CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out that her body was found in a news report before logging into websleuths.

The news article said that her body was found "behind a wall"--and I was picturing like behind a cement partition wall. I was shocked when I got on here and read her body was actually found "inside a wall." Thanks for clarifying that.

Does anyone know what Annie was carrying in her arms in the last seen photo of her? Just curious. Thanks in advance delete if this has been answered.

An opened book with a notebook/folder underneath of it.

Such a sad thing to know this lovely, bright lady with her whole life in front of her has had her life taken away. Sadder still that she is found on a day that should have been one of her happiest. RIP Annie.

This on CBS news...

Police would not confirm reports that another student was being questioned and had failed a lie detector test, CBS News correspondent Randall Pinkston reported on CBS' "The Early Show." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/14/national/main5309172.shtml?tag=stack

I think the dogs are lifesavers, wonderful tools. But I noticed they waited and brought in cadaver's Friday night. (PS my son has Autism too!) :)
It seems the cadaver dogs would have hit immediately....Just saying.
Oh,I gotcha. Maybe they had to have some indication that something did happen to her.Until they found the bloody clothes and evidence of a crime scene,she was just a missing person. Again,just playing devil's advocate,but the more likely scenario would be something happening to her OUTSIDE of such a secure building. The rush outside during the firealarm really confused the situation. Was she even still inside? I thought she was,but from LE's point of view you can't make assumptions like that.
I do wish more had been done sooner,but I can understand LE's timetable.So many cases go unsolved for months or years,sometimes forever.I'm glad she was found as quickly as she was,aand that there is so much evidence in place to catch who did it. I understand your frustration,though.

An autopsy was being performed Monday morning on the human remains authorities believe are those of Yale grad student Annie Le, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner said.
Dr. Wayne Carver, the chief medical examiner in Connecticut, is expected to make a formal finding of cause and manner of death by the afternoon, she said.
Carver's office will then decide if and how to make those findings public, she said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...med-on-body-believed-to-be-annie-le-1.1445629

Such a sad thing to know this lovely, bright lady with her whole life in front of her has had her life taken away. Sadder still that she is found on a day that should have been one of her happiest. RIP Annie.

This on CBS news...

Police would not confirm reports that another student was being questioned and had failed a lie detector test, CBS News correspondent Randall Pinkston reported on CBS' "The Early Show." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/14/national/main5309172.shtml?tag=stack
~snip
The New York Post and the New York Daily News suggested in their stories that a student may have failed a polygraph regarding Le's disappearance — a report that police officials quickly shot down.
“It’s absolutely not true,” New Haven Police Department Assistant Chief Stephanie Redding said by telephone late last night.
~snip
http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/14/police-shoot-down-report-about-polygraph/

An opened book with a notebook/folder underneath of it.

The cam shot of Annie first looked to me like small animal but too puffy to be a notebook.

What a loss of a brilliant life.... and human being that could have helped others.

Rest in Peace Annie!

IIRC, 'Today' reported that authorities have yet to identify the items Annie was carrying.

I blew up the picture and she's carrying an open book (a thick one) and has a folder or notebook underneath of it. Let me see if I can find it since I didn't save it. I'll go to my temp internet files & if I can't find it, I'll look for the clear pic that I blew up in paintshop. Sorry, I should have linked it. Give me some time :)

I blew up the picture and she's carrying an open book (a thick one) and has a folder or notebook underneath of it. Let me see if I can find it since I didn't save it. I'll go to my temp internet files & if I can't find it, I'll look for the clear pic that I blew up in paintshop. Sorry, I should have linked it. Give me some time :)

No rush JerseyGirl! That's what I thought it looked like so I'm glad you saw it too. I just wasn't sure if it had yet been 'confirmed' by LE.

wm:blowkiss:

I thought it hadn't been identified yet. Do you have a link?

No, I blew it up in Paintshop, I'm looking through my temp files now. Please forgive me for not pasting or saving. I'm looking for the clear pic I used so I can do it again and post the pic for you all. Sorry :( :blowkiss:

No rush JerseyGirl! That's what I thought it looked like so I'm glad you saw it too. I just wasn't sure if it had yet been 'confirmed' by LE.

wm:blowkiss:

ITA, it looked to be the size of a large city phonebook with soft cover and thin pages.

