GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need more than just the word of an anonymous poster

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you have the information to solve the case turn it over. Why let Tara's case continue to be unsolved

Exactly. And what kind of town would allow a killer to remain free? Only thing I can fathom is that they know local LE won't do anything. That would imply that GBI is in on the cover-up as well, which I would like to believe isn't true. But then I seem to recall that MH's LE buddy, JH, is now employed there. If I'm correct on that, doesn't give me much hope that this will ever be solved...not by LE anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is sundrop directly connected to the podcast? Fawkes... why so cocky & defensive? The goal is to find Tara & who may have harmed her. If you have information don't be evasive about it. Contact LE!! How do you know these very specific details?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes I connected to the podcast

What's Payne's name on here? I'll talk with him if he's interested. Anonymously of course.
Thanks for being willing to discuss what you know. I think Payne (& I guess sundrop) are doing an excellent job with the podcast! 👍

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Information can only be helpful if it is collaborated

Exactly. And what kind of town would allow a killer to remain free? Only thing I can fathom is that they know local LE won't do anything. That would imply that GBI is in on the cover-up as well, which I would like to believe isn't true. But then I seem to recall that MH's LE buddy, JH, is now employed there. If I'm correct on that, doesn't give me much hope that this will ever be solved...not by LE anyway.

It has nothing to do with GBI,nor not wanting this solved- imo. Ocilla is like most small towns here in Ga. LE is a bunch of good 'ol boys, and unless your last name carries massive weight, you keep your mouth shut if you and yours like to stay above ground or out of jail. Self preservation

It has nothing to do with GBI,nor not wanting this solved- imo. Ocilla is like most small towns here in Ga. LE is a bunch of good 'ol boys, and unless your last name carries massive weight, you keep your mouth shut if you and yours like to stay above ground or out of jail. Self preservation

I completely agree with you about the "good ol' boys" mentality of LE in a small town. However, I absolutely do believe there is a cover-up going on at both levels with Tara's case. There are two primary POI in this case. One rules the roost now in his small town. The other has alibis for both Sat and Sun night. The Sat night alibi is an officer the POI actually worked with when he was also an officer for OPD. His Sun night alibi now works for the GBI. IMHO, it's not a matter of whether or not a few good men in the GBI want this case resolved or not, but rather a matter of gaining solid proof to break through all these roadblocks. Again, just MOO. The locals aren't going to speak up because, as you said, it's a matter of self-preservation. Considering the odds, I don't blame them.

Nailed it. Some ask why wait 10-11 years to say something ..... who were we suppose to tell? People in Ocilla see the podcast as a glimmer of hope. A chance for this case to be solved and possibly light shed on corruption. The concern for many though is can we come forward with info to Payne without the podcast revealing our identity? There are certain things that could be narrowed down to know who is telling what and put certain ones in danger. Most everyone in Ocilla is afraid to take that chance.

I understand the fear but for information to solve the case the information has to be verified and, like it or not, has to be provided to the GBI because at the end of the day they are the ones who can only arrest

It is understandable that people are reluctant to come forward where police corruption seems evident. One way to curb police corruption is for citizen involvement & leaders that will actually take the initiative to resolve the issue.

It is my feeling that Dr.G has a stellar reputation and would be completely trustworthy. If I had information, I would have no qualms about trusting him. PL and Dr. G only want to do what Tara;s disappearance deserves - an open and honest investigation.

I just listened to Payne on Nancy Grace and this was new information to me... Troy the principal never submitted DNA to the GBI because he felt he was not guilty.

He was one of the last people to see Tara alive... how can he refuse to give his DNA?

Also GH reached out to him on facebook... this all seems suspicious to me. Other thoughts?

Troy was the superintendent of Irwin County schools not the principal. He did refuse to be swabbed but gbi eventually did get his DNA but I don't know how

I'm not so concerned about the glove, I feel like that could have been put there as a distraction. What concerns me is Tara's emails to her Stepmom and MH's mother, it sounds like she was bracing for something. She states that something bad will happen to her, like she had a premonition of some sort. Anyone else feel these emails are concerning?

I understand the fear but for information to solve the case the information has to be verified and, like it or not, has to be provided to the GBI because at the end of the day they are the ones who can only arrest

I don't really know how the wheels of justice turn in a case like this. Just as an example though, let me throw this out there, Dr. G., and get your input or feedback. Let's say that I had information that could be substantiated and potentially help solve this case, but I'm fearful to speak to local and state authorities. Could I go to the FBI instead?

I'm not so concerned about the glove, I feel like that could have been put there as a distraction. What concerns me is Tara's emails to her Stepmom and MH's mother, it sounds like she was bracing for something. She states that something bad will happen to her, like she had a premonition of some sort. Anyone else feel these emails are concerning?

Yes, I've often wondered what in the world Tara was referring to in those emails with her "something could happen to me or even MH". Sounds so sinister...and then she disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member