Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who they're trying to get disallowed now. The guy who can read the Berla (truck telematics)?
The burden of proof is on the prosecution....this judge should not prevent them from meeting that burden. A DV expert witness is one thing....one who can help the jury understand what the electronic evidence means is entirely something else. Not to mention the fact that the defense can cross-examine them.

Venison if cooked right, is amazing! Also, much more nutritious than grain fed cattle. My understanding is that it should be cooked low temp and slow for best results. I can’t see Barry throwing a venison steak on the barbi and it being done in 15 minutes. You’d need a really good set of china choppers for that! :). Or veneers? :p

The tenderloin steaks you can grill in fifteen minutes depending on the thickness of the cut. I'm sure they processed every year probably had a freezer full of ground venison, venison steaks and all that. If he shot more than they could consumer they could have donated the meat also...feels like something they might do. Most processors will gladly process and donate extra meat to organizations that combat hunger in the US. I'm no fan of venison, but everyone we know that hunts keeps a freezer full of meat. I can sorta tolerate ground venison in chili :)

Barry has no alibi. He was not where he told LE he was during specific periods of time; nor doing what he reported to LE he was doing...and that can be proven. He was the last person known to have been in Suzanne's company prior to her disappearance and since. That has already been proven. He has no alibi.
Yes I agree and have said it many times myself on these threads, BM has no alibi and it can be proven.
After following this case since day one, it is clear as water to me that BM murdered Suzanne. I think a lot of people following this case see it the same way. Personally at this point, I am hoping Suzanne’s voice is heard loud and clear at trial.

IMO the jury is the wild card so to speak. In the end, after each side rests at trial, the jury will decide BM’s fate. I can only hope and pray they come to unanimous decision and convict BM on all charges so that Suzanne receives the justice she so rightfully deserves.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

Last edited:
The tenderloin steaks you can grill in fifteen minutes depending on the thickness of the cut. I'm sure they processed every year probably had a freezer full of ground venison, venison steaks and all that. If he shot more than they could consumer they could have donated the meat also...feels like something they might do. Most processors will gladly process and donate extra meat to organizations that combat hunger in the US. I'm no fan of venison, but everyone we know that hunts keeps a freezer full of meat. I can sorta tolerate ground venison in chili :)
My husband has hunted elk and deer for over 20 years in Colorado. Always in a group with 3 to 5 others. If only one person gets an animal, they split the cost of processing and split the meat. My freezer has never NOT had venison or elk steak and chops in it. Also ground mixed with hamburger and if we’re lucky a roast.
Steaks and chops marinated for at least 24 hours in Zesty Italian salad dressing and red wine ( takes the gaminess out & tenderizes) are excellent cooked on the grill.
JMO

Ashley said in a later tweet that the judge meant overall. I think she misinterpreted. I think he was referring to the lack of evidence of domestic abuse. And DV was never a charge...it was a sentence enhancer and in my opinion if anything it goes to motive more than to the murder. If it was allowed it opens up to analysis of Suzanne's behavior during arguments which comes way to close to victim blaming for my taste and something the daughters could provide and might provide should they feel strongly their dad was being unjustly accused of something not accurate. I'm OK if they steer clear of "how did they fight" and all that marital ugliness the past two years they got plenty with the divorce arguments.
^^bbm
Wait up. Be reminded that although Colorado is a mandatory arrest state (which means that if a law enforcement officer believes that domestic violence has taken place, he or she must immediately arrest the alleged offender, and a mandatory restraining order will be issued preventing contact between the parties), domestic violence in Colorado is not a crime itself.

The state does NOT have a specific statute covering domestic violence for a separate charge but applies the evidence in the form of domestic violence sentence enhancer, upon conviction.

In other words, I think for OP to state DV was never a charge because of lack of evidence of abuse is grossly misleading.

MOO

Seems odd though that with all that venison in the freezer, there weren’t any coolers to be found o_O:oops:
ed:sp

Last edited:
^^bbm
Wait up. Be reminded that although Colorado is a mandatory arrest state (which means that if a law enforcement officer believes that domestic violence has taken place, he or she must immediately arrest the alleged offender, and a mandatory restraining order will be issued preventing contact between the parties), domestic violence in Colorado is not a crime itself.

The state does NOT have a specific statute covering domestic violence for a separate charge but applies the evidence in the form of domestic violence sentence enhancer, upon conviction.

In other words, I think for OP to state DV was never a charge because of lack of evidence of abuse is grossly misleading.

MOO
You just said the same thing. DV was not a charge against Barry it was a sentence enhancer in his case. I have said that several times now.

I wonder who they're trying to get disallowed now. The guy who can read the Berla (truck telematics)?
Just speculating.......
I'm recalling that during the PH, it seemed the defense used the software and data by the prosecutor to expand the cell phone report. Attorney DN was questioning Agent Grusing on results he'd not seen before. Perhaps the defense hoping to limit the cellular witness (another witness timing issue) to an FBI agent where they can call their own expert to counter the Agent.

You just said the same thing. DV was not a charge against Barry it was a sentence enhancer in his case. I have said that several times now.
Please, let's be clear, we did not say the same thing: I don't think my stating you can't charge a non-existent crime in Colorado (a technicality in this case), is the same as implying there was no charge for lack of evidence.

Last edited:
Venison if cooked right, is amazing! Also, much more nutritious than grain fed cattle. My understanding is that it should be cooked low temp and slow for best results. I can’t see Barry throwing a venison steak on the barbi and it being done in 15 minutes. You’d need a really good set of china choppers for that! :). Or veneers? :p
The first time I ate it I didn't like it. My grandma lied and said it was steak. She meant beef. I never tried it again, it was too gamey. Whoever processed it probably did it wrong. I stopped eating beef as well, I just eat chicken and fish.

He had the veneers, wonder how they're holding up. I just wondered if he ate what he killed or did he just take the head with the antlers and put them on the wall in the garage. :rolleyes:

I want to clarify that I think Lama has a very narrow view of domestic violence. Many modern people recognize controlling behaviors as abuse, clearly this Judge doesn't, Murphy did.
^^rsbm

Technically, since domestic violence (by definition including controlling behaviors) in Colorado is not a crime in itself, unfortunately, I think Judge Lama is correct. When Lama (not Murphy) disallowed the hearsay evidence, the alleged DV was lost. (Although I'm not convinced that Judge Lama would have made this prior to the argument by IE).

The state actually takes this definition a little further, noting that domestic violence includes situations in which someone commits a crime against another person, animal, or property with the intent to do any of the following against someone with whom he or she had an intimate relationship:
  • Punish
  • Intimidate
  • Control
  • Coerce
  • Revenge
What constitutes domestic violence in Colorado? | The Leier Law Office, LLC - 2021/09/28 05:11:44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24