Crime Scene Animation by Websleuths Member grayhuze

What bothers me is that I contacted Tricia because i thought my animation skills could halp websleuths in future crimes. I have made videos that show that I can accurately portray a crime scene. For example i created a video of Jodi's version and used her testimony and it's exactly what she said. I didn't come here to debate Kevin horn and Flores but you all have heard what I believe because the focus seems to be all about the sequencing. Yes, I have done a ton of research on it and feel comfortable with my conclusion and theories. But what I wanted to do was to perhaps create screen shots or angles or whatever any of you want using my models. What I truly didn't want was to come here and be picked apart on some videos I have made. I have made many other videos that are humorous regarding arias as well and some of you have messaged me and appreciated them. For example, the twitter video.http://youtu.be/jXd0IPu_9XM, the one with a 3d character named betty who reads the letter from arias to her supporters regarding the book written by JVM. http://youtu.be/FK_13x4dy6w. or how about my video on "art work" by Jodi. http://youtu.be/7dH8zylSvYI. Anyhow, I am tired of talking about the dura mater and whether he was incapacitated. I think he wasn't incapacitated for sure but i can buy that the dura mater was not intact. OK? Now if any of you want to know any other aspect of the crime scene I am happy to whip up an image for you. But to be honest, this isn't the experience I thought I was signing up for. I have noticed, sadly, that much of the same passive aggressive behavior happens on this site as on many others. I had hoped it to be different.

BBM
I'm not sure who said this, but it isn't true.

A bullet cannot pass through the skull without breaking the dura mater.

Horn's autopsy said that. Oh, that's right...it was typo.

What bothers me is that I contacted Tricia because i thought my animation skills could halp websleuths in future crimes. I have made videos that show that I can accurately portray a crime scene. For example i created a video of Jodi's version and used her testimony and it's exactly what she said. I didn't come here to debate Kevin horn and Flores but you all have heard what I believe because the focus seems to be all about the sequencing. Yes, I have done a ton of research on it and feel comfortable with my conclusion and theories. But what I wanted to do was to perhaps create screen shots or angles or whatever any of you want using my models. What I truly didn't want was to come here and be picked apart on some videos I have made. I have made many other videos that are humorous regarding arias as well and some of you have messaged me and appreciated them. For example, the twitter video.http://youtu.be/jXd0IPu_9XM, the one with a 3d character named betty who reads the letter from arias to her supporters regarding the book written by JVM. http://youtu.be/FK_13x4dy6w. or how about my video on "art work" by Jodi. http://youtu.be/7dH8zylSvYI. Anyhow, I am tired of talking about the dura mater and whether he was incapacitated. I think he wasn't incapacitated for sure but i can buy that the dura mater was not intact. OK? Now if any of you want to know any other aspect of the crime scene I am happy to whip up an image for you. But to be honest, this isn't the experience I thought I was signing up for. I have noticed, sadly, that much of the same passive aggressive behavior happens on this site as on many others. I had hoped it to be different.
BBM. Nobody is questioning your animation skills, in fact several of us, myself included have praised them. What we take issue with is your saying this version is "an accurate depiction of events", because you seem to hold a grudge against Dr. Horn. Unbiased would be to do another video with the gunshot last, and include all the stills, even the one I referenced earlier with what I think are stun gun arcing in it.
You even invited challenge at the end of one of the Jodi videos.
Even if the gunshot was first, it's still inaccurate, because it's physically impossible for the Dura Mater to have remained intact. If you've done the anatomical research it would seem this is something you should know.

There are two problems with your graphics.

1. They are seriously out of scale.
2. The entry angle and straight direction of travel are purely speculative.

And, regardless of the actual entry angle, it is simply not possible for a bullet to pass through the frontal skull and miss the brain.

Why? Because there's nowhere else for it to go. It most certainly cannot travel through the dura mater, or subarachnoid space. The dura mater is only about 0.3 mm to 0.5 mm thick. The entire meninges (everything between the skull and the brain) are only about 2.5 mm (1/10") thick.

