E-Pass Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ? would be. If she had her mom's suv. How did she get there to get? and how did she get it back there and leave without anyone confronting her?

To me the Tony's Jee makes more since. George said he lost her.

I have a question about the Epass and SunPass transponders and not having to deal with them in my state maybe someone in FL that uses them can clarify for me.

Is each transponder encoded with the vehicle information that it is registered to (ie - contains the tag number, description of the make / model).

If so and just say that one was taken from a car and used by a school bus, would it show that the registered owner of the Epass and SunPass transponder and their information (tag & make) went through the toll.

If so then then she could have been driving any vehicle and it would show CA's or GA's vehicle information.

Just thinking out loud.

I believe it is the same as where I live and here the pass is registered to a particular vehicle. You can take the pass and move it to a different vehicle and your statement would not reflect this - it would show transactions as occurring to the registered vehicle.

Of course there are video cameras at some toll booths to clear up ambiguity for LE.

I didn't go to the detail of finding exact model years and colors, but, here's a quick & dirty side-by-side of these two models from behind. Still doable...

Slide1-1.jpg

I agree, unless you were sitting still and within two cars lenght or less you would have a hard time telling them apart. Especially if he spotted her coming around a corner or crossing an intersection and it not really registering in his mind at first and then using his rearview mirror to see if was her. Then he would have to do a u-turn and try to catch up and by then there could be enough distance between them that he would not be able to tell and just went on his gut feeling.

As far as keeping up with her on the highway, heck following a car in traffic is hard to do even when your are suppose to be followig them and they know you are let alone someone who is trying to ditch you.

Now where was Cindy? This would be a Sunday so was she not home and she was out with George and in the car with him or was George working an extra shift and was on his way home when he spotted the car. Was Cindy at home and Casey was able to start up the car and drive away. It being a Sunday is throwing me off. Dang I wish he had given more details about it.

I have a question about the Epass and SunPass transponders and not having to deal with them in my state maybe someone in FL that uses them can clarify for me.

Is each transponder encoded with the vehicle information that it is registered to (ie - contains the tag number, description of the make / model).

If so and just say that one was taken from a car and used by a school bus, would it show that the registered owner of the Epass and SunPass transponder and their information (tag & make) went through the toll.

If so then then she could have been driving any vehicle and it would show CA's or GA's vehicle information.

Just thinking out loud.

You are correct, Georgia. We have 2 SunPass transponders that are registered to two of our 3 vehicles. We have switched them back and forth so many times that we now have no recollection of which transponder really goes to which vehicle. There have also been many times we have lent the SunPass transponder to visiting relatives to use in their personal vehicles.

When this is factored in, the reliability of this documentation becomes somewhat diluted. The only thing it validates is that someone passed through the identified toll at the annotated time with a transponder belonging to one of the A's.

You are correct, Georgia. We have 2 SunPass transponders that are registered to two of our 3 vehicles. We have switched them back and forth so many times that we now have no recollection of which transponder really goes to which vehicle. There have also been many times we have lent the SunPass transponder to visiting relatives to use in their personal vehicles.

When this is factored in, the reliability of this documentation becomes somewhat diluted. The only thing it validates is that someone passed through the identified toll at the annotated time with a transponder belonging to one of the A's.

Thanks, that was the conclusion I was headed to also, I had received a few PM's wanting me to incorporate the EPass information into the Ping Maps but I was having trouble verifying any of the information in order to do that.

I think for now I will hold off and see if any other information comes out of these discussions.

thanks for the explanation. :)

. . . and on another note, my son and I are down here in Orlando for the search, got here last night so he could be here for the team leader training today. We are from the FL panhandle and that's why we have a SunPass. Since we got here we have gone through quite a few Epass (or whatever they call it) lanes and it looks and sounds like our SunPass is being charged. Thankfully, we haven't set off any alarms yet -- All that to say that I'm not sure what the distinction is between the SunPass and the Epass. Maybe they just call it something different within the city of Orlando?

I didn't go to the detail of finding exact model years and colors, but, here's a quick & dirty side-by-side of these two models from behind. Still doable...

Slide1-1.jpg

Considering that George had some experience with a car dealership (his family owned one and he worked there), I would think he of all people would be able to ID different makes of vehicles regardless of whether they were the same color.

