GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

@AggressiveFruit

How
“If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

The moment I heard the rumors about the condition of her body, I said, "this sounds like a lust murderer." They often target strangers, because it's harder to trace the crime back to them. In addition, organized sexual homicide offenders often put distance between them and their crime scene. That means, it's unlikely that the killer lives near Piedmont Park, but that's not written in stone.
Perhaps doesn’t live near PP but imo has spent many, many hours on foot in the park at various times of day and in various seasons. IOW this is his turf…his terrain.

He is intimate in a primal/sensorial way with the park—knows its sights/sounds/lighting/shadow/tree canopy—-with the acuity of an animal prowling for prey on the Serengeti. He is in full possession of himself in that space. He picked that spot under the trees, right by 10th with ppl coming and going, yards away from/earshot of
the condos on Charles Allen because
he knew, regardless, he had nothing to fear.

Katie’s murderer knew Piedmont Park like the back of his hand. I believe he lived and still lives in the MidTown area, probably within a five mile radius of the Park. Midtown would be comfortable for him as he could engage in a certain level of consensual sadism in that community. I also think he’s married and has a job. I think it’s why he’s been able to evade APD. I think they’re looking in all the wrong places. MOO

I ALSO think this perpetrator may have stabbed Patrick Boland to death. An early stabbing attempt.

I, too, believe the killer knows Piedmont Park very well. However, you don't have to live nearby to understand the rhythm of that space. I think the killer spends a lot time in that park; particularly, at night.

This person gets off on violence and degradation. If he's messing around in Piedmont Park, he likely engages in name-calling, choking, slapping, spitting, and his behavior may be misunderstood as rough sex/roleplaying. He may also have a problem with getting excited during consensual sex.

Quote: "Midtown would be comfortable for him as he could engage in a certain level of consensual sadism in that community."

That statement really resonated with me, because I truly believe the killer spends a lot of time in that community, but he has a completely separate life away from it. This is someone who blends into his surroundings.

@AggressiveFruit

How

Perhaps doesn’t live near PP but imo has spent many, many hours on foot in the park at various times of day and in various seasons. IOW this is his turf…his terrain.

He is intimate in a primal/sensorial way with the park—knows its sights/sounds/lighting/shadow/tree canopy—-with the acuity of an animal prowling for prey on the Serengeti. He is in full possession of himself in that space. He picked that spot under the trees, right by 10th with ppl coming and going, yards away from/earshot of
the condos on Charles Allen because
he knew, regardless, he had nothing to fear.

I think the regulars who cruise Piedmont Park after midnight, have encountered this person. They simply haven't made the connection, because of his seemingly normal appearance. However, if he's been intimate with anyone in the park, I'm sure they got a sampling of his sadistic personality.

Keep in mind, this theory is based on the assumption that the killer was hunting in the park and didn't follow Katie there.

I, too, believe the killer knows Piedmont Park very well. However, you don't have to live nearby to understand the rhythm of that space. I think the killer spends a lot time in that park; particularly, at night.

This person gets off on violence and degradation. If he's messing around in Piedmont Park, he likely engages in name-calling, choking, slapping, spitting, and his behavior may be misunderstood as rough sex/roleplaying. He may also have a problem with getting excited during consensual sex.

Quote: "Midtown would be comfortable for him as he could engage in a certain level of consensual sadism in that community."

That statement really resonated with me, because I truly believe the killer spends a lot of time in that community, but he has a completely separate life away from it. This is someone who blends into his surroundings.
So how does he get into and out of the park unnoticed?

It’s a hassle to park in that area. Definitely don’t see him heading to his parked car after killing KJ…blood etc. and heading home. Unless he’s a runner, parked a few miles away and ran to and from.

So how does he get into and out of the park unnoticed?

It’s a hassle to park in that area. Definitely don’t see him heading to his parked car after killing KJ…blood etc. and heading home. Unless he’s a runner, parked a few miles away and ran to and from.

Shortly after police were called to Piedmont Park, someone reported an abandoned scooter in the middle of 7585 John Lewis Freedom Parkway. The caller said, it was left in the middle of the street. People leave scooters everywhere, but dumping one in the middle of the road sounds like someone was in a big hurry.

Other theories:

Was the killer wearing protective coveralls? Was there a change of clothes in a backpack or in the trunk of a car? Homeless people who sleep in parks, often hide their clothes/belongings in bushes or garbage bins. It's possible the killer hid a bag or a change of clothes in a similar spot. Also, if the killer was wearing black clothing, it would be hard to see blood stains in the dark.

Given the fact that the letters FAT were carved into KJ, your notion that the killer might be a runner/into fitness, sounds plausible.

Shortly after police were called to Piedmont Park, someone reported an abandoned scooter in the middle of 7585 John Lewis Freedom Parkway. The caller said, it was left in the middle of the street. People leave scooters everywhere, but dumping one in the middle of the road sounds like someone was in a big hurry.

