CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would take time to figure out whose blood it is no matter. The only thing that would strike them if they were the clothes that she was known to be wearing the day she went missing. They have to get her DNA -- which they probably have done already -- but it's not like a home pregnancy test.

The items found may be what Annie was carrying into the building. In fact when asked specifically what Annie was carrying Lorimar would not say. It does not make sense to me (in this particular case) that bloody clothes would be left and a wounded or deceased victim would be disposed somewhere else seperately. I would think they would be kept together. If the perp's clothes were bloody why not put a lab coat over and button up. I am just brainstorming.... Thoughts?

No tomatoes from me, Goldie Finch~ I think that is a plausible theory and I hope it is something like that which has happened to her (altho it would be sad if she did lose her baby). The alternative is certainly not anything anyone would wish upon her.

Suzi~ There could be a number of reasons for a steam being used in such a laboratory. This may be why they don't think it is related since it has readily been explained away by a professor or a student. Maybe it is something that makes perfect sense and was proven to be something normally done which happened to trigger the heat sensors.

Ceiling tiles ... Would an average person think of hiding something in that space, I guess so, but is anyone thinking Janitor or Building Mnt person?

Ok, here's my take on the body issue. I think LE has found something that indicates that they are looking for a body and not a live person. I think that somehow translated to finding a body causing the misreporting. Until they do have a body they just are not going to say anything. And with the Feds leading the way, they aren't going to say squat.

And outside the Yale VP acting like she was giving a graduation speech, I thought the presser was typical of one where info was not going to be shared. I didn't think the two women were happy, smiling or inappropriate at all. JMO of course.

There were two inappropriately smiling women: Linda Lorimer, Vice-President at Yale University, and FBI Special Agent, Kim Mertz (from AngelWhoCares link below.)

Both acted as if they were introducing Chamber of Commerce members to a group of children.

OT~ skip please, if you aren't interested in an off topic post.

I hope that the FBI gives Ms. Mertz what is called an After Action Review in the military. In that they sit her down, make her watch frame by frame what she did and point out to her what she did wrong and inform her what she will do next time she is in that position.

As for Ms. Lorimer. I hope that the student body, the alumni, and the community at large speaks out about her inappropriate demeanor. She may not have the skills to be in front of the camera. In that case, another should take her place in the future. The ppl in charge won't take action unless they are told that her demeanor was offensive. IMHO.

The items found may be what Annie was carrying into the building. In fact when asked specifically what Annie was carrying Lorimar would not say. It does not make sense to me (in this particular case) that bloody clothes would be left and a wounded or deceased victim would be disposed somewhere else seperately. I would think they would be kept together. If the perp's clothes were bloody why not put a lab coat over and button up. I am just brainstorming.... Thoughts?

But why would they be in ceiling tiles? Not that we know that to be right.

We always hear from LE when a body is found but they will not usually reveal the identity even if they know for sure who it is..Is this what you mean by premature disclosure? If so, I clearly get it..If not, I def do not! :confused:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I also see "through" FBI stating "cetegorically". There's an absolute reason for that choice of word. I firmly believe this.

FBI: Student's body has not been found
By Harrison Korn and Paul Needham
Staff Reporter, Staff Reporter
Published Saturday, September 12, 2009
<snipped>
Reports that Annie Le's MED ’13 body was recovered from the lab where she was last seen Tuesday are untrue, law enforcement officials said Saturday.

At a press conference outside Woodbridge Hall this evening, officials from the University and law enforcement agencies also confirmed that evidence had been retrieved from the research facility at 10 Amistad St., but said that it had not yet been tied to Le. A New Haven Police Department official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said earlier today that bloody clothes and other items had been...

*NOTE: Fellow classmates are posting comments here!

Article:
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/u...body-has-been-found-authorities-say/comments/

:angel:
I have noticed that "Joe" person has been touting the theory of the secluded and locked bathroom scenario repeatedly on other stories about her. Strange.

WFSB for sure. But WTNH missed the ball on this one also. Which begs the question who and why would a source put out that bad information?

I truly don't think it was necessarily bad info. I am really thinking it was premature reporting and the source is covering theirself by not coming forward. This could be why the FBI made the initial statement, instead of the local New Haven police or State Police of Connecticut. Again, jmo.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I also see "through" FBI stating "cetegorically". There's an absolute reason for that choice of word. I firmly believe this.

