safe and will be located.

His FB (last post June 30)

His May 2022 review of Wheeler Peak Trail:

1658703420324.png

His Ultra trail run list:

I hate to read that about his phone, makes me think of wildlife attack for some reason. But I've read other comments about it being found close to the Animas and the Animas being swift enough to be concerned. I pray that he's safe and will be located.

His FB (last post June 30)

His May 2022 review of Wheeler Peak Trail:

View attachment 355902

His Ultra trail run list:

As a fellow ultra runner I think he may have gotten off course or has an injury that knocked him off course. I hope he is found quick. I’ve been disoriented out on trail a couple of times due to heat or getting off trail and it’s scary.

JUL 27

A search and rescue mission for a missing man was postponed Wednesday because of a flood watch posing hazardous weather conditions in the San Juan Mountains.

Daniel Lamthach, 22, of Salt Lake City, had been missing for 11 days as of Wednesday, according to a news release issued by the San Juan County Office of Emergency Management.

More at Search and rescue efforts for missing Utah man temporarily suspended in San Juan County

Although the official search remains suspended, six members of Colorado’s San Juan County Search and Rescue group continued the search over the weekend.

The group “went into the 10-mile creek area to search for missing hiker Daniel LamThach,” says a statement issued Monday by the county’s Office of Emergency Management.

The team searched remote wilderness areas through Sunday, camping each night. On Monday, the full SAR team came out to search less treacherous areas.

“There were no signs of Daniel LamThach after an intense ground search by the SAR team,” the Emergency Management statement says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josiee
Back