If I were the one following one of these vehicles, I might not be able to ID one from the other, but someone with "car experience" would ... IMO.

Anyone with car experience out there who does think these look alike?

Speculation: Casey attempted to use Tony's dark colored Jeep Grand Cherokee to retrieve gas cans from the Anthony's home 6/29 <10:25AM and was surprised by George driving up. She spotted him driving up at a distance and pulled away in time for George not to get close enough to notice it was a Jeep GC vs. Cindy's Toyota 4Runner. IF George saw Casey he may not have payed close attention to the vehicle (your mind will convince you something is true if you believe it to be) and it would make sense to him she'd be in the 4Runner vs. another vehicle altogether.

This would explain:
(a) why Casey would be @ the house in something other than the Pontiac,
(b) why George thought she was in Cindy's 4Runner,
(c) why there are no EPass records for Cindy's 4Runner matching George's HHR
(d) why the first cell activity of the day is a Plan "B" to Amy about gas cans
(e) why Cindy would state that it never happened since she likely knew her 4Runner never went missing.​
Just a thought.

I think it is an excellent and plausible thought.

The thing that has me confused about the E pass statements are the locations. On the 29th, GA drives through "Curry Ford" then "Dean" then back through "Dean". I would have thought they were roads, but Curry Ford does not intersect with 408. Do the toll booths in Orlando have "random" names assigned to them? GA also says CA was heading up Chickasaw to get on the 408, but there is no on/off access to the 408 from Chickasaw.

So perhaps he chased her up Chickasaw to Goldenrod where they get on the 408 and head west. There is a toll booth near the Orlando Executive Airport which would be considered a "mid" booth rather than on/off. The next "mid" toll booth heading west is just before Hiawassee. The distance between the two booths is 7.2 miles, so for GA to cover that distance in 5 minutes he would have to be driving over 86 MPH. She gets off at Hiawassee while he is going through the toll, and he loses her there, pulls a u-turn shortly after and passes back through the booth. But...there are no other charges that day so he would have had to get off the 408 very shortly after that.

. . . and on another note, my son and I are down here in Orlando for the search, got here last night so he could be here for the team leader training today. We are from the FL panhandle and that's why we have a SunPass. Since we got here we have gone through quite a few Epass (or whatever they call it) lanes and it looks and sounds like our SunPass is being charged. Thankfully, we haven't set off any alarms yet -- All that to say that I'm not sure what the distinction is between the SunPass and the Epass. Maybe they just call it something different within the city of Orlando?

I believe that originally the Sunpass was supposed to only be for the Turnpike and the Epass for the toll roads within Orlando/Central FL. I believe they combined the two (in software or whatever) so that either one will work anywhere in the state and charge accordingly...not terribly sure though.

Turnpike info: http://www.floridasturnpike.com/about_faqs.cfm

Epass expressway authority site (tons of good info - even toll amounts and where) http://www.expresswayauthority.com/

Hope this helps!

re: Cindy - I thought GA and CA were both home and he TOLD Cindy "I'm going after her" and Cindy said "George don't" or something to that effect. Going looking - I think it was in GAs first interview..

God Bless you both & the search this weekend!!!

Well to add more meat to the stew, George nor Cindy knew about the new boyfriend Tony let alone what type of vehicle he had so if GA did not get close enough he may have thought it was Cindy's car. My question is do those two cars look enough alike to confuse GA. I would not be able to tell them apart unless you are comparing a beetle to a bus but that just me.

If you see a strange car pulling out of your driveway but you don't know who it is, it's likely (especially being a former LE) that you would want to confront them as to what they were doing parked there and why did they drive away when they noticed you. Maybe he didn't know it was KC.

I think it is an excellent and plausible thought.

The thing that has me confused about the E pass statements are the locations. On the 29th, GA drives through "Curry Ford" then "Dean" then back through "Dean". I would have thought they were roads, but Curry Ford does not intersect with 408. Do the toll booths in Orlando have "random" names assigned to them? GA also says CA was heading up Chickasaw to get on the 408, but there is no on/off access to the 408 from Chickasaw.

