CA Genise Rispin, 13, and Edwin Miller, 16, Lake Elsinore, August 1970

Hi,

If it is any help, I saw Eddie and Genise the night they went missing. My older sister was friends with Eddie. Genise's parents had a very nice mobile home for vacationing at tmCrane Lakeside Park, where my family had a tiny trailer we used for short visits to the lake. I think that is where my sister met and became friends with Eddie. That night, they were with their group of friends. The story I recall was that night the manager of the park kicked out Eddie and some of the rowdier members if the group from the park. I think they were just being loud and maybe drinking. But Eddie was mad, and said he and Genise were going to walk to the go kart rides down around the curved main street that the park was at. The walk was short, but that street was a wide, main street used heavily, but not as much late at night. But it wasn't paved on the shoulder. When I heard about it, as a kid, I remember the parts that my mother freaked out about. My sister was in shock mostly. I heard they were found separately, Eddie first. I never heard until this post how he died. I heard he had not been shot or stabbed, but I don't know where I heard this, but they thought he might have been shot up with a large amount of drugs. Then I recall the day vividly when my mother showed me a school picture of Genise in the paper, and her shouting about them finding her. I think I recall that they said she had been strangled. I also remember that Ortega Hwy had something to do with them. That road always scared me, and to this day, just hearing the name of it creeps me out. My mother was especially upset as Eddie's wallet incl address book was taken, and my sister's name and number were in it, as were many others. I recall going to the funeral for Eddie. I was old enough to know what happened was bad, but not enough to understand how bad. As I got much older, and became more confortable with my fascination with true crime, I recalled this incident, and wondered if it had affected me more than I thought. In that nobody ever told me what actually had happened or who did it. I did a little research here and there and read that story about the person who had done it, now being dead. I have never stopped wondering if they had been victims of Bonin, but I didn't look further. Tonight I was remembering them again and randomly Googled and came upon this! It is surreal to recall that night and the following weeks. It is heartening to know they are not forgotten. Genise was a few years older than me. It is all so strange to know that was part of the life I am still living. I will watch this site for updates, and may do some more research of my own. Thank you for caring about them. They were just kids. It could have been anyone's kids. Peace.
Thank you for sharing! All these years of interests in this tragic case and you shared this amazing experience and information. Sorry for the delay but you can imagine how crazy these last few years have been.

I hope some of you are still interested in this case. I am watching the new Netflix series "The Texas Killing Fields" and something told me to Google Genise Rispin (I do time to time to see if any new news) and finally I can put a face to the name! All these years researching and wondering and never have I seen a photo of her or Edwin. The Orange County Sheriff posted this recently. Fun weekend away for teens turns into double homicide | Orange County California - Sheriff's Department
Hi, I am the cousin of Eddie Miller. Are you still doing some research on this cold case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back