Your statement is inaccurate. Are you saying that the frontal lobe is flush against the bone? If there is a gap, then the right angle can miss the brain.

This does not answer my question, so I'll try again. There was an exit hole in the cranial plate - that's on the autopsy report, testified to at trial and a picture of it exhibited at trial. Those are facts. Your answer saying what it looks like to you (somehow going under the frontal lobe) is not supported by that evidence. If it exited that area, it had to enter it, right? So how does it get out of the area that contains the brain without going through the brain?

Understood, and now that you are acknowledging that exit point, we know that the original bullet path is unknown without that information. As Horn said: "It may have been deflected by the bone, since it's passing through the skull. So, it's position in the cheek may not be the- the actual trajectory at the beginning of its path." Would still like to hear how it could have missed the brain though, since it had to have been in that cavity.

The arrows on that picture are not suggesting that is the actual entry point - it's simply there to show about where on the skull the bullet entered as related to the exit point.

The word "somewhat" in the text is not describing the level of decomp, as you keep saying. It is describing his ability to examine the brain being somewhat limited because of the decomp. Since the brain was "pudding" like, the wound track had disappeared, IOW. But he was able to determine little bleeding and no foreign objects, etc. He describes the level of decomp at trial in several places when he's describing the autopsy pics on direct, using terms of mummification, discoloration, marbling, slippage and bloating which were shown on the pictures. He also talked about it on cross during surrebuttal. He describes it as at the medium level of decomposition, and tells Willmott "that's pretty far along".

I think you've already found the answer to this, but just FTR, the image capture was taken from Juan's closing, not from Horn's testimony where he is describing what damage it shows.
right, what I am saying is that the examination of the brain was mildly affected by the decomposition of the brain. Which means he was relatively certain but placed a disclaimer of decomposition.

BBM. Nobody is questioning your animation skills, in fact several of us, myself included have praised them. What we take issue with is your saying this version is "an accurate depiction of events", because you seem to hold a grudge against Dr. Horn. Unbiased would be to do another video with the gunshot last, and include all the stills, even the one I referenced earlier with what I think are stun gun arcing in it.
Even if the gunshot was first, it's still inaccurate, because it's physically impossible for the Dura Mater to have remained intact. If you've done the anatomical research it would seem this is something you should know.

No, I don't hold a grudge against horn. I just found his comments regarding the sequencing unbelievable. Do any of you believe that he doesn't remember speaking to the lead detective in the arias case even once? the most important case of his career. Well, that is what he said. "I don't recall ever speaking to detective Flores about this case" wow

lots of the comments have gone beyond challenge. Oh well.

Here is my belief. I believe that Travis was shot first while in the shower and did not die and was not immediately incapacitated. Exactly what the prosecution believed until 2011. That's it. The other stuff is why and how I think that.

Your statement is inaccurate. Are you saying that the frontal lobe is flush against the bone? If there is a gap, then the right angle can miss the brain.

No, I'm not saying that the frontal lobe is flush against the bone, because it isn't. The meninges - comprised of the dura mater, subarachnoid space, etc. - lie between the bone and the brain.

But, the meninges are only 2.5 mm (1/10") thick. So, your suggestion that the bullet could have traveled through the dura mater and subarachnoid space - thereby missing the brain - is clearly impossible.

No, I'm not saying that the frontal lobe is flush against the bone, because it isn't. The meninges - comprised of the dura mater, subarachnoid space, etc. - lie between the bone and the brain.

But, the meninges are only 2.5 mm (1/10") thick. So, your suggestion that the bullet could have traveled through the dura mater and subarachnoid space - thereby missing the brain - is clearly impossible.
Is it possible the bullet passed through then went under the frontal log as that portions sticks out. Lets say the brain was struck. is it possible he wasn't immediately incapacitated.