So perhaps he chased her up Chickasaw to Goldenrod where they get on the 408 and head west. There is a toll booth near the Orlando Executive Airport which would be considered a "mid" booth rather than on/off. The next "mid" toll booth heading west is just before Hiawassee. The distance between the two booths is 7.2 miles, so for GA to cover that distance in 5 minutes he would have to be driving over 86 MPH. She gets off at Hiawassee while he is going through the toll, and he loses her there, pulls a u-turn shortly after and passes back through the booth. But...there are no other charges that day so he would have had to get off the 408 very shortly after that.

*Bold by me*

Thanks for "doing the math", JWG. I'd say that essentially creates point (f) "why George's epass account establishes him traveling ~86mph".

Here's an idea to work with...I know it still takes some work (e.g. dunno where Cindy would've been), but, still doable, IMHO...

George states he's working Sun-Thu schedule. He also states at the end of the month he's working some extra...going in early. He doesn't state the circumstances of his seeing Casey leaving the house (e.g. where he was at the time), but, it almost seems that he may be driving up to the house since he sees her leaving the house (like he wasn't there at the time) and decides to give chase.

EPass records for 6/29 8:48AM, 8:53AM & 9:09AM agree with the route he described taking in the "chase" scene, and IMHO, the brief time period between toll booths suggests he was moving at a decent rate of speed. Someone could calc the ave speed using google to locate the booths, get distance and diff. in timestamps if interested.

There are no cell records from Casey <10:25AM 6/29 until she texts Amy asking about her gas can (recall the Pontiac is @ Amscot allegedly out of gas).

Speculation: Casey attempted to use Tony's dark colored Jeep Grand Cherokee to retrieve gas cans from the Anthony's home 6/29 <10:25AM and was surprised by George driving up. She spotted him driving up at a distance and pulled away in time for George not to get close enough to notice it was a Jeep GC vs. Cindy's Toyota 4Runner. IF George saw Casey he may not have payed close attention to the vehicle (your mind will convince you something is true if you believe it to be) and it would make sense to him she'd be in the 4Runner vs. another vehicle altogether.

This would explain:
(a) why Casey would be @ the house in something other than the Pontiac,
(b) why George thought she was in Cindy's 4Runner,
(c) why there are no EPass records for Cindy's 4Runner matching George's HHR
(d) why the first cell activity of the day is a Plan "B" to Amy about gas cans
(e) why Cindy would state that it never happened since she likely knew her 4Runner never went missing.
(f) why George's epass account establishes him traveling ~86mph between tolls​

Here's a quick & dirty side-by-side view from the back of Grand Cherokee & 4Runner. These aren't the same model years or colors involved...FYI only.

Slide1-1.jpg

Bump after adding JWG's calcs as point (f).

This makes perfect sense to me. Great sleuthing!

So the question then is - did Tony lend his Jeep to Casey on this day? If not, how did she get it if she was indeed driving it?

Tony's Jeep is black (don't know where I got this info from, but I think maybe somewhere in the docs there's an invoice from when it was being serviced). I'd like to see an actual picture of CA's 4Runner to see how close the color is.

Something is very fishy with this e pass stuff.

Its also strange that KC never spent more than a few nights away from the house and is all of a sudden gone with Caylee a month and these GP arent more worried.

This makes perfect sense to me. Great sleuthing!

So the question then is - did Tony lend his Jeep to Casey on this day? If not, how did she get it if she was indeed driving it?

Tony's Jeep is black (don't know where I got this info from, but I think maybe somewhere in the docs there's an invoice from when it was being serviced). I'd like to see an actual picture of CA's 4Runner to see how close the color is.

Yes, it's in the first doc dump 400pgs, statement from Tom's Auto repair:

1997 black Jeep Grand Cherokee​

Cindy's info from the EPass statement:

1999 green Toyota 4Runner​

There are lots of, at least partial, images of Cindy's 4Runner when she's interviewed in the driveway and it's parked in the garage behind her. Its a very dark green, IMHO.

Here's CA's 4Runner next to a random 1997 black Jeep Cherokee. Admittedly, CA's car is in the garage and a little dark, but it is a very dark green (don't mind the arrow, I swiped this from a flash video):

Flash.jpg
jeep.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members