Resolved FL- West Palm Beach, lake south of 45th Street east of Interstate 95, UID remains, in submerged late 80's car, 9 Feb. 2024 - NOT HUMAN

I wonder if Arlene had a car that was also missing?

Great find and definitely a possibility!

She looks like the most likely possibility so far.

West Palm Beach police gave a surprising update Tuesday about remains found inside a car that had been submerged in a lake for decades.

Investigators said the remains aren’t human, as many suspected.

Instead, an anthropologist has identified them as turtle remains.

West Palm Beach police gave a surprising update Tuesday about remains found inside a car that had been submerged in a lake for decades.

Good to know, his ninja buddies wondered what happened to him.
1707938182777.png

Oh wow... What a twist, and one I'm very glad for, now that we know nobody died. I wonder why the car was there, and if it related to foul play, but I doubt it.

Ummm...how does one confuse turtle remains for human remains?

The car being submerged underwater still implies the high probability of human remains having been there at one point. Researching the car and its ownership could still solve a MP case.
Depending on what kind of turtle it was, the remains could have been roughly human-sized. I used to live in Ormond Beach, Florida, where there was an old WWII lookout tower on the beach with a famous story of a night sentry who thought he was firing on a foreign operative sneaking onto the beach at night from a submarine. Upon closer inspection, he discovered that he'd actually shot and killed a leatherback turtle (poor thing).
I could definitely see a diver underwater, peering into a wrecked car and seeing a dead turtle and mistaking it for a human, considering the physical changes a human body would go through in those same conditions. You definitely wouldn't be expecting a turtle inside a car, I'm sure.1707940110375.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back