Grayhuze, what it sounds like you're saying is that you want to be able to be able to retrofit "evidence" based on subjects that you know nothing about to your own predetermined conclusions, that nobody should be able to call your methods or results into question, and that, if anyone does, you're just going to take your ball and go home because you don't want to hear it.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to be objective and look at facts, and not take it personally when you're wrong or likely wrong about something. It's very ALV-esque and unbecoming.

Grayhuze, what it sounds like you're saying is that you want to be able to be able to retrofit "evidence" based on subjects that you know nothing about to your own predetermined conclusions, that nobody should be able to call your methods or results into question, and that, if anyone does, you're just going to take your ball and go home because you don't want to hear it.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to be objective and look at facts, and not take it personally when you're wrong or likely wrong about something. It's very ALV-esque and unbecoming.

see your comments are the ones I am referring to. You claim I am doing something when I am not. I see evidence very clearly. I just see it differently than you. I am 100 percent sure the gunshot was first. That's it. The dura mater issue isn't really that important but struck me as odd that such a crucial piece of evidence showing that the bullet hit the brain was a "Typo" It may very well be one or he didn't examine the dura mater correctly. But your constant badgering on this topic is totally ridiculous. do you have the ability to discuss any other aspects of the case?

Again, I asked Tricia if I could be some service helping solve crimes that websleuths has. I have made a bunch of Arias videos out of interest. I spent hundreds of hours on the crime scene. Somehow I was put into an arias thread to discuss my animations apparently. What I would like to do is created new crime scenes and create animations based on what people think.

Sadly, this IS a hot button topic and we are nearly at the end of this God forsaken fiasco of a trial, and knowing the defense team and their uncanny ability to TAKE ANYTHING... and I mean anything and turn it into a motion for mistrial or prosecutorial misconduct with the end game being the release of their cold blooded, slaughtering, murdering client... then I think you can maybe understand posters on this forum... who have been here for YEARS being apprehensive or offended.

Please Gray, try to see it from that perspective, at least.

I think you are exceptionally talented and I have wondered for a long time about the gunshot being first but you pretty much lost me- when you said you are 100% certain that your portrayal and account is accurate.

Sadly, this IS a hot button topic and we are nearly at the end of this God forsaken fiasco of a trial, and knowing the defense team and their uncanny ability to TAKE ANYTHING... and I mean anything and turn it into a motion for mistrial or prosecutorial misconduct with the end game being the release of their cold blooded, slaughtering, murdering client... then I think you can maybe understand posters on this forum... who have been here for YEARS being apprehensive or offended.

Please Gray, try to see it from that perspective, at least.

I think you are exceptionally talented and I have wondered for a long time about the gunshot being first but you pretty much lost me- when you said you are 100% certain that your portrayal and account is accurate.

Well, you innacurately represented what I said. I said I am 100 percent sure that the gunshot was first and that Travis was not immediately incapacitating.

see your comments are the ones I am referring to. You claim I am doing something when I am not. I see evidence very clearly. I just see it differently than you. I am 100 percent sure the gunshot was first. That's it. The dura mater issue isn't really that important but struck me as odd that such a crucial piece of evidence showing that the bullet hit the brain was a "Typo" It may very well be one or he didn't examine the dura mater correctly. But you constant badgering on this topic is totally ridiculous. do you have the ability to discuss any other aspects of the case?

Grayhuze, if it appears that there's constant badgering re the dura mater, perhaps it's because you don't seem willing to understand or accept why it is obviously a typo:

It is anatomically impossible for the bullet to perforate the skull without also perforating the dura mater.

So, if Dr. Horn has stated (earlier in the Report) that the bullet has perforated the skull, what should the subsequent statement be regarding the dura mater?

Well, you innacurately represented what I said. I said I am 100 percent sure that the gunshot was first and that Travis was not immediately incapacitating.

My apologies, I worded it wrong, but you lost me there. In the absence of absolute proof- even a 99% chance would be ok.

Anyway, I do think you are talented, I appreciate your opinion and think you have a lot to offer with your abilities.

I hope everyone will be able to find some common ground. You are extremely talented and have worked very hard to become good at what you do- it shows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcleavenger
Back