IMO, she's saying she is flatly denying there has been a body found. Or absolutely there has not been a body found.

I truly don't think it was necessarily bad info. I am really thinking it was premature reporting and the source is covering theirself by not coming forward. This could be why the FBI made the initial statement, instead of the local New Haven police or State Police of Connecticut. Again, jmo.
You don't think reporting that a body has been found was "bad information"?

Comcast? That's a cable provider. Like saying DIRECTV is reporting something. Sorry, this was reported by a couple of locals and the Daily News for a short time. NO NEWS NETWORKS, not FOX NEWS and certainly not CNN. Re-reporting what someone else is saying is not REPORTING.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but are you seriously kidding me? Comcast pulls from everyone and advises - which is the same meaning as reporting. Once something is put on the radio, is put into print, or is aired on television - it is reported no matter how much you want to argue about it. If one company covers it first and another picks it up, it's still reporting the info. It is what it is.

Ceiling tiles ... Would an average person think of hiding something in that space, I guess so, but is anyone thinking Janitor or Building Mnt person?
Possible, but you would think a Janitor or Mnt person would have other ways to shuffle bloody clothing and a body out of the building in a cart, bucket, or tool box perhaps.

I would lean more towards someone who was going to be seen by peers or others who would need to remove the articles and leave them in the room to avoid suspicion. They would also need other clothing unless the items left were like a lab coat, safety glasses, etc. I tend to think the clothing was on the perp and not her clothes.

OT~ skip please, if you aren't interested in an off topic post.

I hope that the FBI gives Ms. Mertz what is called an After Action Review in the military. In that they sit her down, make her watch frame by frame what she did and point out to her what she did wrong and inform her what she will do next time she is in that position.

As for Ms. Lorimer. I hope that the student body, the alumni, and the community at large speaks out about her inappropriate demeanor. She may not have the skills to be in front of the camera. In that case, another should take her place in the future. The ppl in charge won't take action unless they are told that her demeanor was offensive. IMHO.

Excellent and for starters they need to inform her that you do not grin like a cheshire cat when you are speaking about a missing person!!

I think we also have to keep in mind this is a University setting. Would it possible at this point they have suspect in mind but have not been able to locate him? How would they know if he may be suicidal at this point and may not mind taking a few other out with him. Over the top I admit, but possible in a campus setting.

Something else, a person was questioned...we don't know if it was official police questioning or just regular questioning to put together a timeline. What about if they have somebody in mind, at the police station or under surveilance, and can't charge until they can link evidence to the perp? Once somebody is charged, can't they lawyer up immediately and that would stall police questioning? Again, just brainstorming. I can't get the FBI lady's word out of my head...sorry.

UPDATED: FBI: Student's body has not been found
Staff Reporter, Staff Reporter
Published Saturday, September 12, 2009
<snipped>
At a press conference outside Woodbridge Hall this evening, officials from the University and law enforcement agencies also confirmed that evidence had been retrieved from the research facility at 10 Amistad St., but said that it had not yet been tied to Le. A New Haven Police Department official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said earlier today that bloody clothes and other items had been retrieved from a ceiling in the building, and two Yale Police Department officers said that 10 Amistad St. is now the site of a crime scene.

Still, authorities at the press conference said there was no evidence of foul play in Le's disappearance.

"We are not in the position today to conclude whether this is a missing person case, or whether criminality is involved," FBI Special Agent Kim Mertz said. "We have conducted numerous interviews, and I can assure you no lead is going uncovered."

Mertz said Saturday that authorities have spoken to "numerous people" who saw Le inside the facility at 10 Amistad St. but declined to give any further details.

University Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer speaks to reporters outside Woodbridge Hall on Saturday regarding the disappearance of Annie Le MED '13.
lorimer2_jpg_512x1000_q85.jpg

Kimberly Mertz, a special agent with the FBI, addresses reporters outside Woodbridge Hall on Saturday as University Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer, at right, looks on.
presser1_jpg_200x1000_q85.jpg

The Yale Police Department and the FBI, led in Connecticut by Special Agent Kimberly Mertz, above, are running the investigation into the disappearance of Annie Le MED '13.
mertz_jpg_200x1000_q85.jpg

Reporters at the press conference outside Woodbridge Hall regarding the disappearance of Annie Le MED '13.
media_jpg_200x1000_q85.jpg

Article:
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/12/no-body-has-been-found-authorities-say/

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member