General Discussion #7

RainbowsAndGumdrops said:
I have to admit that I used to like Raven. But now I simply say that the bird should fry. I have come up with an idea (I hear that it is how they caught Al Capone). Who here reallly thinks that Raven paid his taxes on the money he embezzled? NOT ME! Taxes are due, even when the money is obtained illegally. Since he pled guilty we have record that the money was indeed imbezzled. Do you think he filed a modified return to pay taxes on that money? NO. Isn't tax evasion another FELONY! Isn't that survivor guy facing 6 years in jail. I would settle for 6 years on tax evasion. By then, we would have him for murder too!
Great Idea,R & G!!

Question for everyone - Does anyone honestly believed he paid back ONE cent of that embezzlement money yet? I wonder what time frame he has to pay it back? Me thinks we need to do more investigating on this subject.

Welcome to the Forum Rainbows, we need more like you, and it's great that more and more people are coming out now, it's very appreciated having more people that are Seeking Justice for Janet and her precious unborn child.

OOOh My, Lookee Here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

Where Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:

• Name and address of the person you are reporting
  • The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)
  • A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
  • The years involved
  • The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
  • Your name, address and daytime telephone number
Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

Frequently Asked Questions - 1.13 IRS Procedures: Reporting Fraud

I obviously cannot post his social security number here, but that's not the hardest thing to find out.

http://www.hillsboroughchamber.com/
In 2005, the Business of the Year was Sports Endeavors, Business Person of the Year was Anjan Desai of the Holiday Inn Express, and the inaugural Helping Hand Award went to Shannon Talley-Bradsher and Lori Brown of Relay for Life.

Wow, thought many of you would be interested in what I found online.

I would like to Congratulate the owners and the employees of Sports Endeavors for being named Business of the Year through the Hillsborough Chamber of Commerce. You had a tough year, and I'm sure you all feel the loss of Janet also.

terminatrixator said:
OOOh My, Lookee Here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

Where Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service

Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:

• Name and address of the person you are reporting
  • The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)
  • A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
  • The years involved
  • The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
  • Your name, address and daytime telephone number
Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

Frequently Asked Questions - 1.13 IRS Procedures: Reporting Fraud
..i rather doubt that raven has paid back a single cent of the embezzled $$$'s........much less paid his appropriate taxes...........

..if he's 'coughInnocentcough'.......(as if ) you'd think he'd be so grateful to the sund-carrington foundation for coming forth with reward $$$$'s......AND in doing so, bringing the case back to the forefront-------------something raven/and family NEVER managed to accomplish in the last 9 months..........

..raven-----------did you really think it would just go away ? that NO-ONE would care about janet ???

..surprise! MANY people care............(as you and your family do i'm sure........) don't worry, none of us will rest until we see the murderer brought to justice.

BirdHunter said:
It was almost as if LE wanted people to think about that night and remember where they were at those times to see if anything jogged their memory. This is the first time I have seen an actual description of the car driven by Raven and the soccer game named.
I think that it is VERY telling that in mentioning the reward for information, they described Raven's car, his alleged start and end points of travel, and his alleged start and end times of travel. You'd think that in a request for information in conjunction with a reward, they'd retell the details of where the crime happened, not all of this descriptive stuff about the victim's spouse. Unless ...

Yep, they want to jog people's memories about Raven and his whereabouts.

lauriej said:
..what time did the hometeacher(s) arrive ? and leave ? ( surely they could shed some light on whether kaiden was awake or asleep while they were there.)
Very good point ... I bet if it was a hometeaching night, Kaiden would have been asleep prior to the lesson. Can't get much teaching/learning done with a 6 month-old around. Of course, this is just an assumption but it makes the most sense that he would have been in bed prior to that lesson.

As you said, the hometeachers would know whether or not Kaiden was asleep by the time they left or even when they arrived. I'm sure LE has asked that and if not ... do you think they've recoginized this as a hint? lol.

terminatrixator said:
Question for everyone - Does anyone honestly believed he paid back ONE cent of that embezzlement money yet? I wonder what time frame he has to pay it back? Me thinks we need to do more investigating on this subject.
Raven knew a LONG time ago that he was going to be required to pay back that money. I bet he knew it before Janet's murder even. I think that he realized that that $9,000 plus costs was just going to be added to the growing mountain of debt and responsibility that he was accumulating and for which he was having increasing difficulty paying. I think also that his lawyer probably told him the ramifications of NOT paying this money back as opposed to the apparent lack of consequences for not paying things like rent.