I LOVE you for saying this b/c I found the same thing but was reluctant to post it b/c what happens if he's innocent in the bigger scheme of things. I'm extremely political and have followed the stock market ever since the big Enron scam. I used to work for CitiBank & I remember a guy was getting into trouble for NOT fixing one of the funding accounts, which happened to have over a hundred subaccounts. He knew their accounting was off 2 years before the scandal hit the airways - but CitiBank wouldn't hear of it b/c all they wanted to do was appease Enron. Well, their stock started dropping when questions were being asked, etc. In following the fallout of it all, I came across Imclone and became totally immersed in why these researchers do what they do with stealing patents as well as research data. Alot of people don't realize how big a deal it is to clone something, a sheep be it, or something else. With Yale being one of the first universities to do this, it made them even more rich than they already were/are. If you can clone a sheep, then you can clone a limb that a soldier happened to have lost in war...then you can clone a heart that happens to be deficient in a dying wealthy person that will pay to have the necessary trial surgery...then you can clone a person and in turn clone a president or other world leader. Cloning requires certain cells...of which can be derived from stem cells...hence, my reluctancy to push aside altogether the political aspect of it all. Knowing stem cell research was done in that facility and knowing now the research she was involved in, these aren't just scientists that are doing everyday lab experiments - THESE ARE BRILLIANT MINDS USING THAT RESEARCH LAB AT AMISTAD! Sorry to say this, but they are far more brilliant than your everyday intelligent person. I myself am fluent in my knowledge and intelligent in what I've immersed my brain in, but I can't even compare to the level of intelligence these people have. Not to be taken out of context...please. Somebody knows something...if not know, then there has to be a strong suspicion...moo. BTW - Enron was just an example of corporate greed, but it's factual and I know because I WAS THERE and saw the printouts of stuff this guy was working on.

I don't want to generalize,but in my experience when encountering "brilliant" people of the level you are referring to,many are very socially inept.They are only barely interested in other people on a human level.They could easily see others as expendable and not worthy of needing to live another day.I sound extreme,but it's just the very brilliant people I know,some in my hubby's family,aren't always empathetic.It was suggested by one of them that the money spent on saving our son [adopted],who has medical and developmental challenges,was a waste. They often seem to have tunnel vision where their work and their interests lie,to the exclusion of their family life.
JMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

Care to elaborate on his connection that day to Annie?

She was his TA, he canceled his class, he reported getting an email at noon, he was questioned by police, said he was like a parent, immediately worried when no one could find her, and also, said Annie did not feel safe in New Haven. I admit it's not much but, it's more than we've heard of anyone else.

Does anyone know what time the class was supposed to take place? I was assuming it was after 12:00, but only because Schlesslinger says he got an email at noon.

I can't help but think that whatever Annie was carrying is pertinent in that the perpetrator used it as a ruse to get her to the basement. This may be why she left her belongings at Sterling, thinking it would be a quick trip. Her lab partners may have then been alarmed when she did not return to the group at Sterling and notified Bennett. This is just speculation on my part but I found it strange Lorimar would not disclose what the items were. If the items were just papers/notebook why keep that so secretive?

FYI - My biology book was over 5 pounds...probably could be close to 10, although I never put it on a scale. It was heavier than a bowling ball, if you can believe that! I'm logging off for a few since it'll probably time me out anyway, I'm looking for the picture. Be back in a few...

I can't help but think that whatever Annie was carrying is pertinent in that the perpetrator used it as a ruse to get her to the basement. This may be why she left her belongings at Sterling, thinking it would be a quick trip. Her lab partners may have then been alarmed when she did not return to the group at Sterling and notified Bennett. This is just speculation on my part but I found it strange Lorimar would not disclose what the items were. If the items were just papers why keep that so secretive?

The basement is where she did most of her research, I believe it's where her lab is/was...

ITA, it looked to be the size of a large city phonebook with soft cover and thin pages.

Yes or a large textbook....like a biology textbook. Perhaps she was reviewing the lesson for her 12 noon TA class. JMO

Jerseygirl, Thanks for volunteering to enlarge the pic. I'm grateful for sleuths like you who are tech saavy!..otherwise I'd be :banghead:

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members