FL FL - Miami-Dade, WhtMale, UP13717, 60-80, 'Kelly Wilson' 'John Kelly', Mar'80 - Willard Wesley Thorne

Coffee56

Reaction score
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1980-0863
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible NicknameThe decedent had information on him for Kelly Wilson or John Kelly.
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years)60-80
Estimated Year of Death1980
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight123 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundMarch 19, 1980
NamUs Case CreatedApril 9, 2015
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
LocationMiami, Florida
CountyMiami-Dade County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)Under Flagler St bridge NW side.
Circumstances of RecoveryFound 3/19/1980.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorGray or Partially Gray
Head Hair DescriptionHair is gray and of medium length with a central balding pattern.
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptiongray mustache and beard
Left Eye ColorGray
Right Eye ColorGray
Eye Descriptiongray-brown eye color
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar located below the right knee. Scar located along the left thigh. Healed, surgical scar on the left side of the head.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
--
Near the Body

Clothing
Gray jacket, brown pants, black socks, red/blue/white shirt.
On the Body

There are a few court records in Miami for a Willard Wesley Thorne (DOB 09/06/1910), between 1975 and 1978. Drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
There is a newspaper article from 1946 in Pennsylvania that reads "Another Tennessean in court this morning, Willard Wesley Thorne, 36 Hixon, Tenn.(...)". Same charges, drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
Another newspaper article from 1949 in Oregon mentions a "Willard W. Thorne, transient, held".
In 1958, a transient county fair worker, Willard W. Thorne 47, was arrested on intoxication charges.
In 1971, Pennsylvania- A Tampa, Fla man, Willard W. Thorne, 60, was charged with indecent exposure at the Carlisle Fair.

I don't think WWT had any living or close relatives at the time of his death.

MOO JMO

There are a few court records in Miami for a Willard Wesley Thorne (DOB 09/06/1910), between 1975 and 1978. Drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
There is a newspaper article from 1946 in Pennsylvania that reads "Another Tennessean in court this morning, Willard Wesley Thorne, 36 Hixon, Tenn.(...)". Same charges, drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
Another newspaper article from 1949 in Oregon mentions a "Willard W. Thorne, transient, held".
In 1958, a transient county fair worker, Willard W. Thorne 47, was arrested on intoxication charges.
In 1971, Pennsylvania- A Tampa, Fla man, Willard W. Thorne, 60, was charged with indecent exposure at the Carlisle Fair.

I don't think WWT had any living or close relatives at the time of his death.

MOO JMO
He had a half-sister who would've still been alive at the time of his death, she died in 2017.

NamUS file was created in 2015 and the half sister died in 2017. I don’t see anything about DNA but maybe the sister was contacted before she passed?

Neither of the names he had on him were even similar to his real name.

The decedent had information on him for Kelly Wilson or John Kelly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130
Back