GA GA - Ann Taylor Dorminey, 30, Valdosta, Oct 3, 1981

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ann Taylor Dorminey was last seen late in the night on Friday, October 2nd, 1981, and early morning (a.m.) on Saturday, October 3rd, 1981. Dorminey's pocketbook and vehicle were found at her residence. A window of Dorminey's residence was found to be broken out upon a search conducted for Dorminey's well being. Dorminey has not been seen or heard from since October 3rd, 1981

Demographics
Missing Age: 30 Years
Current Age: 68 Years
First Name: Ann
Middle Name: Taylor
Last Name: Dorminey
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight: 115 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: October 3, 1981
NamUs Case Created: August 12, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: Lowndes County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Ann Taylor Dorminey was last seen late in the night on Friday, October 2nd, 1981, and early morning (a.m.) on Saturday, October 3rd, 1981. Dorminey's pocketbook and vehicle were found at her residence. A window of Dorminey's residence was found to be broken out upon a search conducted for Dorminey's well being. Dorminey has not been seen or heard from since October 3rd, 1981

Physical Description
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies

Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Region 9
(229) 225-4090
Agency Case Number: 09-0224-25-82
Klay Luke, Special Agent

Taylor is her maiden name rather than a middle name. She was born Anne Elizabeth Taylor on 19 September 1951 in Duval County, Florida. This comes from a Dorminey genealogy at Microsoft Word - South Georgia & Dorminey Family Genealogy (see page 81). There are also US Public Records Index entries (on Ancestry) for Anne E Taylor, with the 19 September 1951 DoB, living in California (Arcadia and West Covina) but with no date listed in an index which runs from 1950 to 1993. What is odd is that a record at Arline Street, West Covina, CA: Registered Companies, Associates, Contact Information (which corresponds with an address in the US Public Records Index) shows Anne E Taylor as having lived there in the past (as is expected) but also notes that the property was not built until 1977. This leads to a problem. Either Anne Taylor Dorminey left of her own accord and moved to California or the unusually professional genealogy is wrong or there is another Anne E Taylor with the exact same DoB as the missing or the build date of the property at 2442 Arline Street, West Covina is wrong. I have no idea which is the case.

I now know the answer to my question in #12. There is a completely unrelated Anne Elizabeth Taylor with the same DoB in California. She was born Anne Elizabeth Parnkopf and married a Taylor, hence the difficulty finding the answer. So we are left with the information (full name and DoB) from the Dorminey genealogy but no further leads.

The date is wrong, she dissapeared in 1973 or 1974 , her son was 3 or 4 at the time and was born in 1970.
The information I have found states she disappeared when she was 30 though, and she was born in 1951 so is it 100% known when she actually disappeared? I think not having the correct dates is a HUGE discrepancy on the officers part if she in fact did go missing in the 70s and not in 81.

The information I have found states she disappeared when she was 30 though, and she was born in 1951 so is it 100% known when she actually disappeared? I think not having the correct dates is a HUGE discrepancy on the officers part if she in fact did go missing in the 70s and not in 81.
I am pretty confident on the 1951 DoB. Not only is the genealogy linked in #12 above very detailed which suggests good knowledge, there is also a school yearbook photo on Ancestry for the class of 1969 at Cook County High School in Adel, Georgia which is clearly Ann. I think the photo is from 1965 but with students shown in their expected graduation years and 1969 fits a DoB of 1951. I would assume the age of 30 is just a calculation based on the 1981 date which appears to be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back