Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
allot of 'accidental' deaths with in the family???? am I following this right?

A couple. It bugs me that the only child from his first marriage to die was the one that was adopted. I'm not trying to be critical, it's just what popped into my head when I read about it.

Not that it has anything to do with the murderers, but it's really bugging me that Byrd fought his own son to get custody of his children.

Yes, that occured to me too. So many potential "haters" of the couple that everyone loved.

All those Myspace boys seem to be shaking in their shoes. We can probably connect the dots through the entire southeast. And we haven't even touched the "other countries" yet.
Costa Rica Target for Drug Smugglers

Security here and at other ports and airports across the Central American country isn't tight enough.
And that's according to the country's authorities.

They admit this makes Costa Rica attractive to drug smugglers, says the head of the investigations agency

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPiamhkV-nQ"]YouTube - Costa Rica Target for Drug Smugglers[/ame]

What did the Billings do for a living BEFORE they met? How'd they meet anyhow?

Not that it has anything to do with the murderers, but it's really bugging me that Byrd fought his own son to get custody of his children.
I haven't read the whole thread, but do you know the whole story? Why Byrd fought for custody? I'm not going to pass judgement on something I don't know about. My neighbor across the street from me fought for custody of his grandkids because the father was a meth user and those kids were going through hell living with the druggie parents.

Yes, that occured to me too. So many potential "haters" of the couple that everyone loved.

All those Myspace boys seem to be shaking in their shoes. We can probably connect the dots through the entire southeast. And we haven't even touched the "other countries" yet.
Costa Rica Target for Drug Smugglers

Security here and at other ports and airports across the Central American country isn't tight enough.
And that's according to the country's authorities.

They admit this makes Costa Rica attractive to drug smugglers, says the head of the investigations agency

YouTube - Costa Rica Target for Drug Smugglers

Isnt that where LPG went to?

Personally ,unless you are privy to some factual information regarding the custody situation & can back up those facts/ details,that indeed has NOTHING to do with this horrific crime & imo seems baiting & unnecessary to bring up.
By all accounts the Billings were amazingly generous & good hearted people & im sure Im not alone in assuming that if they indeed "fought"for custody there was DAMN good reason for it & that should be left at that.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do you know the whole story? Why Byrd fought for custody? I'm not going to pass judgement on something I don't know about. My neighbor across the street from me fought for custody of his grandkids because the father was a meth user and those kids were going through hell living with the druggie parents.

There are to many Children where the grandparents do not take a stand and we read about those poor children everyday:furious:

Ok, now that I've finally caught up, I think I will add my 2 cents. Great work as usual, but you guys are really too fast for us mere mortals....:)

This entire story seems so crazy and disjointed that I am finding it harder to wrap my head around than probably any other recent crimes that have been discussed here on websleuths. I can't seem to get a good grasp on anything solid, but hopefully it will all begin to gel soon. Although I don't live in the area now, I grew up in Jay, FL and my family still lives there. I noticed the home that Ann Simmons granted a lien on had a Jay address, so of course I was immediately intrigued by its exact location. I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things this detail is almost surely meaningless, but I thought I would point out that the home is located in an area that would be referred to as "Chumuckla," even though it has a Jay address. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Jay&state=FL&address=2787+Hwy+182&zipcode=32565

Anyone who is familiar with the area will get a good kick out of my making this distinction.....LOL I'm almost certain I don't know this person (yes, Jay is so small I expect to know someone who lives there), but I plan to quiz my mom 1st thing in the morning to see if she or my dad have heard anything about this connection or are familiar with Ann Simmons. I really hope they can shed some type of light on this situation....no matter how little.

After reading through all of these pages, I keep going back to one thing in my head - the Trademark/Copyright document. I have no idea if this will ultimately have anything to do with these horrible murders, but as an attorney I think it is a totally strange aspect to this story. I'm not an intellectual property atty and probably could have gone to that class more, but I am pretty sure that isn't the normal language/purpose of a similar document. No matter what it means in the final story, I don't think I can go to sleep until I figure out WTF this is exactly....:waitasec:

I think these murders are totally evil and will most likely be rooted in the crazed mind of JR with a lot of these loose ends being just weird coincidences, but I think most would agree they are weird with a capital W.

I'm going to start a new thread. Get ready to move on over. I'l be right back with a link.

Personally ,unless you are privy to some factual information regarding the custody situation & can back up those facts/ details,that indeed has NOTHING to do with this horrific crime & imo seems baiting & unnecessary to bring up.
By all accounts the Billings were amazingly generous & good hearted people & im sure Im not alone in assuming that if they indeed "fought"for custody there was DAMN good reason for it & that should be left at that.

I think Chicana was simply stating how it occured to her. There may be circumstances that totally justify their intercession, but it does seem. . .harsh.

And because this is such a complex case, we are looking in alot of directions. Does anyone know if Michael Billings reconcilled or was even estranged from his folks?

As far as the business side of hinky - my meter is off the charts.

This article, while totally unrelated (as far as we know), is about a businessman in Sarasota who was recently convicted of drug smuggling and money laundering. Another article about this refrenced Costa Rica as the pick up point.

I'm having this thread locked. Please continue at the below link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3958560#post3958560"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59