Other theories:

Was the killer wearing protective coveralls? Was there a change of clothes in a backpack or in the trunk of a car? Homeless people who sleep in parks, often hide their clothes/belongings in bushes or garbage bins. It's possible the killer hid a bag or a change of clothes in a similar spot. Also, if the killer was wearing black clothing, it would be hard to see blood stains in the dark.

Given the fact that the letters FAT were carved into KJ, your notion that the killer might be a runner/into fitness, sounds plausible.
Can def see change of clothing.

Coveralls imo may be a bit bulky/restrictive for range of motion required for what I imagine to be the extreme physicality of this crime. It was also hot-humid July and those wld def be out of place/ draw attn.

Can’t imagine scooter as getaway as those stand out on any given day and esp at night.

To me, this perp wouldn’t be so careless to be in the middle of a major intersection that night.
In the shadows, under extended tree canopy, near an intersection, where he can see but not be seen, yes.

That’s a good question. I would love to know who that person is and what they saw. I’d also like to know about the person who was making a 911 call around the time of Emma’s call.
I do not believe that one reporter was the only source. From my recollection, I was at a local event the afternoon of the day her body was found and it seemed like many people there already had the correct details even though I never saw any official confirmation of them until much later. Lots of city officials/reporters/attorneys live in the neighborhoods nearby. The park’s largest annual festival was set to take place the following week. I think there was a lot of fear about an ongoing threat to the neighborhood and several people let details slip out where they inevitably found their way to social media

Can def see change of clothing.

Coveralls imo may be a bit bulky/restrictive for range of motion required for what I imagine to be the extreme physicality of this crime. It was also hot-humid July and those wld def be out of place/ draw attn.

Can’t imagine scooter as getaway as those stand out on any given day and esp at night.

To me, this perp wouldn’t be so careless to be in the middle of a major intersection that night.
In the shadows, under extended tree canopy, near an intersection, where he can see but not be seen, yes
if you walk north through the park past the dog park you eventually connect to the east side beltline trail. It was unfinished then (so no cameras or lights) and really only traveled at night by unhoused people, teenagers and graffiti artists. From there you could come out behind Ansley mall on Monroe, cut across the Ansley Golf Course, or walk to the train yard at Armour Drive and go….pretty much wherever. There are several large and small encampments where people live around the train yard. Most people driving by wouldn’t bat an eye seeing someone hop a guard rail or duck through a hole in a fence around there to get to the street.

if you walk north through the park past the dog park you eventually connect to the east side beltline trail. It was unfinished then (so no cameras or lights) and really only traveled at night by unhoused people, teenagers and graffiti artists. From there you could come out behind Ansley mall on Monroe, cut across the Ansley Golf Course, or walk to the train yard at Armour Drive and go….pretty much wherever. There are several large and small encampments where people live around the train yard. Most people driving by wouldn’t bat an eye seeing someone hop a guard rail or duck through a hole in a fence around there to get to the street.
Welcome to Ws @Saucebat, always nice to have a local person here!

That route makes perfect sense.

Welcome to Ws @Saucebat, always nice to have a local person here!
Thanks! This was the case that made me finally make an account. I’ll add a bit of a note: this section of the park park parallel to the botanical gardens was very new at the time and relatively unknown to most visitors because of its distance from the center of the park and parking areas. That section of the beltline was even less known, and its entrance was relatively nondescript (a gravel path behind a storage facility).

I see two possibilities for leaving the park. The first is luck, where they walk out somewhere in plain view along 10th or Piedmont and are never caught by cameras or noticed by passersby. Given that the last time Katie was seen on camera was the 10th and Piedmont intersection before walking a good distance down 10th, this seems unfortunately somewhat plausible (although deeply unsatisfying that someone could slip through the cracks in the center of town like that). I do remember at the time they had police going door to door for a week or so asking for Ring camera footage and such, but I guess they had no luck.

The other option is that this person knows the area very, very well. A lot of people pointed fingers at the local unhoused community at the time, and I believe those in communities living closest were questioned by police. To me, this doesn’t sound quite right as a lot of these people have had a fairly consistent presence in the area for years while this type of murder is (as far as I know) unheard of for the area in recent memory. I have full confidence the guys who live along the trail would inform police if they suspected a killer was hanging around where they sleep.

KJs case also prompted my joining WS. I was frozen in fear for months after that July because so many of my habits were similar to KJs … confident in my surroundings, walking a dog solo after dark, service industry, lover of PP, and so on.

Not anymore.

I think you’re spot-on with the beltline exit behind Ansley (I mentioned the same unthread).

I thought it was a bit out of line that the homeless community initially took some heat around this. My feeling from having lived on the park was that they were mostly very decent people and based on my experience if the killer were amoung their population at any point, he would have been turned in by now.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back