GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

Anyone have any theories that they want to share? I followed Justin Gaines' case when he went missing, but haven't heard much in years until today..

According to a friend who lives w/in miles of where they are searching, there has been increased helicopter traffic in the area this afternoon. She wasn't sure if it was police or media though. Hopefully we get an update soon.

Heard on the radio that LE is very confident in this tip that led them to Walton County, was from someone who was believed to be connected to the disappearance. First time I've ever heard that--will try to find a link!

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/search-continues-walton-county-body-missing-teen/nnXDq/

After listening to what the Sheriff said in his interview, it appears LE have a good suspect in mind. I've been following this case. I pray his mother gets closure on her precious son. JMO.

I have a few theories. I think Justin had a few words with this kid from walton county in the club that night. Could have just stepped on his toes on the dancefloor for all we know. Apparently this kid is a member of a gang and is in prison now for an unrelated crime. I understand that there are over 70 gangs in the area but I think the name is Ghost face killers. They have branches in other states and cities and are known for violence. Anyway, my theory is he saw Justin again outside Wild bills who was probaby, at this point hitching for a ride. They somehow got him in the car and decided to kill him for the blatant disrespect. I used to think it was a random weirdo who thought he may get somewhere if he offered him a ride, but then killed him when he declined and buried him in the back yard. But then we started hearing about wells and that There is a GROUP involved in this. Whoever this girl is, she is probably trying to work out a deal for protection by offering more information. No one wants to be a jailhouse snitch when you have ties to a prison gang.

These are all pure speculation with rumours as the source.
I'd be interested to hear what other people have heard.

Still nothing I guess? Authorities were so positive in the past I thought they would finally solve that case...

Still nothing I guess? Authorities were so positive in the past I thought they would finally solve that case...

It seems like from wwhat I read the person that provides the tips basically gives a tip to try and get out of trouble and they never pan out. Any news on what happened with those prior arrest?

It's now been 10 years since Gwinnett teen Justin Gaines disappeared

Sims, the lead investigator on the case, believes Gaines got a ride from a blonde woman at Wild Bill’s, and that the woman took him to a house in Snellville. Gaines was then robbed and killed, and his body was dumped in Lake Lanier before being moved to a well in Barrow County or Walton County, Sims believes.

A man named Dylan Glass has told police that he assaulted Gaines and took his diamond earring, but did not kill him. He is in prison on unrelated charges, and has not been charged in connection with Gaines’ disappearance. Glass also recorded a video encouraging witnesses to come forward, Channel 2 reported.

The sheriff’s department has interviewed “literally hundreds and hundreds of people” about Gaines’ disappearance, but much of it comes back to Glass, Sims said.

10 years later, investigators say they're close to breaking Justin Gaines case

Ten years gone, a mother's hope: Justin Gaines will come home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls