Conrad Murray Trial - Closing Arguments 11-3-11

Mes just made an interesting point re: the charges. He says there was definitely enough evidence here that Dr. Murray could have also been charged with 2nd degree murder with lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter.

He said though what happens is that in cases like that where there is a thin line between the two it actually invites a hung jury. Then he gave a case example where it actually happened in CA where it hung a jury and when re-tried hung the jury again and the case was dismissed.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has watched this trial and kept those of us who couldn't informed. Talina, you did an excellent job! And thanks to peace and Isabelle for their excellent nursing knowledge!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I think we will probably have a guilty verdict by tomorrow afternoon at the latest, if the closing arguments don't last forever.

Kind of O/T, but next week I'm undergoing surgery to remove at least six kidney stones, and now I'm nervous about being put under after following this trial. I forgot to ask my doctor yesterday if they would be using propofol to put me under. I will make sure I ask when I go to check in for surgery next week though! This will be my fifth stone removal surgery, but I've never been this nervous about it! LOL

Oh my! This is exactly why Dr. Shafer took this case on and didn't charge for his services! Propofol is extremely safe, in the hands of a competent anesthesiologist, in a hospital setting. Your doctors will be doing the breathing for you during the surgery. Propofol is actually your best bet (if you are not allergic to sulfa drugs), as you will not wake up groggy and it has the fewest side effects of any current anesthesia. Best wishes to you, but please don't fret the anesthesia.

Tezi, I hope your procedure goes well. Fingers crossed and good vibes going your way.

Thank you! I feel the good vibes CarolinaMoon!

Tezi you will be fine under anesthesia as long as you do not hire Dr. Murray. Prayers and warm thoughts for a successful surgery. :)

LOL, I don't think that anyone will ever have to worry about hiring Dr. Murray again! Thank you for the prayers!

I hope your surgery goes very well tezi.

I don't think you have one thing to worry about. Even if they use propofol they will be there monitoring you constantly. Propofol is really a very safe drug when administered correctly.

I don't think there is another doctor out there that would do it so recklessly like CM.

IMO

Thanks obe! I would like to think that no other doctor would act as recklessly as CM did!

Yes, a judge can set limits of time for opening and closing arguments. They're usually reasonable (for instance in the CA trial, each side had 4 hrs for their closing arguments) and I'm surprised for Judge Pastor to give unlimited time. Lord help us if Flanagan gets up with an unlimited amount of time.

:turkey: ........ :deadhorse: .... :doorhide: ..... :anguish: .... :yuck: . :eek:hwow: .

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has watched this trial and kept those of us who couldn't informed. Talina, you did an excellent job! And thanks to peace and Isabelle for their excellent nursing knowledge!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I think we will probably have a guilty verdict by tomorrow afternoon at the latest, if the closing arguments don't last forever.

Kind of O/T, but next week I'm undergoing surgery to remove at least six kidney stones, and now I'm nervous about being put under after following this trial. I forgot to ask my doctor yesterday if they would be using propofol to put me under. I will make sure I ask when I go to check in for surgery next week though! This will be my fifth stone removal surgery, but I've never been this nervous about it! LOL

Tezi you'll do great. You'll be in an approved facility with personnel who's only focus will be on your wellbeing and safety. I can say from experience that Propofol is wonderful; patients are rarely nauseated when recovering from the anesthesia. To me that is the worst side effect of anesthesia in the recovery period.

Do you think Nicole will be in the courtroom when the verdict comes down to show her support for Murray? Will his wife be there?

Well I am shocked.:waitasec:

Involuntary manslaughter does not have to have a motive because it isn't an intentional act but Beth just said that the jury instructions will have that the jury can consider lack of motive.

WTH????????????????????:banghead:

What??????? "Lack of motive" as a mitigating factor of non-guilt????

The PT needs to remind them that CM was "absent malice." And "no malice" is a part of INVOLUNTARY manslaughter. Have a little vocabulary lesson -- which some of the TH's need as well. Especially one of 'em.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just don't think JP will let this sit there in the air. His instructions are the last thing that they will her, TG.

We're getting close. Some links have the seal up now. Some don't yet.

What??????? "Lack of motive" as a mitigating factor of non-guilt????

The PT needs to remind them that CM was "absent malice." And "no malice" is a part of INVOLUNTARY manslaughter. Have a little vocabulary lesson -- which some of the TH's need as well. Especially one of 'em.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just don't think JP will let this sit there in the air. His instructions are the last thing that they will her, TG.

Actually, reportedly jury instructions in California trials are read prior to closing arguments so I guess we'll all see in a few minutes the order of things.

And thanx to you, too, tezi, for being here...
and for all your comments as well!

I agree with the others re the safety of propofol, your docs & nurses,
and the hospital setting. I'm sure it'll all turn out great!
I'm sure you'll do great! :)

My thoughts & prayers will be with you and I'll be
hoping you have a short & not-too-painful recovery!

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

I also hope the DT doesn't minimize CM's gross negligence by saying it, MJ's death, was accidental...
and to go easy on him because accidents can happen to anyone, blah blah blah!

BTW: Who's on first?

The People have the last word.

Court seal is up... should be starting shortly

Noise in the background now ....

Judge going over list of exhibits with the jury.

Jury instructions now being given to the jury.

:seeya: Good Morning!

How long do they both get for closing? Has the judge given time limits!

Judge reviewed exhibits available; some will go into the jury room and some will be made available upon request.

Jury instructions being reviewed - 28 minutes / 14 seconds then a break; and CS

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NomDePlumme