Identified! CT - Norwich, WhtMale 40-50, UP117713, skeleton found in back of vehicle, Mar'24 - William Henneforth

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Norwich John Doe - 3 March 2024

On March, 3, 2024, human remains were discovered inside a vehicle at TCB Autobody Sales in Norwich, Connecticut. The remains are estimated to have been there "for months." The business is apparently closed, as it has not shown activity during typical business hours and both numbers associated with the business are not-in-service. The business status is listed as “forfeited” on the Secretary of the State’s business filing section of its website. The remains have been sent for an autopsy (per the Day).

One article from Patch states there were two sets of remains, one male and one female, but the latest and most extensive article on the event from the the Day implies there is only a single set of male remains. The remains are described as "not recognizable" and a "near complete or complete skeleton" on NamUs. There is a possible name "William Hennforth" given, but no context as to what makes this a possible identity.

As of March 8, only a John Doe associated with this case has been entered into NamUs.

Overview:
  • DBF: 3 March 2024
  • NamUs Created: 7 March 2024
  • Poss Name: William Henneforth
Demographics:
  • Race: White
  • Sex: Male
  • Hair: Blond/Strawberry
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 40lbs
  • Eyes: N/A (missing)
  • PMI: 5 mo (2023)
Links
NamUs: UP117713
Yahoo News
Patch (Paywall)
The Day (Paywall)

Not sure how accurate this is but there is a William Henneforth with associations to Norwich, CT.

I find it interesting that there is already a possible identity but they went ahead and made a NamUs profile. I will be curious to know where they got this name (assuming we ever know). Maybe he is the last listed owner for the vehicle in which the body was found?

There is also someone by that name and location on Facebook, but this man displays gray hair and a short beard.

Last edited:
Not sure how accurate this is but there is a William Henneforth with associations to Norwich, CT.

I find it interesting that there is already a possible identity but they went ahead and made a NamUs profile. I will be curious to know where they got this name (assuming we ever know). Maybe he is the last listed owner for the vehicle in which the body was found?

There is also someone by that name and location on Facebook, but this man displays gray hair and a short beard.
Yes, and family is easily able to be deduced via poking around on FB. Hopefully they reach out!

Well dang. I tried accessing it for two hours and it kept taking me back to the home page. Now I can see it.

He has no comparisons yet.
That's weird. Too bad no exclusions yet. :(

I have found that the owner of the dealership that the body was found, is Peter "Pete" Oddo Sr, who also owns a bar in CT called "Pistol Pete's". I've also found another dealer/shop location owned by Pete Oddo Sr in Norwich called "Rose City Auto Sales & Service". Seems to have quite a few ties in the community, strange that one of the dealerships would have a revoked status but there's another lot also.

Yes one of the articles mentioned the dealership/body shop was listed as "indigent" (or something) on some record somewhere. The numbers that are associated with the business and on its signs are non-working.

If the business was abandoned I can see where someone could park an old crapbox car containing a body on the property and nobody would question it. Of course we don't know what the car was...I'm just theorizing. Here is a link to the business as captured by Google in 2018.

There are no comparisons as of 4/5/24.

Wonder what the status of this Doe is. They have a possible name (which could come from a number of different things) but the one Will Henneforth I found online from the area does not match the physical. They still have that possible name listed on NamUs.

WINY News
FROM THE WINY RADIO NEWSROOM: FROM NORWICH POLICE: HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED

April 5, 2024
At approximately 2:45 pm on Sunday March 3, 2024, Norwich Police Dispatch received a call from a citizen reporting the possible discovery of human remains. This discovery was made inside of a box truck style vehicle, on the commercial property of 267 North Main Street, Norwich, CT.

Members of the Norwich Police Department Patrol and Detective Divisions responded and confirmed the remains were human. Personnel from the Chief Medical Examiner’s office responded to assist with the investigation.

Following an autopsy and DNA examinations, the remains have been identified as the following male resident of Norwich:
William A. Henneforth
Date of Birth 1/19/1970

William Henneforth, who was last known to be homeless, was reported missing by friends on October 15, 2023. In the days and weeks following this report, Norwich Police Department personnel conducted multiple searches and follow-ups to no avail.

No further information is available at this time. Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact Detective Pete Karasuk at (860) 886-5561.

His NamUs was modified April 25, 2024. Maybe this is because they're about to remove it or move it to unclaimed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back