This guy's working PART-TIME and probably collecting every single piece of government assistance for which he can qualify. He's the biggest scheister in the world. I think he's paying back that money and I think he's paying it back quickly. I think it might even be paid in full by now. Clearly he's got the money to pay it; what else has he had to pay for? I do think it's worth further investigating but I would tend to believe that this is one of the first things that Raven did with the benefit of all of the hand-outs. Not because it was the right thing to do but because he had to do it. Would he even qualify for all of those free government hand-outs without paying back this money?

I have to admit that I used to like Raven. But now I simply say that the bird should fry. I have come up with an idea (I hear that it is how they caught Al Capone). Who here reallly thinks that Raven paid his taxes on the money he embezzled? NOT ME! Taxes are due, even when the money is obtained illegally. Since he pled guilty we have record that the money was indeed imbezzled. Do you think he filed a modified return to pay taxes on that money? NO. Isn't tax evasion another FELONY! Isn't that survivor guy facing 6 years in jail. I would settle for 6 years on tax evasion. By then, we would have him for murder too!
Welcome to the forum, R&G! What a pleasant surprise to see a new face here! I'm looking forward to more of your ideas ... the one above is excellent. 6 years would be a heck of a lot of time for LE to put together a case to keep him behind bars for good.

JerseyGirl said:
Raven knew a LONG time ago that he was going to be required to pay back that money. I bet he knew it before Janet's murder even. I think that he realized that that $9,000 plus costs was just going to be added to the growing mountain of debt and responsibility that he was accumulating and for which he was having increasing difficulty paying. I think also that his lawyer probably told him the ramifications of NOT paying this money back as opposed to the apparent lack of consequences for not paying things like rent.

This guy's working PART-TIME and probably collecting every single piece of government assistance for which he can qualify. He's the biggest scheister in the world. I think he's paying back that money and I think he's paying it back quickly. I think it might even be paid in full by now. Clearly he's got the money to pay it; what else has he had to pay for? I do think it's worth further investigating but I would tend to believe that this is one of the first things that Raven did with the benefit of all of the hand-outs. Not because it was the right thing to do but because he had to do it. Would he even qualify for all of those free government hand-outs without paying back this money?
Now this is uncomfirmed but, I talked to a couple of people at ES who have the ability to be in the know and they seem to think the ES has not yet received one dime towards the embezzlement pay back. I don't know how long Raven has to pay this money back, but he doesn't seem to be in a big hurry.

BirdHunter said:
Now this is uncomfirmed but, I talked to a couple of people at ES who have the ability to be in the know and they seem to think the ES has not yet received one dime towards the embezzlement pay back. I don't know how long Raven has to pay this money back, but he doesn't seem to be in a big hurry.
Hmmm... That is interesting. I think we need to let his parole officer know that Raven isn't paying money back yet to ES.

Maybe that is why Raven only works at a bike shop - full time or part time, that's not a high paying job. Raven is probably saying he can't afford to pay back the money due to lack of income.

We'll have to clue in the parole officer about all of his trips, travel and fun activities.

Raven always seems to have enough money to do what he wants to do.

I heard the unconfirmed rumor that he has not paid back anything yet, I would think he should be trying to work full-time at the Bike shop (really the only place that would hire him) before his mommy has to bail him out and start trying more little "Get Rich Schemes".

Don't forget that he is a big boy with big toys to pay for.
True but I'm thinking that the survivor benefits must be covering that because surely someone that has a lot of bills to pay wouldn't be able to make it off of part-time bike boy wages.

If he doesn't pay back the embezzled money, wouldn't he be in violation of probation? With a suspended sentence, wouldn't that land his cute little butt in jail? That alone would be reason enough to pay it back - whether he wants to or not.

Moxie said:
Maybe that is why Raven only works at a bike shop - full time or part time, that's not a high paying job. Raven is probably saying he can't afford to pay back the money due to lack of income.
But I don't think that that would be a reasonable excuse, would it? If he's required to pay, then he's required to pay, I thought. I'm sure that they wouldn't force him to repay it so quickly that he'd end up living in the street with his son or that he'd be unable to afford to feed himself. They would work out a payment plan if necessary but hearing that a part-time bike boy can't afford to pay back what he stole ... I just don't think that it's that easy to get away with not paying. If he was unable to afford it, it seems to me the first recommendation from the PO would be "Get a full-time job".

In any case, I think you're right, Moxie ... I think that perhaps his probation officer should be tipped off. While so many families are working full-time and beyond to simply put dinners on the table, this guy is working part-time and not even paying back what's required to keep him out of jail? If this is true, my guess is that his PO, just like so many others, is drowning in his case load, and just hasn't caught up with Raven yet. At the same time, to not pay and to continue to work only part-time, take trips on every whim, and collect benefits from here, there, and everywhere - Raven's thumbing his nose at everyone, and behaving remarkably like the sociopath and pyschopath that terminatrixator has introduced us to in her posts.

