Found Safe FL -Marivel Dunn, 60, Wildwood, kidnapped after being attacked, abducted from home, 14 Mar 2024 *arrest*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
dunn

According to Wildwood police, 60-year-old Marivel Dunn was kidnapped from 6056 Hall Place just after 10 p.m. Thursday.

Police say the suspect, 54-year-old James Savage, punched Dunn, pulled by her hair and slammed her into the ground before forcefully putting her into his vehicle, a 2018 black Mercedes-Benz.

Police say Savage and Dunn were last known to be in a domestic relationship.

A video shared Friday morning by the police department appears to show surveillance footage of the incident. Savage can be seen wearing a black tank top, green shorts and black/brown flip flops as he batters Dunn in the process of forcing her into his vehicle, police said.

Their phones have been turned off, according to police.

James Savage and Dunn have been in domestic relationship, living together at multiple unverified locations. Law enforcement has visited these possible unverified locations; however they are not currently living there. Both individuals have ties to Sumter County, Marion County and Palm Beach County.

Last edited:
A video shared Friday morning by the police department appears to show surveillance footage of the incident. Savage can be seen wearing a black tank top, green shorts and black/brown flip flops as he batters Dunn in the process of forcing her into his vehicle, police said.

Their phones have been turned off, according to police.
Yikes

Savage’s vehicle was described as a black 2018 Mercedes-Benz S Series bearing Florida tag No. MNMBENZ, the news release states. It was last seen traveling north on U.S. 301 toward Marion County, passing County Road 102 around 10:23 p.m. Thursday, about 10 minutes after the reported kidnapping.

This latest article states, "A second, unidentified woman in the video tries to stop Savage but is unsuccessful."

It didn't look to me like she was really trying to stop anything, but maybe she was just in shock and not very effective at whatever she was trying to do.

This latest article states, "A second, unidentified woman in the video tries to stop Savage but is unsuccessful."

It didn't look to me like she was really trying to stop anything, but maybe she was just in shock and not very effective at whatever she was trying to do.
Oh NO! also from your article
At 11 a.m., police said the Mercedes-Benz that Savage was driving was found, but the couple was not with the vehicle

I am puzzled by the second woman's connection. I did feel she was attempting to calm him down and the video ends before knowing if she got in the vehicle or not. I'm sure LE know and may have even interviewed her. She is not listed as missing so I'm assuming she is safe.

"Wildwood police said Marivel Dunn had been safely located and is currently with law enforcement.

Officers said the suspect, James Savage, has been located by an out-of-county law enforcement agency and they are working on apprehending him."

Barricade situation, glad she's out of harm's way. Hope no one else is involved inside this home though.
The home is in the area of Southeast 174th Belhaven Loop, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said.

Several law enforcement vehicles, including local police, sheriff's office deputies, and the S.W.A.T. team, have been out at the house for hours.

Barricade situation, glad she's out of harm's way. Hope no one else is involved inside this home though.

The home is in the area of Southeast 174th Belhaven Loop, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said.

Several law enforcement vehicles, including local police, sheriff's office deputies, and the S.W.A.T. team, have been out at the house for hours.
From your link
Around 3 p.m. Friday, a person who identified himself as Savage called the FOX 35 newsroom. During the 30-minute phone call, which was difficult to follow at times, Savage discussed a variety of topics. FOX 35 immediately contacted law enforcement.

UPDATE: As of Saturday morning, James Savage was arrested at a home in The Villages after a long standoff with Marion County deputies.
[...]
Savage is facing at least two charges, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and shooting into an occupied dwelling.
[...]
Charges from the Wildwood police for his domestic violence and kidnapping warrant relating to Marivel Dunn are forthcoming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back