JerseyGirl said:
But I don't think that that would be a reasonable excuse, would it? If he's required to pay, then he's required to pay, I thought. I'm sure that they wouldn't force him to repay it so quickly that he'd end up living in the street with his son or that he'd be unable to afford to feed himself. They would work out a payment plan if necessary but hearing that a part-time bike boy can't afford to pay back what he stole ... I just don't think that it's that easy to get away with not paying. If he was unable to afford it, it seems to me the first recommendation from the PO would be "Get a full-time job".

In any case, I think you're right, Moxie ... I think that perhaps his probation officer should be tipped off. While so many families are working full-time and beyond to simply put dinners on the table, this guy is working part-time and not even paying back what's required to keep him out of jail? If this is true, my guess is that his PO, just like so many others, is drowning in his case load, and just hasn't caught up with Raven yet. At the same time, to not pay and to continue to work only part-time, take trips on every whim, and collect benefits from here, there, and everywhere - Raven's thumbing his nose at everyone, and behaving remarkably like the sociopath and pyschopath that terminatrixator has introduced us to in her posts.
Totally agree! I would love to know the exact terms of probation, and, the logisitics involved in the restitution, for sure! Surely something as basic as WORKING and paying restitution would be part of his probation requirements?

And accordingly, something Term stated regarding the IRS made me think of another thing as well - it's tax season now - wonder what's going on with Raven's income taxes from last year. We know, more or less, that in 2005 Raven himself has worked very little, a few random jobs here and there. We also know that Janet was employed full-time at Martin Marietta. My guess is that it's safe to assume there would be an income tax refund, at least of some amount, coming, based on Janet's income if nothing else.

That said - I wonder, is it possible for a state to garnish a refund for unpaid restitution? And, as was pointed out in an earlier post, there could possibly also be some shadiness with regards to the IRS and the value of the embezzled goods - with that said, if the IRS knows about these things, makes you wonder - a refund check might not even arrive at Heather Ridge in Sandy, Utah

SouthEastSleuth said:
My guess is that it's safe to assume there would be an income tax refund, at least of some amount, coming, based on Janet's income if nothing else.
What happens to a tax refund when someone is murdered? Is Raven entitled to that money? As far as we know, he hasn't been cleared of his wife's murder - so just as an insurance company probably wouldn't pay out until a case is "resolved", does the IRS work the same way?

JerseyGirl said:
What happens to a tax refund when someone is murdered? Is Raven entitled to that money? As far as we know, he hasn't been cleared of his wife's murder - so just as an insurance company probably wouldn't pay out until a case is "resolved", does the IRS work the same way?
In all honesty, Jersey, I don't think the IRS would care. Isn't he getting survivor's benefits? Or is Kaiden the one getting the money and "Daddy" is just showing him how to put the cash to good use?

JerseyGirl said:
My assumption would be, if Raven and Janet filed a joint return in the past, Raven this year could file under the same status, but including the information that his spouse is now deceased. And, anytime a joint return is filed, any refund due is payable to BOTH parties listed on the return.

You know, in thinking about taxes and such, I went back and checked the property tax records for Durham County. Seems that Raven still has an outstanding account...

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/txad/TaxDB/B/Dsp001.cfm?O=8279612

(If the link does not work, simply search "Abaroa" from the search page - you will see three accounts, the account I'm referencing as under the names of both Raven and Janet)

My GUESS is, based on the vehicle value, this is the personal property tax on the Dodge Durango. As you can see, the tax, $196.59, was due on 09/01/2005. (As a point of reference from a past discussion, in NC there is a yearly tax imposed on motor vehicles, based on the current value of the vehicle.)

In wondering what having personal property tax (for a vehicle) in arrears actually MEANS, I found the following info for Durham County:

"Registered motor vehicle bills are mailed monthly. Registered motor vehicle accounts that are past due are assessed an interest charge of 5% for the first month and 3/4% for each month thereafter. In addition, we block the renewal of the license tag until the taxes are paid in full. Enforced collections will begin immediately upon the account reaching delinquent status. These legal actions may include garnishment of wages, attachment of bank accounts, rents, seizure and sale of personal property, blocking of future renewal of the tag, submission of the debt to the North Carolina Department of Revenue to request the debt be paid from any state income tax refund you may be in titled to."

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/cannonball.cfm?ID=30&deptPage=Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

So it seems that the County can actually garnish wages AND seize the amount due out of any State of NC income tax refund!

Now, that said, Durham County still has Ferrand Drive listed as the mailing address for Raven. Seems to me they would very much like to have Raven's current address, or at least that of his Mom, where he presumably is still living. Hmmmm..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back